albasuna is on a distinguished road
Default The GS/DAL trade rumours..

right now the best trade for Dallas is to send

Antoine Walker ..2yr/$28,125,000 contract
Tariq Abdul-Wahad .. 4yr/28,125,000 contract

IN EXCHANGE (Golden State)

Nick Van Exel ..3yr/$35,465,375 contract with Team/Player opt-out
Erick Dampier ..3yr/$24,676,500 contract with Player opt-out

the bad thing about this is Antoine he isnt really expendable and he seems to be enjoying \dallas it would be sad to see him leave... tariq was just thrown in there for some cap room... we would also be taken a risk on van exel we really dont know if he really is injured or hes faking it..... in my opinion this trade is pretty good... but it will also be hard to give all dallas' players some time.

BUT lately ive heard that no way GS would accept the contract of Tariq and that van exel cant be trade back to dallas intill one year has passed.
albasuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all
Default RE: The GS/DAL trade rumours..

See also: Trade Board.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:The GS/DAL trade rumours..

Same reply as seelenjaeger

Also could not understand why GS would take up Tariq's contract. You can throw in whatever you want to make the trade work but GS is in the process of shaving off their salaries to make cap room.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt know that Golden State had given up on winning more than 30 games this season. If they trade those two away then that is all they could hope for.

Dampier is the only center they have while Foyle is out for the season (unless you think Eschmeyer will contibute).
Other than NVE, speedy is the only PG they have.

I'm not saying this won't happen- I dont have the inside information, but I will say that this is the worst trade idea that Golden State could make. They are a borderline good team that just needs to get healthy to make a run at being .500. Trading for TAW wouldn't hurt their trade flexibility and Walker wouldn't do much for them with Robinson playing and Murphy on his way back.

Dampier was nearly untouchable this summer when we made the Jamison trade, why would they be offering him up now?

Do you have any evidence for this trade even being discussed?

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #5
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I didnt know that Golden State had given up on winning more than 30 games this season. If they trade those two away then that is all they could hope for.

Dampier is the only center they have while Foyle is out for the season (unless you think Eschmeyer will contibute).
Other than NVE, speedy is the only PG they have.

I'm not saying this won't happen- I dont have the inside information, but I will say that this is the worst trade idea that Golden State could make. They are a borderline good team that just needs to get healthy to make a run at being .500. Trading for TAW wouldn't hurt their trade flexibility and Walker wouldn't do much for them with Robinson playing and Murphy on his way back.

Dampier was nearly untouchable this summer when we made the Jamison trade, why would they be offering him up now?

Do you have any evidence for this trade even being discussed?
just curious..why are you saying that foyle is out for the season? he has been playing in the last 8-10 games
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:28 PM   #6
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

enough with all the NVE talk. Dallas cannot reaquire him this year, due to trade restrictions. It's been written in the Dallas Morning News, and FWstar telegram. So please no more NVE talk.

DMN
Old 02-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just curious..why are you saying that foyle is out for the season? he has been playing in the last 8-10 games
My bad- I've lost track of the Warriors for about a month. The last I heard about Foyle was in the offseason when he was supposed to be out for the whole season while he grew back tissue for a surgery. I guess that has changed.

The trade is still moronic. Dampier should be an allstar
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Why would Golden State trade for Walker? They let go of Jamison, a person who played the same position and put up better numbers, because they wanted Dunleavy to reach his full potential.

See Rylan's signature on this thread.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 01:53 AM   #9
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Why would Golden State trade for Walker? They let go of Jamison, a person who played the same position and put up better numbers, because they wanted Dunleavy to reach his full potential.

See Rylan's signature on this thread.
what's disappointing about the whole thing is that dunleavy is still not getting enough touches..this guy has a solid shooting stroke but there are too many players on that team that need to shoot

cliff robinson, jason richardson and van exel all want around 15-20 shots..and when troy murphy is around he eats up another 10 shots..end result is that dunleavy gets to shoot maybe 6 to 9 times a game

he should be their go to guy with richardson as the second option

golden state really has all the pieces to make a run for the playoffs at least(big centers - foyle, dampier , very good small forward - dunleavy, good shooting guard - richardson, clutch player - van exel, guy to do the dirty work - cardinal and an up and coming PF - murphy) but they're not utilizing their players properly
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 08:48 AM   #10
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

"My bad"????

Is this even English??
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:15 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh boy....Craptain is back with another "contribution".

Just211- thanks for the article! May we PLEASE stop the NVE talk now?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote