Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Beatles...not that great

I think Beatles are vastly overrated.

She Loves You yeah yeah yeah <--- pure crap, and their later stuff was mostly lsd induced nonsense. Yeah they put out a few good tunes, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then and if a band cranks out 40 new fluff songs every year for a decade then something is going to appeal to somebody....but on the whole weren't anything special. (Page & Plant >>>>>> Lennon and McCartney)

From the Telegraph

Quote:
But why should kids care about a group their grandparents danced to forty years ago? There is always a sneaking suspicion that the continued obsession with The Beatles is driven by media nostalgia. Has the band’s primacy become a self-perpetuating myth?
I share this sneaking suspicion that the Beatles were nothing more than N-Sync or Color-Me-Badd for the baby boomers--witness screaming, crying teen aged girls watching these mop-headed twits get off the plane in the original british invasion and then watch sreaming twittering teenaged girls watch the freaking Jonas Brothers today....it's the same phenomena. Anyhoo....I think the beatles are sort of a British version of Menudo, their legendary status is a product of the most worthless and banal generation of all time, the Baby Boomers.

yeah, that's the beatles....marketing driven lightweight fluff, a product of the lightweight fluff generation of all time, the Baby Boomers.

Am alone in my lack of regard for the Beatles?

Tags
it's a trap!