Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #41
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:North Korea warms to Kerry presidency bid

Your failure to understand the difference between regional conflicts involving non-nuclear countries and the situation in korea is baffling, but humorous.

You term the ability of Korea to deliver a nuclear strike as “debatable”, that their capability to send those missles if hit with a pre-emptive attack “not proved”, with a proposal to attack North Korea which “would produce a much smaller percentage chance of a North Korean missle strike.” How inane. I’d like for you to be living in Tokyo or Seoul while this attack takes place and see if you like to “debate” the “not proved” nuclear devastation should the “smaller percentage” come to be real and those North Korean missles hit and explode. Yes, that would be the consequence, a destroyed Korea, and the world’s third largest economic power blown apart. It's like Dirty Harry when he had fired off his bullets, "5 or 6?" was the question as he asked the punk “Do you feel lucky?” Great movie, not so great real life (and death) scenario.

Your statement that ” I am talking about the possibility of saving millions of lives.” Is absurd, you’re talking about jeopardizing MILLIONS of lives. The ONLY way to resolve the situation is to negotiate for the removal of the weapons, and to reach an agreement with verifiable removal of the weapons which is a solution without putting millions of people's lives in harms way. That’s the way to ensure no nukes go off, not armed conflict which only INCREASES the odds that the nukes WILL go off.

You ask:
Quote:
You wrote and I quote: "but in the Korean situation armed conflict is the complete wrong course." Now since that predisposes what will occur in the future if we take military action.
It actually is a statement in the present tense. I don’t have your crystal ball.

Quote:
Do you have a crystal ball that you can tell with absolute certainty that this will be worse than no action.
I can say with absolute certainty that an armed attack today against North Korea is “worse” than not attacking.

Quote:
Can you promise that there is zero chance that N Korean won't launch a nuclear strike before the end of the year if the US doesn't take military action?
I can say with certainty that there is a 100% probability that North Korea will launch whatever missles they have if the US takes military action.

Quote:
Can you promise with 100% certainty that the US couldn't destroy N Korea's ability to launch nuclear strikes with a premptive military strike before any could be launched? If not your are spilling nothing but conjecture and assumption.
You’re upside down in your question, a negative can’t be proven. The question is if there is 100% certainty that the US COULD destroy North Koreas ability to launch, which there isn't.

Funny about that “implied” agreement on non-aggression you insist exists….guess what primary issue the North Korean's seek in an agreement with the US? Yep, it’s a non-agression statement. Odd that they would make such a big deal over it, maybe they just need to talk to you so you could explain to the Koreans that they already have one….
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2004, 11:43 AM   #42
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: North Korea warms to Kerry presidency bid

mavdog's broken record drivel has begun to bore me.....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #43
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
yeah, boredom typically happens when there is lack of comprehension by the reader...

Old 03-09-2004, 12:19 PM   #44
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Ah Mavdog I can see that there is no reasoning with you. I can only hope that no extremists, on either end of the spectrum of possible choices, end up making the decisions on how to resolve this solution. You sould like one of the talking heads that the political parties have represent them on news shows. And while I could endlessly debate you on this issue, I would have better luck convincing a fense post to change it's color than to have you grand the most minor of concessions. Everyone certainly has a right to their opinions and your opinion on this issue is no exception. It also seems that we are just going in circles covering any new ground. There certainly is enough discussion on the topics for any intelligent person to take and make an informed decision with a little research on their own. So I'm going to end my participation in this thread for now.

I can only say that I support neither of the extreme positions that military action should be taken off the table nor that military action should be the only option on the table. I can see that there is a wide spectrum where military action could possibly fall in the order it should be considered. A lot would depend on information that is way above the security clearances that most likely anyone on this board possesses. Still everyone will have to make up their own mind whether they wish to take a position one either extreme end on the consideration of military force or whether they will take a position somewhere in the middle. But I would certainly hope and pray that we can satisfactorly remove the threat of N Korean nuclear weapons with out the use of force. And I would want us to try everything reasonable to achieve this before using military action. But my definition of reasonable would be greatly different than yours I'm sure. There are many factors to consider with this situation. I would just hope that people would thoughtfully consider as many factors and aspects of the problem and weigh the evidence with as open a mind as possible before taking a position. I would also hope that we would all regularly review new facts and see if they might alter that position.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:29 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
yeah, boredom typically happens when there is lack of comprehension by the reader...
No...boredom occurs in intelligent people when the other person hasn't a clue about reality...and that fits you like a glove. You are a closed-minded biased liberal, which is ok. The world needs ignorant people too.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #46
Mavdog
Diamond Member

LRB posted
Quote:
But I would certainly hope and pray that we can satisfactorly remove the threat of N Korean nuclear weapons with out the use of force
good, we can agree on some things...