Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2002, 04:05 PM   #41
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

This is so much fun..

I swear I can see the smiles all over the board on this one...

I hope this goes down...we would almost have a all-star starting 5.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2002, 04:06 PM   #42
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

The deadline is 4:00PM -- Dallas time
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:06 PM   #43
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

MavsFanFinley, check your pm's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #44
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i've been telling all kinds of people at work about this trade that's about to go down for the mavs. up in nashville, they could care less. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

but this is great news!
Old 02-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is an out of plce post, but check out the smile on Howards face.
Link

The guy makes me laugh...such a baby face.

Nellie/Cuban...for the love of god get this trade done!

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:08 PM   #46
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Could Van Exel be used as trade bait for someone else?
Old 02-21-2002, 04:08 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

BBL- I just did the same thing. I told a guy here in the office that the Mavs might be making this trade and get this...the guy says to me, "Sorry, I don't watch baseball!"

Un-freaking-believable!

Doc
Old 02-21-2002, 04:10 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

Could Van Exel be used as trade bait for someone else?

If he's not tied up in a three way deal going somehwere else, why would we want to?

Doc
Old 02-21-2002, 04:11 PM   #49
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

dj, I don't think this year, but in the offseason if we are not happy with him, he would be very good bate, so would Finley, LaFrenz, and just about our entire bench. If this does go down, I can't wait and see what David Aldrige says or one of those guys that always takes credit for reporting these trades. Where is Peter Vescey when you need him?? hahahaha
We can laugh all the way to bank on this trade(if it goes down)
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:12 PM   #50
djb
Administrator

Just a bit worried about his attitude. Playing behind Nash can't possible sit well with him. Sure we could play him at the 2, but would he be content there?
Old 02-21-2002, 04:13 PM   #51
djb
Administrator

Ya I agree the trade would be hugely in favor of the Mavs..Buck, Howard, and Harvey have all been relative non-factors, while Van Exels just a LOT better than Hardaway.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:13 PM   #52
Drbio
Banned

dj- I don't think he would play behind Nash...I think he would play BESIDE Nash!

Doc
Old 02-21-2002, 04:13 PM   #53
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

that's what i'm saying dj, in nellie's system, there doesn't necessarily have to be a 1 and 2. just guys that can handle the ball and shoot!
Old 02-21-2002, 04:14 PM   #54
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

beat me that time, doc!
Old 02-21-2002, 04:15 PM   #55
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

more than content, would shoot more and he would be like a second pg out there, it would be like starting two pg in Van Exel and Nash, a sg at foward in Finley, and two undersized centers at the inside positions. Like a three guard, two big foward lineup. Great for playing zone, quick front and back courts. we could run circles around people.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:16 PM   #56
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

<< The deadline is 4:00PM -- Dallas time >>

Sorry, the deadline is 5:00PM Dallas time. 6pm here in NY
NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:16 PM   #57
Drbio
Banned

BBL- hahaha
Old 02-21-2002, 04:17 PM   #58
Drbio
Banned

That menas two more hours of anguish. Hey guys...I have to actually do some work here...I'll check back with you all later. Hopefully with LaFrentz and NVE in a Mavs uni!

peace!

Doc
Old 02-21-2002, 04:20 PM   #59
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

mor ehours of anguish... but hopefully more hours for cuban and nellie to convince kiki to pull the trigger!
Old 02-21-2002, 04:21 PM   #60
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I leave for an hour and a half away and look what is going on.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:27 PM   #61
foglemann
Golden Member

hopefully KiKi is wanted to help out the Mavs since we got him to where he is today, but they are getting screwed, but they know that they aren't going anywhere this year, but didn't Kiki like eddie energy. Maybe he will be leaving, but someone I would give up for this. Maybe it is Howard, Eddie, Harvey, and Buckner, for Van Exel, Lafrenz, and that other I guy I don't know anything about.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:28 PM   #62
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

word is hardaway would be going to denver, too. and apparently, kiki had always been impressed with harvey...
Old 02-21-2002, 04:30 PM   #63
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Look at this starting 5. Obviously with this much offensive talent the numbers would go down but check this out

Nash 19.6
NVE 21.4
Finley 19.1
Dirk 23.8
LaFrentz 14.9

Total 98.8

You are bringing about 3 blocks from Raef

Old 02-21-2002, 04:34 PM   #64
djb
Administrator

Our bench wouldn't be too shabby either, with Griffin, Abdul-Wahad, Najera, Newman, Manning (is he part of the deal?), Wang, Bradley, and Esch.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:34 PM   #65
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

This deal looks too good to be true - hopefully it will happen.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:35 PM   #66
djb
Administrator

Can you imagine if NOTHING happens by 6pm?!
Old 02-21-2002, 04:38 PM   #67
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, i'm bubbling over with anticipation. something better happen.

what is obviously so amazing about this deal is the fact that we're not giving up anything really... except howard's huge contract. like mffl said, this sounds too good to be true.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:40 PM   #68
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Calm down BBL. It's not like their sending a bowl of ice cream our way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:40 PM   #69
foglemann
Golden Member

I would be extremely pissed, this needs to go down
Old 02-21-2002, 04:40 PM   #70
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

only downside is we could probably never unload abdul-wahad's ridiculous contract...
Old 02-21-2002, 04:41 PM   #71
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

what? van exel, lafrentz, wahad, johnson, AND a bowl of ice cream?!?!?

seriously! jump on this immediately! this deal must get done! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

you're definitely right about wahad's contract. maybe he will actually decide to play like he's worth even remotely close to half of it.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:41 PM   #72
djb
Administrator

Speaking of ice cream, I just had a slice of Baskin Robbins choco chip/devils food ice cream cake. And mannn do I feel sick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2002, 04:42 PM   #73
grbh
Platinum Member

Quick question about LaFrentz? Is he a restricted free agent in the off season or unrestricted? If he is restricted can match any off right? And how is this effected by the cap.
Obviously we are way over the cap next year. If someone offers LaFrentz a 4 yr 30Million deal would we be able to match.

Old 02-21-2002, 04:43 PM   #74
grbh
Platinum Member

You want dissapointment. What if they signed Polynice and that was it.

Old 02-21-2002, 04:46 PM   #75
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

10 more minutes!!!! Will it happen???? My bets are that nothing will happen.....
Old 02-21-2002, 04:47 PM   #76
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Someone that has ESPN insider go checkout what their saying. There a link on the front page about Howard going to Denver but you gotta be an insider. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2002, 04:47 PM   #77
foglemann
Golden Member

we have an hour and ten minutes, don't get too excited, there is a little time
Old 02-21-2002, 04:48 PM   #78
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, what's the word?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:48 PM   #79
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

at least if van exel gets in trouble polynice could just arrest him...we wouldnt even need to call the cops [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2002, 04:48 PM   #80
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'm agree Maringa, I don't think anything will happen.