Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #1521
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
No doubt, Smith knew all along in his mind, he was matching Gortat....he also wanted Bass all along....the assumption throughout the media was that Orlando won't pay the tax and that was a wide spread assumption. Once Bass signed he matched Gortat. I probably thought he would give Bass a deadline to take the deal and given it was 4 million per, it beat anything he got on the market. I doubt they had a handshake deal....more of ideology that Orlando is not a lux tax payer, which is driven by the media and history, Smith went against both. We got smoked either way.....it just opens your eyes to how much of an ass Smith is.....he played his cards well and basically thanks for doing business Mark!!
That will come back to Otis in future years and trades and bite him back in the ass.

Maybe when he need to find a way to dump Lewis with his 20+ salary or an unmotivated Gortat.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #1522
yungant
Banned

yungant can only hope to improve

This is all the cry baby Mav fans....

ROTFLMAO!!!
yungant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #1523
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Another troll who once more proves Orlando fans lack class.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #1524
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungant View Post
This is all the cry baby Mav fans....

ROTFLMAO!!!
Actually we are fine, our team is fine and our FO does shit in off season without being shady, we actually upgrade our talent, not ride off 1 fluke year that happened because of a horrific east and an injured team in Boston.

Orlando fans in 5 years
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #1525
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

We still get Disney trolls over Marcin Flippin' Gortat?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #1526
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
We still get Disney trolls over Marcin Flippin' Gortat?
They are all so proud that they have a fool for a GM. I mean wouldn't you be proud if Donnie paid that much for a back up center coming off the bench? End sarcasm directed at Orlando.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #1527
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

they're all meth-heads...what else do they have to do 24 hours a day?
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #1528
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Wow, thats quite a life you got going
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Pretty f-in sad that you had to edit your still pathetic post. Your original post was "Wow, this is quite a thread"....wow, glad a fan of another team has no life but to browse other teams boards.....just to give such fantastic insight.
Wow that guy never had the balls to say something back to that hahaha

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 07-15-2009 at 08:40 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #1529
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Wow that guy never had the balls to say something back to that hahaha
You expected an Orlando fan to have balls?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #1530
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

It was actually a Spurs fan, but no.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #1531
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

We all know Spurs fans lack balls heck they do not even have vagina's.

Last edited by Mavsfan4ever; 07-15-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #1532
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post

then they are just absolutely useless then arent they. :/
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #1533
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Otis has man-crush on Gortat!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #1534
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are all so proud that they have a fool for a GM. I mean wouldn't you be proud if Donnie paid that much for a back up center coming off the bench? End sarcasm directed at Orlando.
DeSagana Diop...?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #1535
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
DeSagana Diop...?
I was trying to forget that.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #1536
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about

Seems like Donnie should have been able to persuede Bass and his agent to wait until our window to sign Gortat ended.

If Orlando matched and resigned Gortat (which was thought to be less unlikely), then Bass could resign at market value for us (a team he admittedly had a soft spot for) or one of his other reported suitors. If we ultimately sign Gortat (which was thought to be more likely), then Orlando has an even greater need for Bass, can spend more freely and has more playing time for him.
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #1537
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #1538
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Funny little story that happened the other day:

I went to the local vet to pick up some medicine for my cat. I got in line behind a woman that glanced back one time and then just went about her business. Then a rather large fellow came in with a cute dog that was checking me out so I reached down to pet him.. the owner immediately walked away with the dog. Again, I thought nothing of it.

I got up to the front, got the medicine, and went out to the car where my girl was waiting. The first thing she said when I got into the car was "Did you see the huge Spurs tattoo on that guy's leg?!"

It all made sense..

The hat I was wearing?

*mine is in blue, but same hat

I thought that I would just contribute to the offtopic mess that has become this thread. Gortat is gone, Otis pulled a fast one and pulled out with 2 good players. It's over, time to move on (as our FO has).
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #1539
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

interesting gortat article!!
possibility of firing donnie over this??
idk whats your thoughts

http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/1486673.html
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #1540
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
idk whats your thoughts

This is one of the dumbest articles I've ever read. So Donnie is an idiot for making an offer for Gortat and "showing his cards?" And Otis is a genius by matching? I don't understand how Donnie gets the blame for this, nor do I understand any logic to Otis matching the offer. Really, the whole thing is just bizarre. They just put themselves deep in luxury tax territory for a 10 mpg backup who doesn't event want to be there. The Mavs at least had a legitimate need for the guy.

Edit: Hollinger has a similar article up in which he seems to say the same thing. Maybe I'm wrong and Donnie did get pantsed as usual. I'd appreciate it if someone would post the entire article

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...atmatch-090713

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-16-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #1541
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
idk whats your thoughts

No way, you fire him if he gives Dirk the max when he's 40. Everyone knew there was risk to this signing. They had to play by NBA rules, Gortats a restricted FA, Orlando has 7 days to match any deal, this is one of the reasons why these types of contracts are rare. If I remember the Warriors signed up Turiaf a year ago in similar fashion. Currently the Jazz are on the clock with Millsap. But like I said before most of this information is media driven, then further driven when Bass signed with Orlando, why does a non tax payer open up it's purse strings to sign a backup center and a power forward....rather than giving their combined salary to their 2nd best player in Hedo? The risk is we lose him and lose out on players like Sheed, Artest, Ariza. Well if the media wants to play the game, they should monitor the Gortat trade watch....if he goes to Houston for Ariza, then I think Stern would have to step in.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #1542
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Since Arenas, can anyone really name a significant piece that was offered max money whose team DIDNT match? Its a rare occurence to have a restricted FA leave when the original team can match.

And whats this about Gortat being our season. Are we supposed to roll over and die becuase we didnt pick up a 25mpg center? Especially after picking up Marion for essentially nothing, picking up a few decent role players and drafting a player that may become a phenom?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-16-2009 at 02:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #1543
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
....if he goes to Houston for Ariza, then I think Stern would have to step in.
What would be against the rules about that?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #1544
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Since Arenas, can anyone really name a significant piece that was offered max money whose team DIDNT match? Its a rare occurence to have a restricted FA leave when the original team can match.

And whats this about Gortat being our season. Are we supposed to roll over and die becuase we didnt pick up a 25mpg center? Especially after picking up Marion for essentially nothing, picking up a few decent role players and drafting a player that may become a phenom?
Actually the Warriors couldn't match, they did not have the cap space to match. All they had at the time was the MLE and Arenas got well above that.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q37
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #1545
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
What would be against the rules about that?
It would create a two-backed beast that violates every rule of nature.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #1546
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually the Warriors couldn't match, they did not have the cap space to match. All they had at the time was the MLE and Arenas got well above that.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q37
Thus the arenas rule, and thus why I said, "since Arenas"
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #1547
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:

By Brian Schmitz Orlando Sentinel

7:10 p.m. EST, December 3, 2009

Don't get Marcin Gortat wrong: He wants more than anything to help the Orlando Magic win a title this season as Dwight Howard's back-up.

But he told the Sentinel on Thursday that he eventually wants to move out of Howard's immense shadow.

"I love the organization, but I'm not going to stay here being a back-up player and playing five minutes a game," Gortat said. "I hope people understand that. I know I can have a bigger role on another team."

Except that this season he just started a new five-year contract with the Magic. Only a trade can provide a bigger role on another team.

Perhaps Gortat's frustration should not come as a surprise. He was less than enthused when the Magic matched the Dallas Mavericks' offer of five years, $34-million this past summer for the restricted free agent from Poland. He likely would have been the Mavs' starting center.

Gortat said he isn't delivering a play-me-or-trade-me-ultimatum, realizing his role could change quickly.

He said he'll likely meet with coach Stan Van Gundy after the season to discuss his future and direct his agent, Guy Zucker, to talk with general manager Otis Smith.

"I really don't think about this now. But at some point, I want to have the chance to sit down with coach Van Gundy and tell him how I feel and where I want to go with my career," Gortat said. "I'm 100 percent sure coach will understand and will do the right thing for me and the team.

"My agent will talk to Otis. But it's too early to say anything."

Gortat has not been happy with his recent playing time. After getting considerable minutes early (averaging 18.6 in his first 14 games) — largely because Howard was in foul trouble — Gortat has played seven, eight, seven and six minutes during the last four games. He has scored four points and grabbed eight rebounds with two blocks.

Meanwhile, Howard has averaged 37.2 minutes the last four games.

Van Gundy said that Gortat, a hustle player, is lacking energy.

"He's not playing to the level he played at a year ago. He's not rebounding at that level. He's not running at that level. His energy level is not as high on a consistent basis as it was a year ago. But that's not to say that he's playing poorly. Marcin helps us a great deal," Van Gundy said.

Gortat, 25, concedes he is tired and, moreover, "burned out mentally." He traces his physical and mental fatigue, in part, to playing big minutes with the Polish national team this summer after the Magic's season ended in mid-June.

"Yeah, I would say physically, it's obviously, up and down. I would say it's not been great like it was last year. . I would say I'm pretty burned out mentally right now because of the whole situation: Playing for the past three years, playing for the national team, not having any break (before Magic's training camp).

"I'm trying, honestly, to do a lot of things off the floor during the day just to relax and forget a little bit about basketball and come back with my mental preparation (for games), but it's really hard."

Gortat said he feels after having a break-out season last year that, "There's a lot of expectations, not only from the team, but there's lot of expectations from me and lot people putting pressure on me from Poland and around the league."

Van Gundy also has been giving another big more minutes lately — power forward Brandon Bass. He said Bass could play center in certain match-ups, perhaps cutting into Gortat's time even more.

The reality for Gortat is that he's struggling to deal with his playing time and the missed opportunity in Dallas….while believing he was given a big contract for a reason.

"It's really hard. You're trying to get this fire back and trying to be positive about many things," he said. "It's just hard. You got this thing in your head that you are going to play three, four, five minutes — 10 minutes, max — and you got to be ready for that."

Van Gundy believes Gortat will bounce back to play a pivotal role.

"I think as the year goes on, you'll see him play better and better," Van Gundy said. "We'll see him back at the level he was at a year ago or even better."
Trouble Brewing in Magic Land. And this a surprise to anyone??

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6160313.story

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 12-04-2009 at 03:18 AM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #1548
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Who didnt see THAT coming?

Stupid Magic...

Toronto should trade for him...
Old 12-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #1549
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

"Van Gundy also has been giving another big more minutes lately — power forward Brandon Bass. He said Bass could play center in certain match-ups, perhaps cutting into Gortat's time even more."

Classic.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #1550
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So is smith a genius or an idiot? Hmm.....
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #1551
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta say, Gortat really seems like a class act. I hope things work out for him.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #1552
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
I gotta say, Gortat really seems like a class act. I hope things work out for him.
Same. From the outside looking in, it looks like the Magic are just holding his career hostage. Making him play backup, not letting him leave when he wants, cutting into his minutes, wasting more years off of his NBA shelf life. I just hope this doesn't drastically hurt his career. Seems like a cool dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #1553
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Gortat could have and should have taken a year off to get free agent status...other than that he will have to play the bad game of stinking it up until they trade him.

As far as "wasting" his years, he sold 'em for security, his bad and his bad only.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #1554
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Gortat could have and should have taken a year off to get free agent status....
Doesn't work that way.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #1555
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Doesn't work that way.
I think he means Gortat could have played another year and become unrestricted thus controlling his own destiny. Is that not the case because that's the impression I'm under also.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #1556
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Gor who?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #1557
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I think he means Gortat could have played another year and become unrestricted thus controlling his own destiny. Is that not the case because that's the impression I'm under also.
He could have chosen to not sign the Mavs' offer sheet and instead signed the Magic's qualifying offer. The next year he would have been an unrestricted free agent.

That would have taken an awful lot of foresight though. And it would have been a huge gamble.

I thought Dude was talking about something like Childress, but Childress is in fact still Hawk property.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-04-2009 at 01:41 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #1558
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Yes, but 34Mio against Shaun Livingston...

And honestly, no one expected the Magic to match and pay so much for the guy behind Dwight.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #1559
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I'd love for him to have signed here, it is interesting that we haven't missed him much yet, or Bass either. Dampier responded to fear of benching with is most inspired play yet as a Maverick. Gooden is a better backup than Bass, because he's a bigger defender with a more versatile offensive game. And he's about as consistent as Bass. For my money, both Humphries and Singleton are nearly Bass equals...better at everything except shooting.

Too bad for Gortat the Magic screwed with his career, and too bad for the Magic to have, so far, wasted all those millions to get 7 mediocre minutes a night. Couldn't happen to a more deserving GM, as every week Gortat fails to produce is a week his value drops...to below what they are paying him.

I could see Orlando as a perfect destination for the Dust Chip, because if Gortat keeps playing poorly, no one is gonna want that fat contract.

Last edited by G-Man; 12-04-2009 at 02:08 PM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #1560
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I could see Orlando as a perfect destination for the Dust Chip, because if Gortat keeps playing poorly, no one is gonna want that fat contract.
Trading the DUST Chip for Gortat after what already went down with Orlando would easily be the worst move our FO has made since letting Nash walk for nothing (besides, Otis should be forced to live with his d!ck-waving-error-in-judgment for a very long time...)

Gimmie Bosh if we're going after a "big man"...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-04-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic threads, epic fail, f otis, hammered, he's polish, no gortat no chance, offseason trolls!, orlandomatchesoffer, otis loves polish sausage, otis you son of a..., that's racist!, the return of windmill, trade black, we win super balls now?