Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default MVP race

I just want to say that IMO... if the SUNS make the playoffs...Steve Nash should be the MVP. No one will give it to him....but its just crazy to think that the Suns ate even in the discussion for the playoffs with the players thwy have. Othwr than Gortat...all their players are role players at best and many wuld only be the 9 th and down guy.

Discuss if you feel diff....but I had to get this out somwhere.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

It will probably be Lebron or Durant, but it is interesting the way Nashty has kept that franchise afloat without Amare along side him. What an amazing career Nash has carved out for himself. If Deron decides to not come here, a Dirk-Nash reunion for 2012-13 sounds quite delicious.
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's supporting cast isn't really much better than Nash's at this point, is it?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

I think Dirk should get it just because I'm tired of him getting f'd over on his 2nd MVP. He's had better seasons than his season when he got MVP. There are players who have gotten multiple MVPs that didn't deserve all of them.

Last edited by CaseyJones; 04-24-2012 at 06:57 PM.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
I think Dirk should get it just because I'm tired of him getting f'd over on his 2nd MVP. He's had better seasons than his season when he got MVP. There are players who have gotten multiple MVPs that didn't deserve all of them.
So everyone should get the right number of MVP awards even though they're all in the wrong seasons? Let's fix that. How about at the end of each decade, we strip the last ten winners of their MVP awards, switch around all the year plates, then hand them back. Would that work?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
So everyone should get the right number of MVP awards even though they're all in the wrong seasons? Let's fix that. How about at the end of each decade, we strip the last ten winners of their MVP awards, switch around all the year plates, then hand them back. Would that work?
If that made any sense and if you understood what I say then yeah that'd work. But it didn't make sense nor did you understand.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post

Dirk's having his worst season in a decade. I love him, but there's no reason to give him the award for this year.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Meh... Kinda hard to take the MVP award too seriously when a guy like Derek Rose has just as many trophies as a game-transcending player like Shaq.

And, yeah, this is not the year I'd be clamoring for Dirk's make-up trophy - he hasn't exactly been living up to his usual standard in this sh!t-slogging joke of a lockout-shortened season...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-24-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote