Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spurs vs Grizz

Alright Mavs fans, let's all collectively root for the Grizzlies tonight. This is a crucial game for just about the entire Western Conference. If the Spurs lose, the Mavs take the division-record tiebreaker and will move to no. 1 again. Also, Memphis is playing to move ahead of the Clippers for the 5 spot.

The Spurs are 3-0 against Memphis, but two of those games were decided by one and three points respectively, and the Spurs are without Ginobili.

Go Grizzlies!
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #2
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Go Grizzly Adams!!!
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If I was the Grizz it would make more sense to lose... and this is just me... but winning this game would be suicide. Ok lets beat the spurs, now we are the 5th seed and have to play one of the top two teams in the conference in the first round. Denver is a significantly easier opponent and then once your over them you have Phoenix (likely) instead of the other top team in the conference. This is logical isint it?

Oh well... hopefully Memphis wants to prove that it can be a darkhorse in the playoffs and prove they can beat the spurs. I hope Pau destroys Duncan!!!!
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Mike will toss his old, beloved Mavericks a bone tonight.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Lets go Grizz!
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

How in the world can the grizzlies go on living if they allow a decimated spurs team to sweep them. I mean they might as well emasculate themselves if they let that happen.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
How in the world can the grizzlies go on living if they allow a decimated spurs team to sweep them. I mean they might as well emasculate themselves if they let that happen.
One could say the same thing about the Spurs if they lose their third game in row to a team they've beaten all season when they deserately need to win this game.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #8
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Gasol already with 6 TO and Spurs in the lead now =/
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #9
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Knotted up 43-43 at the break. Hopefully them old legs will catch up with the Spurs in the second half.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

43-43 at half hopefully the old guys from spursland will get tired ^^
Old 04-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

edit: Beat me to it

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 04-09-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #12
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I mean plantar faschitic legs...

Last edited by Stranger; 04-09-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #13
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Memphis seems to be the better team out there through the first half. Go Grizzlies!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #14
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Mavfan + Ravenfan is on a distinguished road

whats happened to manu? he didn't get hurt in the mavs game, was it a family death or something.
When we was eight, we went to Bat Day to see the Yanks
In Sixty-Nine, his father and mines, they robbed banks
He pointed to the charm on his neck
With his last bit of energy left, told me rock it with respect
I opened it, seen the god holdin his kids
Photogenic, tears just burst out my wig

AKA-wu banga at db.com
AKA-mavsravensfanatic at scout.com
Mavfan + Ravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

go griz
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #16
Mavfan + Ravenfan

And why would they start barry over finley, he's slowing down but he's still better the barry.

AKA-wu banga at db.com
Old 04-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #17
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Gasol is going to end up with a triple double with points rebounds and to's. 7 already.

AKA-wu banga at db.com
Old 04-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Grizzly Adams.. great show..one of my all time favorites.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It'd be nice if Gasol would do something positive for the Grizz.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #20
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Somebody else is going to have to step up, memphis has all those scorers but no offense, reminds me of the pacers.

AKA-wu banga at db.com
Old 04-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #21
NXperience

65-63 after 3rd ... now pull away early in the 4th memphis .... please
Old 04-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #22
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

those are some really ugly throw back jerseys the grizz are wearing tonight. an ABA memphis team called the "pros"?

go grizz!
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #23
Mavfan + Ravenfan

most throwback jerseys are ugly.

AKA-wu banga at db.com
Old 04-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea the "pros". I think it had artis gilmore and rick barry on it. I remember going to watch them in my youth.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Memphis looks to be bringing it tonight. Miller, in particular, looks to be having his way with Bowen and the rest of the Spurs. It was almost ready to get out of hand a moment ago, before the Spurs battled back.

Memphis is probably going to need to make a couple shots they shouldn't in order to pull this one off, as I'm sure the champs have more fight in them still. But the chances look pretty good!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #26
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

didn't gilmore play for the kentucky aba team?

found this:

The ABA's Memphis franchise was first located in New Orleans, as the Buccaneers. In 1970, the franchise packed up, moved to Memphis and chose the name "Pros." When the national media questioned the nickname, team officials had a dubious explanation. To save costs, the team had decided to use the New Orleans uniforms left over from the year before. Those uniforms had the word "Bucs" sewn on the front. After removing the word "Bucs", a simple four-letter "replacement" nickname was necessary. Apparently, the team could not think of any better candidate than "Pros." Of course, in the world of the ABA, once "Pros" was placed on the recycled uniforms, it was too expensive to change.

The Pros had players like Steve "Snapper" Jones , Gerald Govan, Jimmy Jones, and Wendell Ladner and a coach Babe McCarthy.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

Oh, Finley is killing our hopes and dreams.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #28
NXperience

Damn you Finley damn you Memphis. Things aren't looking good right now.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #29
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Finley's won his share of games for the Spurs this year when it didn't look good. There is still a lot of time left so let's not get down yet.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #30
Triple T's

Triple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of light

can someone tell me why gasol spends so much time on the bench in the 4th

"I am a enforcer man! Don’t nothin go down in my house! It's 100 percent heart baby! Sure I jack a few fools. I give em tha pain! But sometimes its about intimidation you know, its mind games…."
-Terry Tate
Triple T's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

Where is block call against Battier?????
Old 04-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #32
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It's weird because the Spurs are up but this game still feels like a loss for them. Not because we want it but because they're not playing that well as a team today.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:16 PM   #33
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Where is block call against Battier?????
Horrible...you've got to call something there.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

I will hand it to Memphis. They play really tough, and really smart. They could use some size inside in a terrible way.

Man, that drive Miller made it to tie it at 81 was, dare I say, Kobe-esque.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

Crestfallen.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #36
Stranger
Golden Member

Vintage Tim Duncan stat-line tonight and Gasol has been terrible. Still down to the wire, though.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

That sucked.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #38
Mavdog
Diamond Member

gasol fouled by duncan, no call.

spurs win by 2.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #39
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Boo
Old 04-09-2006, 08:24 PM   #40
NXperience

Memphis was no help =/ Gasol played like crap well now we can only hope for 2 other losses or the unlikely loss against the rockets