Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #1241
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

I don't think Asik is even on the radar. hou seems to be going after jsmoov and I'm sure Asik is a key piece in that
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #1242
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownKidd View Post
I don't think Asik is even on the radar. hou seems to be going after jsmoov and I'm sure Asik is a key piece in that
Then what about Horford?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #1243
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Then what about Horford?
Down for Horford and actually I could see them giving him up since it looks like stars are headed elsewhere. Problem is, if I was ATL, I would want to stock up some young talent and not Marion or VC. At this point unfortunately our daft pick is looking pretty appealing.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #1244
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
@mcuban: I actually think its better that we didn't get D12. We'll try for Lebron next year, but if we don't get it, it was probably for the best.
I'm with you...until leBron. Wtf? Dude ain't leaving and there is a limited window of borderline bad with hope until people just start thinking of Dallas as a loser team-- perhaps they already have but another year of one-year contracts will cement that.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #1245
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'm with you...until leBron. Wtf? Dude ain't leaving and there is a limited window of borderline bad with hope until people just start thinking of Dallas as a loser team-- perhaps they already have but another year of one-year contracts will cement that.
It was a joke. I was mocking Cuban.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #1246
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Is HOU able to sign him outright or will they have to move more pieces?
I think they're about $2M short. Not sure if they can clear that by renouncing more guys or if they have to make one more deal. Most think Asik is on his way out.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #1247
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Dirk and Marion have been getting slapped in the face for 2 years now.
Now we know why marion didnt restructure. Get me the heck outta here.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-05-2013 at 06:03 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #1248
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 5m
Omer Asik doesn't want to play with Dwight Howard; Hawks will listen on sign-and-trade with Josh Smith: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...rd-source-says
Old 07-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #1249
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Moving them for who? We could have only created more capspace with them, they are not assets at this point in their careers, come on. Cuban can't pull rabbits out of hats, he had nothing to work with in the last few years. Even on our championship roster, we didn't have a single asset. I don't blame Cuban at all, that was the only way, creating capspace, and trying to convince players. Didn't work out, it's nobody's fault.
Disagree... First gutting the championship team was the stupidest fo move of my life.

But once that dumb decision was made, you start moving those guys for pieces. Hopefully younger pieces and draft picks. Even two-four year out draft picks. Which you could then again move for other players or picks. Letting them walk for nothing is stupid.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-05-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #1250
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Look in to trade for Gortat? He was unhappy with the Suns not starting him last season.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #1251
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofthefaith View Post
Look in to trade for Gortat? He was unhappy with the Suns not starting him last season.
Most I think of that idea is Marion for Gortat. Which leaves the opening to sign Josh Smith.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1252
Cerberus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Most I think of that idea is Marion for Gortat. Which leaves the opening to sign Josh Smith.
Don't think Josh Smith will come to Dallas. Current rumor is the Lin/Asik for Josh Smith in a sign and trade.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1253
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather trade for Asik than Gortat.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1254
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Don't think Josh Smith will come to Dallas. Current rumor is the Lin/Asik for Josh Smith in a sign and trade.
Hah like Atlanta would give him up that easy.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #1255
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Hah like Atlanta would give him up that easy.
He's an unrestricted free agent. They don't have a choice, but that Lin contract is ridiculous. Last year is killer.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #1256
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Its risky but id go after Bynum and Ellis if their is cap room.
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #1257
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
They're pretty similar when all is said and done. I actually still like Gortat a lot.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #1258
Cerberus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Asik's got a bad contract. He owe's 5.2 mil next season and 14.8 in 2014/15.

Gortat 1 year left in his contract about 7 mil. If we trade for him, pretty sure he just wants to be a starter to convinced to resign.

Last edited by Cerberus; 07-05-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #1259
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Well apparently teams are still willing to spend, so who cares?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #1260
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Found myself listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pKcv0Fml-A

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #1261
Cerberus

Quote:
Well apparently teams are still willing to spend, so who cares?
True, but you would still have to spend it on the right player. I would just prefer Gortat rather than Asik.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #1262
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Asik's got a bad contract. He owe's 5.2 mil next season and 14.8 in 2014/15.

Gortat 1 year left in his contract about 7 mil. If we trade for him, pretty sure he just wants to be a starter to convinced to resign.

For one thing, there's really no such thing as a bad two-year contract, especially for a starting player. And the cap hit for both seasons is $8M. And he's better than Gortat.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #1263
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Admit it to who? Bc he would be an absolute fool to admit failure to his fanbase.

Those of us represented here are the tiny minority who seek to informed...the vast majority of Mavs "fans" really just want to drink their beer, high five their bro, and cheer for Dirk and the home team.

About the most I expect to hear from Cubes and Donnie would be something like, "We went in to this knowing it was ALWAYS a crapshoot...and the dice just didn't roll our way." Or some such.
To himself would be good enough for me.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #1264
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Dwight is waffling between LA and HOU. Lol.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #1265
jasonic

jasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to all

Dwight having second thoughts he 's 50-50 about staying in LA or signing with Rockets.
It's official, this guy is an idiot.

Last edited by jasonic; 07-05-2013 at 09:04 PM.
jasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #1266
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

Quote:
Dwight is waffling between LA and HOU. Lol.

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
That should be Dwight's jersey number WHEREVER he ends up signing: 50/50
LOL
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #1267
backb0ard

backb0ard is on a distinguished road

Dwight is essentially giving the Mavs a headstart in free agent negotiations. lol
backb0ard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #1268
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

At least we were cut out of this thing early. Houston's brain trust must be going insane right now.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #1269
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Just go back to LA Dwight, so i can taste the salty Houston tears.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #1270
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

I'm probably one of the few who wants Dallas to go after Bynum, not into Gortat or Asik to be honest.

But if Bynum wants a max forget it, if his contract is somewhat reasonable i hope Cuban takes a chance.

But there has to be some sort of clause in there since he won't work out for teams.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #1271
He15man

Is JJB available, wouldn't mind him back in Dallas if he was cheap.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #1272
He15man

But if Bynum's knees are as bad as people say, forget it

Last edited by He15man; 07-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #1273
Cerberus

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/13070...chak_statement

Statement from Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak

July 05, 2013 7:25 pm PDT
The following statement has been issued by Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

"We have been informed of Dwight's decision to not return to the Lakers. Naturally we're disappointed. However, we will now move forward in a different direction with the future of the franchise and, as always, will do our best to build the best team possible, one our great lakers fans will be proud to support. To Dwight, we thank him for his time and consideration, and for his efforts with us last season. We wish him the best of luck on the remainder of his NBA career."
Old 07-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #1274
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Can't wait until he gets McHale fired.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #1275
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Unjoined Dwight after two days on twitter...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #1276
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Unjoined Dwight after two days on twitter...
Lol, me too.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #1277
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

So did Kobe:
Kobe also unfollowed Howard on Twitter. Power move. CBSSports.com
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #1278
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
So did Kobe:
Kobe also unfollowed Howard on Twitter. Power move. CBSSports.com
Really? That is hilarious.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #1279
yahyes
Banned

Felt good un-following him too.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #1280
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Really? That is hilarious.
pau did too