Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-19-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default the 1st invitational dallas-mavs bball challenge...

who wants to get together for some pickup games this summer?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2003, 02:57 PM   #2
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Depends, when and where?
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: the 1st invitational dallas-mavs bball challenge...

If I can use a trampoline to dunk on Rhylan I am in. Cause this white boy has a 1-2" vertical. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:01 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i guess we can figure it out the more people that want to play. right now, im trying to gauge interest.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:05 PM   #5
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I've got some interest...
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:07 PM   #6
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I am in, give me a date and time. Btw, there should be a 5 dollar entry fee into it and all proceeds go to DJ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 06-19-2003, 03:13 PM   #7
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i might come depending on when/where
Old 06-19-2003, 03:22 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i'll watch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2003, 03:23 PM   #9
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

you will not sit smile, you will be on my team and your job is to trip anybody that goes to the hoop. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2003, 03:34 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I think volleyball would be a better idea. Only because I am the most prolific non-scorer in pick up Basketball history. My wife kicks my butt every time we play, which is not very often. I suck at Volleyball to, but much less than I do at Basketball.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:36 PM   #11
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

sand volleyball rules......Theres a place on beltline just west of 35E where you can drink and play volleyball. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2003, 03:43 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is alot of fun. There are alot of those places like you describe. I've not been to the one on beltline but I have been to the White Rock Yacht Club. That was alot of fun.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:47 PM   #13
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

actually, volleyball is a lot of fun. easier, too.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:49 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be interested....but it is a good drive up there.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:57 PM   #15
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

who has a membership to 24 hour fitness?

or anybody know of a good place we can play indoors? im not really wanting to play outdoors and risk one of us getting heat stroke.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:13 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

definitely interested.
indoors/outdoors..wherever
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 04:23 PM   #17
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

damn,maybe the turnament should move to tel aviv?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
i got one hell of a cross,and im a threat from 3 point range,would love to check all of you out.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 04:27 PM   #18
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

I don't swing that way NP, a guy should never be checking me out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2003, 04:35 PM   #19
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Send ("invitational") the flying round tickets to

novice14
veruca
seelen
fidel
the crazy iraqi
and chiwas

The International Dream Team !!!!

P.S. Could MFF, Kikiriski and senorfrog be considered "international"?

Old 06-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #20
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

um, Chiwas, who's the crazy iraqi??

and i could certainly trip some people up for ya UmmmOK. but the last time i was in a pick up game, i was nearly battered - probably for trying to trip someone... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2003, 04:45 PM   #21
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

i'm down.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 05:12 PM   #22
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

If it's on a Saturday I can make it. Of course, I'd be better off as a spectator.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 05:20 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll play Aexchange. I don't have a 24 hour fitness membership though...
Old 06-19-2003, 05:42 PM   #24
Smiles
Diamond Member

oh yeah, i haven't had a membership w/24 Hour in a year. but there's a court at my current club - outdoor, on the roof. if ya'll decided it was worth the drive, i might be able to get permission to bring a few guests. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2003, 06:10 PM   #25
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I might be able to make it up from College Station...sounds fun.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:19 PM   #26
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas

novice14
veruca
seelen
fidel
the crazy iraqi
and chiwas

me too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:27 PM   #27
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Quote:

novice14
veruca
seelen
fidel
the crazy iraqi
and chiwas

certainly! it would never do for us to play favorites. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2003, 07:16 PM   #28
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Quote:

novice14
veruca
seelen
fidel
the crazy iraqi
and chiwas

Oops, forgot to mention our coach! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2003, 09:27 PM   #29
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

novice14
veruca
seelen
fidel
the crazy iraqi
and chiwas

Ha I guess Chad Ford would be there too, to check out all of these great international prospects.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:53 PM   #30
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I don't swing that way NP, a guy should never be checking me out.
hehe,didnt realized how it sounds,hehe.
but its sure is annoying,i got some skills on the court,iight,like mad skills iight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:53 PM   #31
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

I'm in.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:17 AM   #32
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

I'm getting slow and fat, but would love to be part of it!!
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:11 AM   #33
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like fun.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:08 AM   #34
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I'll play...but only if Sock is on my team. He'll KILL everyone. Watch out !
Old 06-20-2003, 11:15 AM   #35
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

how can he beat me when hes on the floor limpin, Smiles will be tripping him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2003, 11:18 AM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

My club has a great b-ball court and it is indoors. I am sure I can talk them into letting us all in to play, but it would probably have to be during off peak hours. And I will make a fool of myself since I can't play, but I do have heart so I'll give it my all.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:00 PM   #37
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
um, Chiwas, who's the crazy iraqi??
Iraqi, Iranian, Israeli, aren't they kind of the same?

The little prophet, you know...

Old 06-20-2003, 04:12 PM   #38
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Im in, NP I might be tempted to steal your cross a few times.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:39 PM   #39
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

does anyone know of a good indoor gym that we can access on a weekend?
Old 06-22-2003, 11:40 PM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
does anyone know of a good indoor gym that we can access on a weekend?
My club has a great b-ball court and it is indoors. I am sure I can talk them into letting us all in to play, but it would probably have to be during off peak hours. And I will make a fool of myself since I can't play, but I do have heart so I'll give it my all.