Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-18-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Lakers would trade Shaq,but want to keep Kobe

Do you think Dallas would in the running since he says he hates the Mavs?

MSNBC
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2004, 11:03 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Lakers would trade Shaq,but want to keep Kobe

FWIW, Shaq was quoted right after the Finals as saying that if he went somewhere else he'd be interested in Dallas, Atlanta, or Orlando.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

That would be truely amazing. With Shaq IMO Dallas is the only team in the NBA that can have 4 guys standing behind the 3 point line and win a championship with a zone defense.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lakers would trade Shaq,but want to keep Kobe

That's a great line WOW, but for Shaq to come to Dallas, we would undoubtedly have to give up a few guys. As long as Dirk wasn't involved I'd trade just about anyone for the Big Fella.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:15 PM   #5
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I bet Laker fans miss Jerry West about now...
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 12:08 AM   #6
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

With T-Mac opting out I don't think he would like playing in Orlando as much.

Wasn't Shaq quoted saying that he wanted to retire with 9 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS!!!????

How would Atlanta fit into that, and would they pay him???

Cuban is the only one I know who would be willing to pay that amount or maybe Blazers owner Paul Allen of Microsoft. Should we be worried about Shaq going to the Blazers???
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 12:28 AM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE: Lakers would trade Shaq,but want to keep Kobe

"As long as Dirk wasn't involved I'd trade just about anyone for the Big Fella. "

i'll have to agree with this doc... Dirk and Shaq will make a deadly combo

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 12:36 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bcrav4
Cuban is the only one I know who would be willing to pay that amount or maybe Blazers owner Paul Allen of Microsoft. Should we be worried about Shaq going to the Blazers???
The only thing I would worry about if Shaq went to the Blazers is if he could find a bong big enough to fill his lungs with enough smoke to get him high.

...and on a side note, Paul Allen is formerly of Microsoft.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:32 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: bcrav4
The only thing I would worry about if Shaq went to the Blazers is if he could find a bong big enough to fill his lungs with enough smoke to get him high.

...and on a side note, Paul Allen is formerly of Microsoft.
Yea formerly but he's stiall a gazillionaire with all of that stock. He's usually listed right up there with gates.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 10:54 PM   #10
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

C'mon now, with Shaq's fat contract, I cant see him goin no where......I think of this as "A-Rod part Deux" Would Stern step in to make a deal happen?

Then imagine what the other team would have to give up, just to make the salaries work.

Then factor in Shaq's contract length, age, and possible future health down the road.

It would be just too big of a gamble for most every team to give up what they have to land an aging Shaq.

Instead, I see most teams just waiting for two years from now, when Shaq's contract is up, to guage his long term availability health-wise, and then decide to jump at him or not.