Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold
Default Who do you want to win the Lottery?

As the draft lottery approaches next week I would like to throw out a post to see if anyone else has thought about this. There is a clear-cut best player available. I don't think Davis is LeBron good, but I think the talent gap between him and the next few players is simlar to the Blake Griffin and John Wall drafts.

Who do you want to get the Kentucky big man? He would instantly bring great defense and progressing offense. He could top out at Tyson Chandler (with far more blocking ability) or (if he develops a 15-20 foot jumper) he could make a run towards a KG type without the passing ability.

Of course if the Net get him it is a disaster for us. If I were Deron I'd stay with the Nets if I knew that I'd be getting Davis or possibly turning him into Dwight in July.

THE TEAMS
1. Charlotte Bobcats - 250 combinations, 25.0% chance of receiving the #1 pick
2. Washington Wizards - 199 combinations, 19.9% chance
3. Cleveland Cavaliers - 138 combinations, 13.8% chance
4. New Orleans Hornets - 137 combinations, 13.7% chance
5. Sacramento Kings - 76 combinations, 7.6% chance
6. Portland Trail Blazers (via NJ) - 75 combinations, 7.5% chance
7. Golden State Warriors - 36 combinations, 3.6% chance
8. Toronto Raptors - 35 combinations, 3.5% chance
9. Detroit Pistons - 17 combinations, 1.7% chance
10. New Orleans Hornets (via Min) - 11 combinations, 1.1% chance
11. Portland Trail Blazers - 8 combinations, 0.8% chance
12. Milwaukee Bucks - 7 combinations, 0.7% chance
13. Phoenix Suns - 6 combinations, 0.6% chance
14. Houston Rockets - 5 combinations, 0.5% chance

My 2 favorites with at least a 3% chance -
Cleveland - I'd love to see a Kyrie/Davis combo plus Thompson/Varejao. Those would be some great pieces for a franchise that was nearly declared dead following "the decision"
New Orleans - This is mostly because I was a season ticket holder 07-09. I'm pretty sure Gordon will be back. He could play power forward alongside Emeka for a few years and develop his offense. They have another lottery pick so it would be a young four of Gordon, David, Aminu and the #10

Last edited by Scott McGuire; 05-25-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote