Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all
Default Derrick Rose GQ Interview

Let's get our minds off the Mavericks and focus our attention on an opponent we probably will never have to worry about (post season).

Mr.Rose. Anyone think he is an introvert?

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/20...printable=true

Quote:
"But it seems like the better I play, the more attention I get. And I can't get away from it. You play great, you get attention. But I hate attention. It is weird. I'm in a bind. The more you win, the more they come."
Quote:
As the star of a top team in a league that markets individuals more than any other sport in America (a league that has long had a reputation of harboring the hardest-partying athletes in America), Rose bristles at the thought of going out. In one way, this is refreshing. He just wants to do his own thing. But the more I think about it—the more I hear Rose talk about how little he enjoys interacting with strangers, how desperately he misses being able to walk around unnoticed, how mournful he gets when the topic of "attention" is breached, how obviously uncomfortable he is even in basic social situations outside his immediate circle—it strikes me as unbearably sad.
seriously, read the article, it's not that long and it's a good read.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

At John Lucas's charity game in Houston this past summer, we yelled for Derrick Rose (who did not play) to "spell S.A.T." He seemed befuddled.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the same interview where he complained that opponents target him when he drives to the hoop?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If I get the energy, I'll take a pencil to this whole piece. But in the meantime:

Quote:
But Rose is as beloved now as LeBron was before The Decision.
This is an interesting...tautology or not.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
derrick rose is depressed