Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 09-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #1
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Tried to change things up a bit. I don't think teams are as sold on Edwards as you indicate -- there are some legit questions about his work ethic, defense, and fit. Okoro has DPOY potential and would slot in at the 4 next to KAT. I think there will be a run on wings leading to some of the guards dropping.

Terry at 17 makes sense if you think Okoro is a 4. Wolves desperately need shooting and Terry is the best shooter in the draft.

Warriors take Toppin because they don't see a trade on the horizon and he brings an NBA-ready skillset that allows them to keep their floor spacing offense. Wiseman is a physical freak, but he doesn't have nearly the track records and offensive skill that someone like Deandre Ayton came in with. Just my $.02.
Not sure about Okoro at #1 either but i guess you could just as easily mock up a trade down for them where they then pick up Okoro.

Tankathon has Maxey going to the Mavs - not exactly who i'd have in mind. Interested to see that you have him going to the Kings... have they given up on Buddy?

you don't think Poku will go first round? i think one of the teams with multiple picks will take a flyer on him if the Mavs don't.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #2
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Not sure about Okoro at #1 either but i guess you could just as easily mock up a trade down for them where they then pick up Okoro.

Tankathon has Maxey going to the Mavs - not exactly who i'd have in mind. Interested to see that you have him going to the Kings... have they given up on Buddy?

you don't think Poku will go first round? i think one of the teams with multiple picks will take a flyer on him if the Mavs don't.

I'm personally not seeing it with Poku. I do understand the Davis Bertans comparisons, but his frame is the furthest thing from NBA-ready. He's one of those "two years away from being two years away" guys IMO. But, like you said, I could see a team taking him second half of the first round and stashing him.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm personally not seeing it with Poku. I do understand the Davis Bertans comparisons, but his frame is the furthest thing from NBA-ready. He's one of those "two years away from being two years away" guys IMO. But, like you said, I could see a team taking him second half of the first round and stashing him.
I agree actually - i don't really want the Mavs in on him because i think we've got to go for someone who can provide more immediate impact. He's definitely a few years away. UNLESS Donnie sees something and wants him - after skipping on Giannis i'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I did look up Amar Sylla and he looks like he's just got stupid length and athletcism. he's a project i'd go for because he looks like he'd be a difference on maker on defense right away.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #4
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Poku has Boston written all over him.
Boston would be foolish not to take him at 26 or 30 and we would be foolish not to take him at 31 if he is still on the board.

He'd be a great pick for us with KP's injury issues and would provide some insurance. He's also a perfect fit and a Donnie type of pick. #18 is probably too high but could even see us trading back and adding a pick if he is our guy.

I think he has the highest potential of anyone outside the lotto and could eventually be a top 5 player out of this draft. Seven footers with his skills are extremely rare to the point of non-existence. Biggest question for him is whether he can stay healthy with that frame.

Last edited by rimrocker; 09-04-2020 at 11:37 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #5
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Will have to agree to disagree with the Poku fans. His combination of size and handles is definitely interesting, but he is going to get pushed around in the league. He’s not going to be able to get to his spots on offense, and will be targeted on defense. I will eat my crow if he pans out.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #6
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Will have to agree to disagree with the Poku fans. His combination of size and handles is definitely interesting, but he is going to get pushed around in the league. He’s not going to be able to get to his spots on offense, and will be targeted on defense. I will eat my crow if he pans out.
Part of his game reminds me of pre-injured Parsons. He likes to drive the lane from either elbow and then has a nice spin move to shoot a 10footer in the lane over a defender and his stroke is pretty sweet.

You are right though, his lack of strength is the big knock on him and it will take a few years for him to fully develop. If he can develop his body and stay healthy he will be a solid player in this league. KP's game doesn't look like it will age well even if he fully recovers from this injury so Poku might slip nicely into his role if he fully develops. I think this guy will be worth the wait and his development could go a lot quicker on this team because he would be such a nice fit.

Last edited by rimrocker; 09-04-2020 at 02:32 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote