Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Gut reaction - positive based on this article on Obama

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090923/...pr_wh/us_obama

As usual, I haven't researched a ton...just simply read the linked article and my first reaction is positive for President Obama.

Basically, what I get from this article is that the President is calling out all other nations...stop waiting on the USA to fix the worlds problems, it's time for every nation to step up and take responsibility.

Personally I agree with that sentiment.

I will reserve final opinion until after I have learned more about exactly what the President means by this.

I have personal thoughts about the direction the President wants to go, but for now, the attitude at calling the rest of the world out is a good first step.

Now to see what the President views as "Problems"...the devil is in the details and I have a gut feeling that this is where many of us will wind up disagreeing with the President.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Considering we are at the mercy of other nations to a greater degree than anytime I'm aware of, more than a couple of delegates were probably snickering. He should have taken off his shoe and hammered the podium for emphasis before slinging it at the Iranian delegates. Think of the potential Java time wasters.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

See what I get for saying something positive...before getting the details.

Of course, I based my opinion simply from the report that was linked. But, as we dig into what President Obama actually said...arrgh, we find clearly an individual who is either an enemy of America, or someone who is highly dilusional and unaware of the ramifications of the statements he makes.

Makes me wonder, are Americans finally ready to throw both Republicans and Democrats OUT OF OFFICE!!! Do we trust our fellow citizens enough to vote for people we can fully get behind and trust to represent us...or are we going to fall into the trap of voting down party lines so that we don't waste our vote and allow the worse of two evils to get elected?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

What turned his statements immediately from something you agree with all the way to treason? You said you digged deeper.. what did you find so horrendous that he said? Im curious.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

i assume that means he read an editorial blasting the speech.....?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluff reaction, fluffy banter, fluffy schizoid, lay off the yeyo james