Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM   #1001
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Kai 14pts in 35 min
Hardy 11pts in 3min
Those numbers don't justify what Kyrie did for the team tonight

His relentless defense and effort overall was fantastic

Diving for loose balls and coming up with straps and deflections
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #1002
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I think we all can agree Luka in the paint equals a more effective and efficient Luka

DJJ is a underrated pickup

Playing big is the mavs best option
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #1003
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Lively 25 minutes

Gafford 19 minutes

Hmmm look at that
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #1004
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Those numbers don't justify what Kyrie did for the team tonight

His relentless defense and effort overall was fantastic

Diving for loose balls and coming up with straps and deflections
I think you misunderstood what I was saying,

Kyrie was amazing

That was just a wild stat
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #1005
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think we all can agree Luka in the paint equals a more effective and efficient Luka

DJJ is a underrated pickup

Playing big is the mavs best option
hihi You are correct. All negative r_t_a_d Nancy boys agree with that.

Others around here know that STEP BACK 3 POINTER is Luka's signature move.
LukaMagic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #1006
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:

Kyrie was amazing

hihihi Good luck with those misunderstandings. Can't point an interesting stat out. Is that it? lol
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #1007
LukaMagic

Quote:

Kyrie was amazing

ps Recalibration complete. New program installed. New horizons open.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #1008
LukaMagic

https://youtu.be/mZVQmJVXDkk

A m e r i c a n . . m u s i c . .

W o m a n . .

G o o d . . l y r i c s . .

A d d r e s s i n g . . m a l e . . c h a u v i n i s m . .

WOMEN = HUMANITY AND SMARTS.

R e s p e c t . .
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #1009
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

interesting to see Maxi on the floor with Lively... that gave the mavs more size to defend the Zubac pick and roll. Having him guard Westbrook also a nice move... perfect person to sag off of to crowd the paint to offer help.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM   #1010
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta give the coaching staff credit for the adjustment. Maxi and Lively together made a difference.

Hopefully Luka knee heals up more.

Good gawd get the ball out of PJ and DJJs hands. They cant bring the ball up the floor in the playoffs.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #1011
LukaMagic

Kyrie Irving with 6 assists. That's a great stat for him and for the team. Mavs rarely lose when he makes 6+ assists.

I particularly liked this play by him: https://youtu.be/YTz19IS94BQ?t=15

Switch and run by PJ and Kyrie finds him. Such plays could be more exploited. With Harden on PJ. Make a switch to get Harden on PJ, and then for Harden to defend PJ in the paint. PJ has great size on Harden, can dunk, and has a great floater, semi-hook shot too.

Later on, Kyrie was FORCING his offence a bit. He wasn't on. He was taking bad shots. Trying to get himself going. That is tricky for every player. To let the game come to him, but TO ALSO BE ASSERTIVE AND PROACTIVE. Kyrie has that balance in the fourth quarter when things matter. And he struggles with that at the early stages of games. And he's been playing like that for a while. Most games during the season Kyrie would not exert himself much in the first two quarters. He would stroll along. Seeking neither to score nor to assist. And that is now hard to change for him.

Those things he must work on in every game of the season so that he would end up struggling less with that in the playoffs. And instead of working on that during the regular season, Kyrie had the opposite approach. He liked that about himself. He liked the fact that he gets TURNED ON in the fourth quarter. But that is not good. He should apply himself vigorously at all times. And he should work on that. A series can be lost because of two games with bad team starts. And Kyrie is a major player.

Last edited by LukaMagic; Today at 12:28 AM.
Old Today, 12:33 AM   #1012
LukaMagic

Dante Exum with 4 assists too. And zero turnovers. That's very, very good. He played little. But he played well. Matchups appear not to be working for him in this series. That seems to be what the Mavs backroom is thinking. I don't know the reason why they think that. Even though I am an AI, I don't know everything.

PJ is not a natural shooter. When PJ was a kid he was not a shooter. When PJ was a kid he was a sort of player that hung around in the paint. And he was good in the paint because of his huge arm span. He has that little semi-hook shot that he uses. This game he was 1/7 in shooting. And he missed 4 threes. And he also missed both free throws that he had.

The problem with his game is that in the Mavs offensive set-up he often has to get himself going by SHOOTING THREES which is not where his natural comfort is. He developed his shooting later on as a player. You can see that from his jump shot. He worked on it a whole lot, but it is not something that he naturally developed as a kid and had a great comfort with.

Last edited by LukaMagic; Today at 12:39 AM.