Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2001, 01:45 PM   #1
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Not that it was ever a question....But we need to sign Gary Trent and keep him. There has been speculation of him being in some type of sign and trade. But with all things considered, we may need to keep him here. I mean he doesnt backs down, and some minutes guarding Malone in this series would be huge. Not to mention Trent has some offensive game down low. DallasBasketball.com is all but reporting that Howard Eisley will be moved this summer. Which isnt that suprising to US. Im not sure what will become of the draft because as far as I know we dont have a 1st round selection. Resigning Bradley,Booth are also a given. Booth has played poorly in 2 playoff games ...but he's a rookie. Bradley played great last night ....he was a presence. But we are going to need a 5th guard for Maxwell. And a back-up PG to replace Eisley. Oh just to throw out a thought......If we are swept 3-0 do you think it will affect Finley resigning. Most all just assumed FIN was in the bag....but losing out 3-0 maybe he might decide giving leaving some thought.(I doubt it, but I like to stir the pot)
Old 04-25-2001, 02:16 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry but I think Trent is long gone. He just doesn't give the Mavs anything they need. He's not a great rebounder or a great defender. He did show some low post scoring skills in the 98/99 season, but he's looked terrible the last couple of years. And no, I don't buy the fact that he's injured right now. I think that Don Nelson just thought it would be best to kick his whining, non-contributing ass off the team, yet still keep his Bird rights (for trade value). With him on the IR - the Mavs can do that.

As for Booth - he is NOT a rookie. If he were, we wouldn't be talking about re-signing him, would we? But you are right. There is no doubt he'll be back.

There is one thing you can be sure the Mavs will do in the off-season and that is aquire a guard that can score (shoot the three). Other than that its pretty much up in the air. I think the Mavs will go after another low post player. Preferably one that can defend in the block and rebound. They would also like someone with a little offensive game down low too. Unfortunately there aren't too many available players with this collection of skill that are not named Chris Webber.

Doubting Fin is ridiculous. I'd bet my ball sack he'll be back next year.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 02:54 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Most important thing is to re-sign Finley. Which I feel confident will happen. Second most important thing IMO, would be to re-sign Booth. If we don't re-sign him, we lose big time in that trade IMO.

I would Loooove to get Strickland back. We need defense and energy coming off the bench. He'd be a great backup for Finley.

Backup point guard. Eisley just flat out Sucks. Gotta trade him. Don't know who we could get in return but surely there gotta be something good out there.

Trent. Sign'n'Trade.

Center. We need someone who can be a force. Bradley's a nice guy but he's not capable of taking us where we want to go(The Finals).

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 03:06 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Even if we're swept, Finley will resign with the team. This is our first playoffs, we're learning and will be better prepared for next year. If we hadn't made the playoffs, I would be more concerned about it.

Eisley needs to go for sure, there has to be something out there for him, it won't be another Nash, but it will be better than Eisley.

Same with Trent, Dallas can't keep hoping he'll be healthy for a season. And he isn't the same as he was a few years ago. Maybe him and Eisley for something? Donnell Harvey needs to start developing.

Booth needs to be resigned...he can improve.

It would be great if Strickland would come home, I think Cuban and Nelson can convince him. Don't bite my head off but what about Kahlid El-Amin? Dallas toyed with it but shot it down until the off-season. That's only if nothing more promising is available. But, something to think about.
Old 04-25-2001, 03:41 PM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

El-Amin I think played well for the Bulls, so I wouldn't mind him. However once again he's a liability on defense but as a backup who cares.
We're going to resign Fin, no question whatsoever. I think resigning Booth isn't 911 because I don't care what we think of him, he's not that hot of a commodity. He fits our situation well but there are very few teams that need a big guy to just rebound and be a defensive presence. Bradley, I say we resign him IF and only if we can't get another center either out of the draft or trade. Maybe we should go after Felton Spencer, I'm sure the Knicks would give him up for a song! Or acquire the rights to Muresan...
Old 04-25-2001, 04:35 PM   #6
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

why the hell would the mavs re-sign trent and keep his ass here?
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 04:58 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Would you rather have El-Amin or Strickland? Barring a sign and trade situation, our options are pretty limited. I still want to see Strick and Richmond here backing up Fin and Nash.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 05:57 PM   #8
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

I guess im one of the few Mavs fan who think we are "soft". I mean we give up dunk after dunk........layup after layup & it doesnt bother any players and apparently none of you guys. I personally have long spoke of acquiring Anthony Mason whose a free agent. Maybe Riley may want Trent...But if Trent is dealt away ....nobody who plays near the rim has any toughness. If u guys dont think that the Jazz has intimidated the Mavs some ...your kidding yourselves. Just look at out points in the paint......we get torched there regularly. Im convinced that whomever Karl Malone guards down low, they arent gettin near the basket nor do they want to. DJ if they could pull off Richmond & Strickland I would be pleased but it doesnt address toughness in the paint.
Old 04-25-2001, 07:34 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"I guess im one of the few Mavs fan who think we are "soft"."

Guess I'm one of the few who think that too. I've thought that all year. The Mavs are one of, if not THE, softest team in the NBA. I also consider them one of the dumbest teams. Maybe it's because they are my favorite team and I just critisize them more for mistakes but they don't play very smart basketball IMO.

Old 04-25-2001, 08:23 PM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

TheKid- I really hope you aren't being serious about Felton Spencer. If you are, I think you need to be commited.
Old 04-25-2001, 09:00 PM   #11
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Hey guys,

I agree with Rob & Jordan23. We are way too soft. But Nellie will have difficulty correcting it because of the way he coaches. He likes small ball and guys who can play a lot of positions. Unfortunately those players are rarely the tough guys. Nellie is also is better at a fast paced game. He is not the best coach of a half court game. A big tough power forward is usually too immobile because of Nellie's emphasis on transition basketball rather than half court sets.

One of the few bad things about Cuban is that he complains about the refs too much. The whole team is getting the Bradley disease - letting bad calls bother them. What the Mavs need to realize is that if they quit complaining about EVERY call, then the ones they DO complain about will be listened to. Refs will make mistakes and will sometimes correct it with a "make up call" a few minutes later IF the team doesn't make a big deal about it.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 11:51 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs#1fan said it best. He likes guys that can play different positions and that can run the floor.

I wouldn't mind someone like Mason who can bang inside and muscle with Malone and Webber, etc...I just don't see us bringing in a big banger though. Besides we don't have much to trade with also.

Who has security on this team? Finley, Dirk, Nash, Howard (paycheck). Buckner? I would think he's included in this list unless we're talking major trade but I don't see the Mavs pulling another one off. The people we'll get will be backup type players.
Old 04-26-2001, 03:38 AM   #13
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Bradley and Booth have security too.
Old 04-26-2001, 07:34 AM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

Don't forget about the draft. If I know Mark Cuban, He's going to want to play some games. I can see the Mavs trading Eisley, Trent and our second, for some team's first and a spare with a huge salary. The Mavs could take a project type center to fill out Bryant's roster spot.
Old 04-26-2001, 07:42 AM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

Some ideas:
Boston for Kenny Anderson
Charlotte for Derrick Coleman
Seattle for Vin Baker
Denver for Nick Van Exel
Hawks for Alan Henderson
Grizzlies for Bryant Reeves

All the above players have big, long term contracts the Mavs would love to pick up. Their teams are dying to dump them. The Mavs could really catch a break and pick up a draft pick or a young player.
Old 04-26-2001, 11:07 AM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Sorry Madape, none of those names appeal to me really. I don't want Baker at all--I do not like him. Same goes with Coleman. I wouldn't mind Kenny Anderson, if Strickland is a no go and nothing else is possible. What's his contract like? Doesn't Bryant Reeves have a ridulous contract? We already have one of those in Howard, we shouldn't take on another one. Alan Henderson is a maybe, but what about Shandon Anderson? Isn't he a free agent? Nick Van Exel would be a nice addition but he won't come here to come off the bench.

With NBATALK down, where can I get a good list of free agents?
Old 04-26-2001, 11:49 AM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

2001 Free Agents

Chris Webber
Michael Finley (Player Option)
Dikembe Mutombo
Antonio Davis (Player Option)
Derek Anderson (Player Option)
Maurice Taylor
Joe Smith
Marc Jackson
David Robinson
Tim Hardaway
Anthony Mason
Rodney Rogers (Player Option)
Corliss Williamson
John Amaechi (Player Option)
Eddie Robinson
Gary Trent
Anthony Carter (Player Option)
Stephen Jackson
Hakeem Olajuwon
Patrick Ewing
Shandon Anderson (Player Option)
Kendall Gill
Jimmy Jackson
Chris Porter
Isiah Rider
Jacque Vaughn
Cedric Ceballos
Felipe Lopez
Avery Johnson
John Stockton
Bryant Stith
Horace Grant
LaPhonso Ellis
Isaac Austin (Player Option)
Andrew DeClercq (Player Option)
Troy Hudson (Player Option)
John Crotty (Player Option)
Danny Manning (Player Option)
John Starks (Player Option)
Corie Blount (Player Option)
Ruben Patterson (Player Option)
JR Reid (Player Option)
Rafer Alston
Chris Carr
Doug Overton
Adrian Griffin
Todd MacCulloch
Chris Herren
Bruce Bowen
Jelani McCoy
Duane Causwell
Jamal Robinson
Todd Fuller
Sherman Douglas
Evan Eschmeyer
Felton Spencer
Jonathan Kerner
Elliott Perry
Don Reid
Monty Williams
Veronon Maxwell
Aaron McKie
Nazr Mohammed
Ademola Okulaja
Pepe Sanchez
Cherokee Parks
Calvin Booth
Popeye Jones
Obinna Ekezie
Anthony Johnson
Matt Maloney
Larry Robinson
Lee Nailon
Terrance Roberson
Otis Thorpe
Hersey Hawkins
Corey Benjamin
Bryce Drew
Chris Gatling
Michael Hawkins
Clarence Weatherspoon
Dana Barros
Billy Owens
Tyus Edney
Lari Ketner
Terry Mills
Sam Perkins
Zan Tabak
Garth Joseph
Jerome Kersey
Mark Pope
Scott Williams
Tyrone Corbin
Kornel David
Dan Langhi
Alvin Williams
Shawn Bradley
Terry Davis
Robert Pack
Mark Strickland
Matt Bullard
Moochie Norris
Todd Day
Tom Hammonds
Sam Jacobson
Sam Mitchell
Andrae Patterson
Reggie Slater
Derrick Dial
Sean Elliott
Danny Ferry
Ira Newble
Shawnelle Scott
David Benoit
Olden Polynice
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf
William Cunningham
Kevin Edwards
Doug West
Adam Keefe
Chris Mullin
Earl Boykins
Zendon Hamilton
Jeff McInnis
Ron Harper
Tyronn Lue
Mike Penberthy
Ruben Garces
Mario Elie
Dee Brown
A.C. Green
Gary Grant
Antonio Harvey
Stacey Augmon
Darrick Martin
Jabari Smith
Nick Anderson
Emanual Davis
Pervis Ellison
David Wingate
Dragan Tarlac
Fred Hoiberg
Arvydas Sabonis
Kevin Ollie
Michael Smith (Team Option)
Mike Smith (Team Option)
Hanno Mottola (Team Option)
Khalid El-Amin (Team Option)
Brad Miller (Team Option)
AJ Guyton (Team Option)
Jake Voskuhl (Team Option)
Brian Cardinal (Team Option)
Jason Hart (Team Option)
Michael Redd (Team Option)
Bill Curley (Team Option)
Mark Blount (Team Option)
Eduardo Najera (Team Option)
Olumide Oyediji (Team Option)
Ruben Wolkowyski (Team Option)
Paul McPherson (Team Option)
Samaki Walker (Team Option)
Johnny Newman (Team Option)
Eddie House (Team Option)
Soumalia Samake (Team Option)
Pete Mickeal (Team Option)
Lavor Postell (Team Option)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2001, 11:49 AM   #18
LAM0015
Banned

yes, i think the mavs are soft..not as soft as they were..but, i don't think that trent is the answer. I've never been impressed with him defensively and that's one area where we need some strength.
offensively, will he ever get back anywhere close to where he was ages ago before he had his 2 years on the injured list (basically)
Old 04-26-2001, 11:50 AM   #19
LAM0015
Banned

off the top of your head?
Old 04-26-2001, 11:50 AM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yep [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-26-2001, 12:12 PM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Thanks for that list Rob, appreciate it.

I had no idea Chris Porter was a free agent. The Mavs should look into him--the guy has talent. Since he's with the Warriors people might not know a lot about him. He played Finley well. He can score, rebound, run and be phyical. YES, I hope Cuban will look into him. Only problem, he may not want to come here to play off the bench--he could easily go to a team that would start him.

I mentioned John Ameachi before and no one responded--so I figured that was a no go.

What about Eddie House? He's played well for the Heat, shows some signs of talent.

I'll have to study the list a bit better and post later. It sucks not knowing what the Mavs want to do. I figure there going to be looking into a couple guards or they better be. But, whether they want to bring in another backup center or pf or sf--they haven't really said.
Old 04-26-2001, 12:34 PM   #22
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

What would the mavs have to do to get Mutombo in here? If we keep the starting 4 of Nash, Fin, Dirk, and Juwan, and keep Booth as a back up Center is there anyway we can free up some room to make a serious offer to him? If we got Mutombo, this team will win it all next year. Talk about someone with attitude! And he LOVES playing defence. Somethig the rest of this Mavs team really doesnt know much about. I'm sure that he would consider the Mavs now that teams actually think of them as title contenders.

giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 12:59 PM   #23
madape
Diamond Member

And he's only 39 years old!!! Now there's a player personell move only the Blazers could love.
Old 04-26-2001, 01:06 PM   #24
madape
Diamond Member

MavFanFinley -
I agree with you, the names I've listed are all duds (except for maybe Reeves). Kenny Anderson who couldn't play his way out of a paper bag. The point is that teams like Boston need to dump players to get under the cap. The Mavs will never be under the cap so it won't hurt them to take on a huge salary. * In excange * for taking on the salary of Baker, Coleman, or Anderson, the Mavs can ask for something in return. That being either a draft pick or a young player.

In seattle, you could look at Rashard Lewis or Desmond Mason.
In Boston, think Jerome Moiso
Vancouver, Erik Strickland and maybe even Shareef.
Old 04-26-2001, 01:56 PM   #25
TheKid
Diamond Member

Madape, of course I was joking about Felton Spencer, although he'd be a good goon! DJ I would prefer to have Strickland as well, but I was VERY unimpressed with how he played for the Knicks. I thought the Knicks got a great deal in that situation, but he ended up playing terrible.
Old 04-26-2001, 02:06 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Strick played poorly in New York because they just left him on the bench to rot. In Vancouver, he turned things around and was clearly a valuable contributor. A lot of the Grizz fans really took a liking to him (at least that the impression I got from all the Grizz boards I visited) and don't want him to leave. The only thing that worries me is that by acquiring Strick and/or Richmond, that still leaves the Mavs without a pure pg other than Nash. Despite his killer salary, Eisley's as good as gone imo.

Of course if we also snag a solid frontcourt player like Davis, then I could care less about the pg situation. Strick, Fin, or Buck could fill in just fine.
Old 04-26-2001, 02:10 PM   #27
TheKid
Diamond Member

I hear you, however I would think Strick would be a little bitter about coming back to Dallas. I mean he was an asset and we traded him for some players that eventually were of no major benefit to us. That's kind of wrong don't you think? He has to have a little grudge.
Old 04-26-2001, 02:12 PM   #28
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

He's said on a few occasions that he would like to return to Dallas. So I don't think he would be bitter.

Old 04-26-2001, 02:19 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

I heard Nellie and/or Mark called him up before the trade and told him it was simply a too good to pass up business opportunity, and they didn't like to see him go. He's been in the NBA long enough to understand that business comes first. Also, he was clearly unhappy with his mins last year, but once he sees how much he's needed now, maybe that will convince him to re-sign. I don't think the Mavs expected to trade him anyway, but the surprise drafting of Alexander as well as New York's unexpected offer basically sealed his fate.
Old 04-26-2001, 02:45 PM   #30
BusyD

BusyD is on a distinguished road

i think the mavs badly need to get rid of Eisley, that was probably one of the worst moves Cuban has EVER made...He has played maybe a solid 10 games ALL year....I think getting Erick Strickland back would be great for the team, he comes off the bench with ALOT of energy and plays great defense, he always came to play every night....and hopefully with our 2nd round picks we can use those and Eisley to move up into the first round...I also believe Najera will come along quite nicely for next season, he plays the same way Strick does, except he cant shoot near as good.....but DAMNIT we need to be thinkin bout how were gonna come back in BEAT UTAH in 5!!!!!!!!!!

GO MAVS!!!!
BusyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 03:20 PM   #31
LAM0015
Banned

good post
yeah..i would love to have strick back
Old 04-26-2001, 03:33 PM   #32
LAM0015
Banned

yeah..i think strick would like to come back.
why wouldn't he?
Old 04-26-2001, 04:24 PM   #33
madape
Diamond Member

Isn't it funny how earlier this year, everyone was talking about how this was one of the best drafts in Mavs history? Now its looking like one of the worst in Mavs history. Etan Thomas might be the biggest bust the Mavs have ever drafted. Alexander was gone by the end of the year. Harvey and Najara might turn out to be decent players, but we sure did waste two high first round picks.
Old 04-26-2001, 04:27 PM   #34
madape
Diamond Member

Just thought of this one too..

In perhaps the most ridiculed draft in Mavs history, Don Nelson selects a Chinese player with a second round draft pick. I'd like to see some statistics to see how many second round draft picks from the '99 draft are still in the league. Heard from Lee Nailon latley?

Who's laughing now!!
Old 04-26-2001, 04:36 PM   #35
LAM0015
Banned

actually, i don't think it looks like a bad draft at all with the alexander and thomas picks, ....we got juwan howard with those picks...and calvin booth...
with the harvey pick, well, the jury is still out on that one
najera appears to be a second round player that can play
Old 04-26-2001, 05:34 PM   #36
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I think it would be amusing if the Mavs made a hard push for Jacque Vaughn... he would fit in really well here, and the Mavs could start a tradition of stealing second-string point guards from Utah. I am also a big fan of the Chris Whitney kid who was in charge for a limited time in Washington... he averaged like 14 points and 9 assists in 15 or so games started while Strickland was hurt, until he got hurt himself. He's one of the better kept secrets in the league... And I think I would still be very happy with Jeff Foster coming here.

Let's not be unfair to Eisley... in his games started, Eisley averaged points in double-figures, shot in the mid-40% range, and was in the top twenty in the league in three-point field goal percentage. Eisley's late-season slump has coincided entirely with his reduced minutes since the Juwan Howard trade, and his reduced role in the offense... The guys still got plenty of talent, and he's still a great shooter, I don't give a crap what his statistics indicate. He could still flourish in another system, most likely one that doesn't fastbreak too much...

I like almost all of madape's suggestions, but I would point out that guys like Vin Baker and Derrick Coleman are potential poisons for close teams like the Mavs, and I'd stay away from them. I would like Big Country here though...

Bill Curley will be free to rejoin us after this year...
Old 04-26-2001, 05:44 PM   #37
madape
Diamond Member

Derrick Coleman is so frustrating. His skills are exactly what the Mavs need. He can score, rebound and even defend a little bit. I'm with you though, I don't want to see the damage he can do in the Mavs locker room.

The good thing about Coleman is, we could make a trade like this:

Gary Trent. Howard Eisley. Our Second Round pick.
for
Coleman, David Wesley, Otis Thorpe

If Coleman doesn't want to contribute, put him on the IR. We'd still get the backup PG and banger PF/C we need.
If Coleman decides to clean up his act... Yikes!
Old 04-26-2001, 05:46 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

I could go for a deal like that! Wesley and Thorpe are both solid, and would contribute more than Eisley or Trent.
Old 04-26-2001, 05:50 PM   #39
madape
Diamond Member

The Hornetts might even go for it. You know they want to dump Coleman BAD. Not many teams in the NBA would be willing to take on his salary. Thorpe isn't of much value on a rebuilding team, and Welsey has become expendable with the emergence of Baron Davis.
Old 04-26-2001, 05:52 PM   #40
djb
Administrator

Isn't the owner of the Hornets pretty high on Coleman? I thought I read somewhere earlier this season that he got pissed at Silas because Coleman was constantly getting benched, left on IR, or earning DNP-CD's.