Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #1
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Mock Expansion Draft Game

Does anyone want to play? The rules are that you try to pick which players will get drafted during the expansion draft. You get 1 point for each correct pick and -1/2 a point for each unused pick. By this I mean if you say they will pick 29 guys and they only pick 15, then you get a -7 for overguessing so much. I am open to suggestions on scoring adjustments, but I think that is pretty simple.

Below is the list of unprotected players minus the lakers and the pistons:

ATLANTA: Alan Henderson, F-C, 6-9, 31.

BOSTON: Chucky Atkins, G, 5-11, 29. Ernest Brown*, C, 7-0, 25; Brandon Hunter, F, 6-7, 23; Jumaine Jones, F, 6-8, 25; Michael Stewart, F, 6-10, 29.

CHICAGO: Antonio Davis, C-F, 6-9, 35; Ronald Dupree*, F, 6-7, 23; Marcus Fizer*, F, 6-8, 25; Scottie Pippen, F-G, 6-8, 38; Eddie Robinson, F, 6-9, 28; Jerome Williams, F-C, 6-9, 31.

CLEVELAND: Ruben Boumtje Boumtje*, C, 7-0, 26; Jason Kapono, F, 6-8, 23; Ira Newble, F, 6-7, 29; Kevin Ollie, G, 6-2, 31.

DALLAS: Tariq Abdul-Wahad, F-G, 6-6, 29; Tony Delk, G, 6-2, 30; Danny Fortson, C-F, 6-8, 28; Antoine Walker, F, 6-9, 27.

DENVER: Jeff Trepagnier*, G, 6-4, 24.

GOLDEN STATE: J.R. Bremer*, G, 6-2, 23; Evan Eschmeyer, C, 6-11, 29; Popeye Jones, F, 6-8, 33.

HOUSTON: Adrian Griffin, G-F, 6-5, 29; Eric Piatkowski, G-F, 6-7, 33; Maurice Taylor, F, 6-9, 27.

INDIANA: Jamison Brewer*, G, 6-4 23; Primoz Brezec, C, 7-1, 24; Austin Croshere, F, 6-9, 28; Anthony Johnson, G, 6-3, 29; James Jones, F, 6-8, 23; Scot Pollard F-C, 6-11, 29.

L.A. CLIPPERS: Matt Barnes*, F, 6-7, 24; Keyon Dooling* G, 6-3, 24; Predrag Drobnjak, C, 6-11, 28; Eddie House, G, 6-1, 26; Josh Moore*, C, 7-2, 23.

MEMPHIS: Troy Bell, G, 6-1, 23; Ryan Humphrey, F, 6-8, 24; Dahntay Jones, G-F, 6-6, 23; Bo Outlaw, F, 6-8, 23; Theron Smith, F, 6-8, 23; Jake Tsakalidis*, C, 7-2, 25; Lorenzen Wright, C, 6-11, 28.

MIAMI: Brian Grant, C-F, 6-9, 32; Eddie Jones, G, 6-6, 32; Loren Woods* C, 7-2, 25.

MINNESOTA: Ervin Johnson, C, 6-11, 36.

MILWAUKEE: Brian Skinner, C-F, 6-9, 28; Erick Strickland G, 6-3, 30.

NEW JERSEY: Kerry Kittles, G, 6-5, 30; Alonzo Mourning, C, 6-10, 34; Rodney Rogers, F, 6-7, 32; Tamar Slay*, G, 6-9, 24.

NEW ORLEANS: Courtney Alexander*, G, 6-6, 27, Maurice Carter*, G, 6-5, 27.

NEW YORK: Shandon Anderson, G-F, 6-6, 30; Penny Hardaway, G-F, 6-7, 32; Allan Houston, G, 6-6, 33; Moochie Norris, G, 6-2, 30; Cezary Trybanski C, 7-2, 24.

ORLANDO: Reece Gaines, G, 6-4, 25, Britton Johnsen*, F, 6-10, 24; Zaza Pachulia, C, 6-11, 20; DeShawn Stevenson*, G, 6-5, 25.

PHILADELPHIA: Greg Buckner, F-G, 6-4, 27; Marc Jackson, F-C, 6-10, 29; Todd MacCulloch, C, 7-0, 28; Aaron McKie, G, 6-5, 28; Derrick Coleman, F-C, 6-10, 36.

PHOENIX: Howard Eisley, G, 6-2, 31; Jahidi White, C-F, 6-9, 28.

PORTLAND: Omar Cook, G, 6-1, 22; Dan Dickau, G, 6-0, 25; Desmond Ferguson*, F, 6-7, 26; Eddie Gill, G, 6-0, 25; Ruben Patterson, F-G, 6-5, 28; Vladimir Stepania, C, 7-1, 28; Qyntel Woods, F, 6-8, 23.

SACRAMENTO: Gerald Wallace, F, 6-7, 21.

SAN ANTONIO: Matt Carroll, G, 6-6, 23; Malik Rose, F, 6-7, 29; Charlie Ward, G, 6-2, 33.

SEATTLE: Calvin Booth, C, 6-11, 28; Jerome James, C, 7-1, 28; Richie Frahm*, G, 6-5, 26; Vitaly Potapenko C-F, 6-10, 29.

UTAH: Curtis Borchardt, C, 7-0, 23; Aleksandar Pavlovic, F, 6-7, 20.

WASHINGTON: Lonny Baxter*, F, 6-8, 25; Juan Dixon, G, 6-3, 25; Christian Laettner, F-C, 6-11, 34; Jerry Stackhouse, G-F, 6-6, 29.

Stressboy's things to think about:

With Utah and Atlanta sitting with 30 mil in cap space each, it is quite possible that one of them or both will be the dumping ground for 1 year deals such as Jerome James, Jahiadi White, Laettner, Kittles, or evan Walker. It is quite possible that there will be a lot big contracts picked if these teams work in tandem with Charolette. One hint that this might already be happening is the unprotected list by Utah, they only had to unprotect 1 player and Pavlovic is not someone to give up on right away so he might be going to the bobcats to make some high dollar vetrans go to Utah. Players like Lorenzen Wright and Kerry Kittles, could end up in Utah for Pavlovic and one of their 3 picks. All that being said, it is also quite possible that they won't worry about any of that and just pick the best team for themselves.

So let the mocks begin.

Stressboy

Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Mock Expansion Draft Game

We did this last year with the NBA draft....it was a lot of fun.

This space reserved for Doc's picks.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:14 AM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Gerald Wallace
Juan Dixon
Deshawn Stevenson
Lorenzen Wright
Jason Kapono
Qyntel Woods
Eddie House
Marc Jackson
Loren Wood
Richie Frahm
Jumaine Jones
Brian Skinner
Moochie Norris
Courtney Alexander

Draft Pick/Norris
Stevenson/Dixon
Wallace/Jones/Kapono
Skinner/Woods
Wright/Jackson/Wood

IR: Alexander/Frahm/House
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:24 AM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Mock Expansion Draft Game

The ape's entry

Jamal Sampson
Zaza Pauchulia
Primoz Brezec
Jahihi White
Jason Kapono
Erick Piatkowski
Alexandr Pavlovic
Qyntel Woods
Kerry Kittles
Gerald Wallace
Richie Frahm
Jeff Trapagnier
Charlie Ward
Troy Bell

Draft Pick - Ekema Okafor

C - Ekema Okafor, Zaza Pauchulia, Primoz Brezec
PF - Jahihi White, Jason Kapono, Jamal Sampson
SF - Erick Piatkowski, Alexandr Pavlovic, Qyntel Woods
SG - Kerry Kittles, Gerald Wallace, Richie Frahm, Jeff Trapagnier
PG - Charlie Ward, Troy Bell
... to be updated
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:37 AM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea, Stressboy.

This space reserved for KG's picks.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Brandon Hunter PF
Ronald Dupree SF
Jason Kapono SF
Eric Pike SG
Primoz Brezec C
Keyon Dooling PG
Troy Bell PG
Erick Strickland
Tamar Slay
Zaur Pachulia
Quyntel Woods
Gerald Wallace
Malik Rose
Curtis Borchardt
Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 PM   #7
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Brandon Hunter
Jason Kapono
Troy Bell
Brian Skinner
Deshawn Stevenson
Marc Jackson
Qyntel Woods
Gerald Wallace
Malik Rose
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Lonny Baxter
Jahidi White
Kerry Kittles
Eric Piatkowski

Pick : Dwight Howard

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Jumaine Jones
Pedrag Drobnjak
Dahntay Jones
Brian Skinner
Kerry Kittles
vladimir Stepania
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Penny Hardaway
Brian Skinner
Qyntel Woods
Deshawn Stevenson
Greg Buckner
Old 06-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Walker
Wright
Atkins
Qyntel Woods
Dixon
Ward
Ollie
Stevenson
Pavlovic
Woods
Wallace
Skinner
Jumaine Jones
Bell
Dhantay Jones
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:26 PM   #10
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

I just checked in, remeber the rules only 1 person can be picked off of each team, they can pick a total of 29 but must pick at least 14.

u2sarajevo, you have two guys off of the same team, Stepania and Q. Woods, you might want to edit that.

JayC, I think you have two guys picked off of Memphis.

Stressboy
Old 06-15-2004, 04:30 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremiah
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
We did this last year....it was a lot of fun.

This space reserved for Doc's picks.
There was an expansion draft last year? he he ha ha

This space reserved for my picks...
The NBA draft. sheesh. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img] There...I updated it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:50 PM   #12
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Marcus Fizer PF
Jason Kapono FS
Antoine Walker PF
Eric Piatkowski SF
Allan Houston G
Kerry Kittles G
Reece Gaines G
Jahidi White PF
Ruben Patterson SF
Dan Dickau G
Vladimir Stepania C
Christian Laettner C

Draft Pick- Traded

C- Laetner/White/Stepania
PF- Walker/Fizer
SF-/Patterson/Kapono/Piatkowski
SG-Houston/Kittles
PG-Gaines/Dickau
Old 06-15-2004, 06:28 PM   #13
harsh euro barge

harsh euro barge will become famous soon enoughharsh euro barge will become famous soon enough

Walker
Wallace
Pavlovic
Bell
Stephania
Zaza
Hunter
Trepagnier
Skinner
A. Johnson
Kapono
Slay
Dixon
Kittles

Draft Pick: Livingston
harsh euro barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:53 AM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Tamar Slay
Desmond Ferguson
Courtney Alexander
Jahidi White
Lonny Baxter
Matt Carroll
Ronald Dupree
Jason Kapono
James Jones
Predrag Drobnjak
Brandon Hunter
Richie Frahm
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Jake Tsakalidis
Loren Woods

Dwight Howard
Old 06-17-2004, 12:56 AM   #15
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Don't they have a #3 draft pick? That should factor into the game somewhere.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #16
Stressboy

Mavsman55 that is a great idea.

OK everyone in the event of a tiebreaker, the person getting the bobcats 1st regular draft pick correct will be the winner. This does not mean the #4, but whoever their first pick is no matter of draft order. If this still ends in a tie, then I will flip a coin. Make sure you update your post with your tie breaker pick.

To clarify: If they draft Livingston and trade him to Orlando for Okafur, Livingston is the first pick of the franchise.

Stressboy
Old 06-17-2004, 06:27 PM   #17
Stressboy

Jumaine Jones SF
Marcus Fizer PF
Ruben B Boumtje C
Jeff Trepagnier SG
J.R. Bremer SG/PG
Lorenzen Wright C - Will be Traded for Pick to Utah or through Atlanta to a third team
Loren Woods C
Brian Skinner PF
Tamar Slay SF
Qyntel Woods SF
Juan Dixon SG/PG
Gerald Wallace SG/SF
Antoine Walker PF - Gets moved to Utah with Wright for 2 of their 3 picks
DeShawn StevensonSG
Keyon Dooling PG
Courtney Alexander SG

First pick for Franchise = Gordon if officially they have the #4 Howard if they Officially have the #2. Sorry to hedge the bet, but since I don't know the rules on if the trade becomes final now or at the time of the draft. If at time of draft then Gordon, because someone will move up to 3 to get Livingston. If it is final before the draft then they will get Howard at #2.

Crazy things have allready started. Let's hope that Dirk and Shaq are both Mavericks after all is said and done.

I'm just going to be really disappointed if none of this crazy stuff goes down.

Stressboy
Old 06-19-2004, 06:09 PM   #18
Stressboy

Given the crazy nature of things, I suggest you all revist on Monday afternoon. All posts and edits need to be submitted by Midnight Monday.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:44 PM   #19
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

HOOPSHYPE

heres a link to the official list, and salaries. It might help everyone out.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:32 PM   #20
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Jahidi White
Lorenzen Wright
Jumaine Jones
Alexandr Pavlovic
C. Trybanski
Jamal Sampson
Brian Skinner
Adrian Griffin
Gerald Wallace
Q. Woods
Jason Kapono
Charlie Ward
Drobjnak
Jamison Brewer

Lineup
C : Wright / Trybanski / Drobjnak
PF : okafor / Skinner / Sampson / White
SF: J.Jones / Wallace / Griffin
SG : Woods / Kapono/ Pavlovic
PG: Ward / Brewer
Old 06-21-2004, 01:21 PM   #21
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

C- J James, Borchardt, Pollard
PF- Fizer, Kapono
SF- J Jones, G Wallace, Q Woods
SG- R Gaines, J Dixon, Griffin
PG- T Bell, Dooling, Delk

Draft Pick - Howard
Old 06-22-2004, 12:05 AM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Stressboy
Given the crazy nature of things, I suggest you all revist on Monday afternoon. All posts and edits need to be submitted by Midnight Monday.
It's 12:05 PM, Monday... Should this thread be locked?