Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2021, 05:57 PM   #31
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I think the tri-council approach can have some positives. It could help with keeping the whole team in tune and the chemistry up. We shall see if it dissolves a bit under pressure or with coaches overriding it. The players are every bit as connected as the coaches are with who is working hard and deserves some minutes. I can see it being a slippery slope at some point though.

Kidd has a good crew of assistants around him and I think this all shows that he has grown to some degree from his "hard ass" ways as a HC.

DP does bring a lot of hustle and non stat Plays. But often times his hustle takes him out of position for boxing out or getting rebounds. I'd definitely be looking to try the smaller lineup with DFS at 4 and KP at 5. I just hope people don't get carried away with dfs vs Bullock. Dfs has better handles than Bullock and that really says a lot. Reggie has picked up his dribble for no reason a few times and it completely bogged down the flow of our offense. So I don't think putting him in place of dfs achieves much better results. But I think dfs can do what DP does. If he can set passable screens we aren't really missing much by switching the 2 of them out.
Yep, he doesn't have that stern, calm quiet demeanor on the sidelines any more, he's coaching, he's yelling at the players, motioning, more into it....like he cares about winning or losing. A hard ass, players respect that less, but if you go to battle with them, you earn a ton of respect. Before it was him against the refs, the other team and his own players. Communication is huge, just don't say don't take a 3 any more....got to explain why.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote