Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thurdays Suns/Spurs

What are you looking for in this game? A lot from the media will made of this game, (ala Mavs, Suns) and most will put the winner as the favorite to win the West (yes over the Mavs). It will be an interesting game, even if you hate both teams.

What I am looking for is if either team is going to try anything different and whose will is the strongest. The Suns to speed the game up, or the Spurs to slow it down.

What are you looking for?
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
What are you looking for in this game? A lot from the media will made of this game, (ala Mavs, Suns) and most will put the winner as the favorite to win the West (yes over the Mavs). It will be an interesting game, even if you hate both teams.

What I am looking for is if either team is going to try anything different and whose will is the strongest. The Suns to speed the game up, or the Spurs to slow it down.

What are you looking for?
Mostly, i'm watching to see whether the Spurs keep a 5 (Elson/Oberto) on the floor for all or most of the game or whether they go small.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

*MUSIC BEAT*
GO
SPURS
GO
*MUSIC BEAT*
GO
SPURS
GO
*MUSIC BEAT*
GO
SPURS
GO
(CUE TO EVA LONGORIA SHOT)
GO
SPURS
GO
(CUE A SHOT OF DUNCAN RUNNIN FINGERS THRU GINOBLIS HAIR)
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I hate rooting for the Spurs....but now that the division is locked up...You just have to
Old 04-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

come on spurs...nash break a leg!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Main thing i'm looking for is to see whether the Spurs can defend the Suns or if they go small and try to play Suns ball. If the Spurs can't defend the Suns i'm not sure if anyone can. All you can hope for is a bad shooting night.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

as I've said before, I'm hoping the arena blows up and everyone in there is killed. But that's just me...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
as I've said before, I'm hoping the arena blows up and everyone in there is killed. But that's just me...
Oh no. Such hate hate hatred. This entire forum needs a serious spiritual revelation.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Go Spurs
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #10
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Pop is notorious for not showing his hand before the playoffs.

Whatever the Spurs do Thursday--you can pretty much bet that the Spurs will do something else come the semi finals.

(Unless of course the Spurs clobber the Suns--then Pop may have to think twice about doing anything else differently in the playoffs.

Avery did the same thing last year when he started Devin Harris. That move was brilliant! Definitely the pupil showed the teacher a thing or two...
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Suns win the game, Spurs will not show their hand. In fact, Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan could get food poisoning like Dirk did just before the game against Sac. Nothing would surprise me by Pop.

These two teams will be playing soon enough.

Remember this, when Dallas and SA played early in the year, Elson gave Dirk fits -- he never covered Dirk again. IF SA gets back to the WCF, look for Elson to be all over Dirk.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

BTW--

I have changed my photo in honor of Kevin Willis....a great player, teammate, and citizen.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #13
Big Shot Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Suns win the game, Spurs will not show their hand. In fact, Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan could get food poisoning like Dirk did just before the game against Sac. Nothing would surprise me by Pop.

Remember this, when Dallas and SA played early in the year, Elson gave Dirk fits -- he never covered Dirk again. IF SA gets back to the WCF, look for Elson to be all over Dirk.

Interesting... Elson has not been playing much at all going down the stretch.

Mmmm...
Old 04-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Oh no. Such hate hate hatred. This entire forum needs a serious spiritual revelation.

lol - hate kinda comes with the territory... Afterall, his name is The Crippler, not The Dandelion!

I don't want to see any harm come upon anyone, but I wouldn't mind if the entire Suns & Spurs squads were both struck with stigmata - from what I understand, it's completely painless, yet the constant bleeding would make it illegal for either team to take the court!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-04-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

genius!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #16
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Interesting... Elson has not been playing much at all going down the stretch.

Mmmm...
i gotta tell you Rob, the last time I saw Elson play was against the Kings and Brad Miller was eating him up.

I don't mean to say that Brad Miller was making some nice passes or hitting some set shots...I mean Brad Miller was putting the ball on the floor and blowing by Elson...

Brad. Miller.

I might be able to guard Brad Miller.

This sort of thing may explain why Elson isn't getting 38 minutes a game. Color me a wee bit skeptical that Elson is some top secret dirk stopper.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #17
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
lol - hate kinda comes with the territory... Afterall, his name is The Crippler, not The Dandelion!

I don't want to see any harm come upon anyone, but I wouldn't mind if the entire Suns & Spurs squads were both struck with stigmata - from what I understand, it's completely painless, yet the constant bleeding would make it illegal for either team to take the court!
I see where you're going with this.

Not only would this render both the Spurs and Suns unfit for the playoffs, but conceivably such a miracle could lead to the salvation of millions.

Accordingly, any Suns fan who doesn't root for this very thing to happen is basically rooting for millions of lost souls to spend an eternity in hell.

And they call us haters!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202

I have a video of that game that I've looked back at. Elson did nothing of the sort. Dirk missed a bunch of jumpers he usually makes.

Elson WAS quite active on the o-boards and underneath the basket during that game, but he did very little in terms of "giving Dirk fits" defensively. The notion of Elson as the key to stopping/slowing Dirk is the most common SpursTalk myth.

Refer to the GameFlow on popcornmachine.net for proof of this. Dirk had terrible shooting stretches during the game when Elson wasnt even on the court.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-04-2007 at 04:31 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Elson WAS quite active on the o-boards and underneath the basket during that game, but he did very little in terms of "giving Dirk fits" defensively. The notion of Elson as the key to stopping/slowing Dirk is the most common SpursTalk myth.
yeah.....from what I've seen of Elson, he's not a great stopper against middle-of-the-road guys. No reason to think he's gonna become an all-time great defender when he takes on one of the most formidable offensive players in the game.

Also, Elson is routinely, I mean routinely, on the bench in the fourth quarter any time the Spurs have a close game (which regretfully hasn't been often of late).

I haven't even checked the loss to the Pacers on Sunday.....checking....checking....

bingo....

Elson played the first two minutes of the second half and that was it.....Pop isn't hiding some top-secret weapon, he's benching Elson so he can play guys he trusts.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #20
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog

ahhh, but what can I do, because I also hate the fans, therefore the building blowing up sounded like the best option at the time.

Ok, fine, the stigmata it is...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #21
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

Suns win by 12.
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #22
Big Shot Rob

Would not doubt it.

Impossible to overtake the Suns for second spot.

Spurs have nothint to prove in an otherwise meaningless game. Nash came into San Antonio today and in interviews with local media said the game tomorrow would have playoff-type proportions.

Poor Steve--putting so much pressure on himself for just another run of the mill regular season game.

Oh I forgot--he probably needs to--the Suns have never defeated either the Mavs or the Spurs in the playoffs...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #23
Big Shot Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I hate rooting for the Spurs....but now that the division is locked up...You just have to

My friend Flaco--I'll get you a Spurs T-Shirt during the Spurs/Suns playoffs. Which one do you want?

I know--

How about Kevin Willis' old jersey?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #24
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Oh I forgot--he probably needs to--the Suns have never defeated either the Mavs or the Spurs in the playoffs...
Never huh? You are an idiot.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That's correct. In fact, the only time the Spurs beat the Suns in the playoffs (or recent vintage, at least) was when the Suns beat the Mavs the round before.

But that's beside the point. Kevin Willis has GUNS, man.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #26
Big Shot Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
Never huh? You are an idiot.
When did Nash defeat the Spurs in a playoff series?

Or the Mavs?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 AM   #27
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

2 years ago in a notable fashion..

not buying that this game means a lot. as far as the devin harris move, marc stein wrote an article after our first win against the spurs last year early in the season about how devin harris and josh howard were the keys to beating the spurs. devin was actually injured the next couple of games they played. but this definitely worked in the mavs favor, as the harris factor took the spurs about 3 games to succesfully adapt to.

i think the suns win tomorrow, but i think the spurs win the series.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 AM   #28
Xylus

Xylus will become famous soon enoughXylus will become famous soon enough

The Suns beat the Mavs in the playoffs two years ago...with Nash. How quickly you forget.
Xylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #29
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Whats all this Spurs not showing their hand crap? So the Spurs won't but the Suns will? That doesn't make any sense. Besides the Spurs by all accounts want to catch and pass the Suns. Meaning they are going to throw everything at em. The Spurs can win this game but they probably will lose it in the 4th because they won't be able to play at that pace for 4 quarters. At the very least I hope they take some juice out of the Suns down the stretch.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 AM   #30
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to think the Spurs are up against it here.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:23 AM   #31
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

As much as I'd hate to say it, I want the Spurts to win this one. F**k the Suns! F**k the Spurs too but f**k the Suns even more!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 04-05-2007 at 03:24 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #32
RingTheBell

Quote:
When did Nash defeat the Spurs in a playoff series?

Or the Mavs?

I like basketball.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #33
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I dislike the Spurs more than the Suns. I don't think the Spurs can beat the Suns anymore.... certainly not in a 7 game series.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #34
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Personally I dislike the Spurs more than the Suns. I don't think the Spurs can beat the Suns anymore.... certainly not in a 7 game series.
With the Mavs style of play being compared the Spurs, do you feel the same about the Mavs?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #35
RingTheBell

This year Mav's are more athletic I think and seem to keep up with the Suns pace better than the Spurs. Plus Stackhouse seems to go off on the Suns everytime.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
With the Mavs style of play being compared the Spurs, do you feel the same about the Mavs?
Ummmm no. The Mavericks are my team. The Spurs play in Texas in our division.... so the hatred comes natural.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #37
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Ummmm no. The Mavericks are my team. The Spurs play in Texas in our division.... so the hatred comes natural.
What I meant was do you feel the Spurs can't beat the Suns in seven games, and the way our game is being compared to the Spurs, do you think the Mavs can win in a seven game series?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #38
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG
Whats all this Spurs not showing their hand crap? So the Spurs won't but the Suns will? That doesn't make any sense. Besides the Spurs by all accounts want to catch and pass the Suns. Meaning they are going to throw everything at em. The Spurs can win this game but they probably will lose it in the 4th because they won't be able to play at that pace for 4 quarters. At the very least I hope they take some juice out of the Suns down the stretch.

People think the Spurs won't show their hand because the Spurs have been playing like this all season long. Guys rarely get over 35 minutes per game. In my eyes it looks as if they're holding something back until the playoffs. As far as D'Antoni goes maybe he's holding something back as well but i'd have to question what that is. His team relies on run and gun and plays no defense. Is D'antoni all of a sudden gonna start using different defensive schemes?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #39
Big Shot Rob

Pop is notorious for this. It will be interesting once the playoffs start.

I forgot about the Suns beating the Mavs a couple of years ago--that was my mistake.

Suns have a great team.

Still--its hard to think that a team that plays no defense and who constantly shoots less than three seconds after having the ball will win an NBA Championship.

Hey--I could be wrong. And if so, I'll give props to the Suns. No need for Suns fans to get so defensive here.

Still--

I think that whether the Spurs win tonight by 50 or the Suns win tonight by 50--this game is totally meaningless insofar as the playoffs are concerned.

BSR

Last edited by Big Shot Rob; 04-05-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #40
left texas
Golden Member

Guess I will be rooting for the Spurs tonight. Seems only fitting, being the gentleman I am.