Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-09-2006, 08:24 PM   #41
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Gasol is a nice player but we saw again tonight that he's not ready for prime time.

I'd have like to see Miller take the shot.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-09-2006 at 08:24 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #42
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Mavfan + Ravenfan is on a distinguished road

damn. gasol killed his own team. how do you turn the ball over that many times.
When we was eight, we went to Bat Day to see the Yanks
In Sixty-Nine, his father and mines, they robbed banks
He pointed to the charm on his neck
With his last bit of energy left, told me rock it with respect
I opened it, seen the god holdin his kids
Photogenic, tears just burst out my wig

AKA-wu banga at db.com
AKA-mavsravensfanatic at scout.com
Mavfan + Ravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:29 PM   #43
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I'd have like to see Miller take the shot.
I was positve that we'd see a 3 pointer by Miller early enough that if he missed that it would turn into a ft shooting contest.

Gasol gave nothing today.

We'll have to hope that Orlando (who's been pretty damn good lately) can sneak away with one or maybe Minnesota even.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #44
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Memphis= weak finish

Still, SA is getting beat up down the stretch, so maybe two teams can sneak in and give them a loss. I'm betting Utah gives them a good game on the back to back. We just have to hope for another loss. It'd be nice if Tmac came back...
Old 04-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Minnesota or Orlando beating the Spurs doesn't do much for the Mavs unless that's coupled with another Spurs loss. The Mavs need the Spurs to lose a division game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #46
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

NM. I misread your post.

I was banking on a couple Spurs losses while the Mavs win out. I was thinking Orlando and maybe Minnesota or Utah.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 04-09-2006 at 08:46 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #47
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

damn it...i can't believe the endless opportunities...WHY does SA get so many close wins...especially in the beginning of the year i remember that it seemed like every friggin win was between one and three points...damn it i despise them
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #48
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Go Rockets! The odds of the Spurs losing TWO more games than we do are close to non-existent.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #49
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Go Rockets! The odds of the Spurs losing TWO more games than we do are close to non-existent.
I'm certainly not betting on it, chum, but I wouldn't say the odds are non-existent. Actually, if Ginobili's out, I'd say the Spurs are much more likely to drop a couple of games against other opponents than they are to lose to Houston, who's eliminated from the playoffs and has nothing to play for.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #50
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I was positve that we'd see a 3 pointer by Miller early enough that if he missed that it would turn into a ft shooting contest.

Gasol gave nothing today.

We'll have to hope that Orlando (who's been pretty damn good lately) can sneak away with one or maybe Minnesota even.
It's not just today...Memphis is now 6-10 in games decided by 3 or less and Gasol is a big reason. We benefitted from it a couple of times but it bit us in the ass tonight.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-09-2006 at 09:33 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
I'm certainly not betting on it, chum, but I wouldn't say the odds are non-existent. Actually, if Ginobili's out, I'd say the Spurs are much more likely to drop a couple of games against other opponents than they are to lose to Houston, who's eliminated from the playoffs and has nothing to play for.
Oh, they could lose a couple, that's for sure. But I said lose a couple MORE than we do. We're likely to lose one as well. We need the Spurs to lose two more than we do, unless they lose to Houston. It's a tall order, in that it will be hard enough for us to win out.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
didn't gilmore play for the kentucky aba team?

found this:

The ABA's Memphis franchise was first located in New Orleans, as the Buccaneers. In 1970, the franchise packed up, moved to Memphis and chose the name "Pros." When the national media questioned the nickname, team officials had a dubious explanation. To save costs, the team had decided to use the New Orleans uniforms left over from the year before. Those uniforms had the word "Bucs" sewn on the front. After removing the word "Bucs", a simple four-letter "replacement" nickname was necessary. Apparently, the team could not think of any better candidate than "Pros." Of course, in the world of the ABA, once "Pros" was placed on the recycled uniforms, it was too expensive to change.

The Pros had players like Steve "Snapper" Jones , Gerald Govan, Jimmy Jones, and Wendell Ladner and a coach Babe McCarthy.

Good grief...my memory must be pretty hazy. I must have watched those guys beat the heck out of my pros/tams.

sheesh...old age can be a drag!.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #53
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

F the Spurs....and Memphis too.

Mavs>>>>>Spurs>>>>>Memphis.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-09-2006 at 10:15 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #54
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Actually, if Ginobili's out, I'd say the Spurs are much more likely to drop a couple of games against other opponents than they are to lose to Houston, who's eliminated from the playoffs and has nothing to play for.
The Spurs are now 11-4 without Ginobli this season. That's pretty solid with one of your best 3 out.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #55
chumdawg
Guru

Mike gets a lot of minutes when Manu can't go. Mike is a multiple-All-Star and a cagey vet if ever there was one. He also has extreme range. This helps the Spurs out.

Rawle Marshall, on the other hand, does not help the Mavs out. Hence you can understand the comparative Mavs record when Howard has to wear dress clothes.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #56
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Gasol is overrated...He'd be a nice no. 2 option on a team with a superstar.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #57
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Both Pop and Manu believe he'll play tomorrow against Seattle according to the SA Express. Horry will miss this game though.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #58
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
The Spurs are now 11-4 without Ginobli this season. That's pretty solid with one of your best 3 out.
What's the Mavs' record without Howard?

I know the Spurs have played well without him, that's not the point. The point is, I think they're more likely to lose two games against other opponents than they are to lose to a McGrady-less Houston team that's already been eliminated from the playoffs.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #59
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know the exact record but the mavs are around 16 and 9 without howard. Something in that area the problem is that alot of those games were also without devin and either griff or quis. This causes serious problems because those are the guys who could take up for his abscence
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote