Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flipper has ADD

So THIS explains the flip-flopping like a fish.

Quote:
RECORD TIME [Michael Graham]
K-Lo, on my radio show this morning, we played audio from August 1 of John Kerry suggesting re-deployment of troops currently in South Korea. That means he's changed positions since the convention.

This isn't flip-flopping, it's intellectual ADHD.
Posted at 02:01 PM
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2004, 04:50 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Flipper has ADD

CHENEY ON KERRY TROOP WAFFLE [KJL]
JACKSON HOLE, WY – Vice President Cheney today issued the following statement:

"Just over two weeks ago, Senator Kerry talked about the merits of troop realignment in Europe and Asia. 'There are great possibilities open to us,' he said. Yesterday he said it was a bad idea. The one consistency we have seen from Senator Kerry is that he is willing to take any position on any issue if he thinks it will benefit him politically. As we saw yesterday, these political calculations even include his positions on our national security."

Posted at 12:02 PM
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

Default RE: Flipper has ADD

BLOWIN’ IN THE WIND [KJL]
Don’t be shocked, but John Kerry has taken both sides of an issue: this time it is troop deployment. YESTERDAY, TO THE VFW:

Finally, I want to say something about the plan that the President announced on Monday to withdraw 70,000 troops from Asia and Europe. Nobody wants to bring troops home more than those of us who have fought in foreign wars. But it needs to be done at the right time and in a sensible way. This is not that time or that way.

BUT here's what he said at AN APRIL 14 PRESS CONFERENCE:

"The overall effort of a president right now ought to be really to try to find ways to reduce the overexposure, in a sense, of America's commitments," Kerry said then. "A proper approach to the Korean peninsula, for instance, should include the deployment of troops, the unresolved issues of the 1950s and ultimately, hopefully, could result in the reduction of American presence, ultimately."

What was that he was saying to GQ? “But I don’t have to [pick one]. And that’s the glory of life. I play them both. I do! I play them both." We believe you, Senator, we really do!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Flipper has ADD

If Kerry was consistent on his position on a issue then he would be inconsistent.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:58 PM   #5
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
BLOWIN’ IN THE WIND [KJL]
Don’t be shocked, but John Kerry has taken both sides of an issue: this time it is troop deployment. YESTERDAY, TO THE VFW:

Finally, I want to say something about the plan that the President announced on Monday to withdraw 70,000 troops from Asia and Europe. Nobody wants to bring troops home more than those of us who have fought in foreign wars. But it needs to be done at the right time and in a sensible way. This is not that time or that way.

BUT here's what he said at AN APRIL 14 PRESS CONFERENCE:

"The overall effort of a president right now ought to be really to try to find ways to reduce the overexposure, in a sense, of America's commitments," Kerry said then. "A proper approach to the Korean peninsula, for instance, should include the deployment of troops, the unresolved issues of the 1950s and ultimately, hopefully, could result in the reduction of American presence, ultimately."

What was that he was saying to GQ? “But I don’t have to [pick one]. And that’s the glory of life. I play them both. I do! I play them both." We believe you, Senator, we really do!
There is no contradiction in these two statements.

At the VFW he criticizes the Bush plan to redeploy the US troops currently in S. Korea as it is being dome at once unilaterally, in his view it should be done "at the right time" (not right away) and "in a sensible way".

At the press conference he discusses how he sees 'a sensible way": a redeployment could take place when done in conjunction with resolving the State of War that still exists (a peace was never agreed to just a ceasation of hostilities) with an "ultimate" reduction of troops ("the right time").

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:08 PM   #6
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Sensitive is the word we have to keep in mind here.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote