Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-20-2003, 04:09 PM   #41
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

And the trade deadline has come and gone and the Lakers still wouldn't get a playoff spot if the season ended today. Oh well hope yo enjoy Kobe's nuts Lakermania.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:16 PM   #42
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Well... Kobe has to score 40+ to win all the games. How much longer he can keep that up? All the way to playoffs?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 04:23 PM   #43
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Tripledipping there is not enough sarcasm in your post for my liking. Good effort but poor result. I know u meant well.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #44
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Once again my attempt to impress has failed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #45
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<< Once again my attempt to impress has failed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] >>

LOL! Sounds exactly like the Mavs.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 04:49 PM   #46
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Actually it applies to the Lakers as well WOW. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No trade for Lakers = no title. Enjoy the mirage of your playoff chase. That's about all the excitement you get before O'Neal decides to take time off out of 'company time' again and Kobe won't score 40 every game.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:06 PM   #47
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

<< And the trade deadline has come and gone and the Lakers still wouldn't get a playoff spot if the season ended today. Oh well hope yo enjoy Kobe's nuts Lakermania. >>

The Lakers will get into the playoffs providing Shaq doesn't let us down. I feel comfortable with the Lakers matching up against the Mavs, can you say the same?

Still can't stop talking about Kobe eh? Wipe your mouth you have a little Kobe on it.

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 05:09 PM   #48
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

<<

<< And the trade deadline has come and gone and the Lakers still wouldn't get a playoff spot if the season ended today. Oh well hope yo enjoy Kobe's nuts Lakermania. >>

The Lakers will get into the playoffs providing Shaq doesn't let us down. I feel comfortable with the Lakers matching up against the Mavs, can you say the same?

Still can't stop talking about Kobe eh? Wipe your mouth you have a little Kobe on it.
>>

We're not the 3 time defending champs... YOU are. So what if you get into the playoffs and win a series or two. You're still a failure when you get beat by the Queens or Spurs or JailBlazers.
And yes, I feel comfortable to watch Mavs play a series with Lakers.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:11 PM   #49
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<< Actually it applies to the Lakers as well WOW. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No trade for Lakers = no title. Enjoy the mirage of your playoff chase. That's about all the excitement you get before O'Neal decides to take time off out of 'company time' again and Kobe won't score 40 every game.
>>

In case you missed it the Lakers haven't tried to impress anyone, especially their fans, durring the regular since 2000.

As far as a trade it's been stated over and over again from camp Lala land that no impact trade was being considered. PJ feels it's too difficult to work an impact player into the mix this late into the season. Knowing the money issues with LA I wasn't hoping for a major trade, not to mention every othe franchise in the league knows better than to give the Lakers a little help. Mitch and PJ said early on when the Lakers where at their worse that they owed it the current players to try and win it again without rocking the boat.

The playoff chase will be much more exciting now that Seattle has made a decent upgrade, cause I've thought all along Houston's gonna fade (GS is a bigger worry). I'll take that excitment over the excitment of creating excuses for losing to the elite teams in the league or the excitment of getting bounced in the 2nd round AGAIN.

Old 02-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #50
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

2 years ago we were lottery team and now we MUST be the best? Save the rhetoric when you can't defend the title with the same squad.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:43 PM   #51
WayOutWest
Golden Member

<< 2 years ago we were lottery team and now we MUST be the best? Save the rhetoric when you can't defend the title with the same squad. >>

Should probably read:
Save the rhetoric FOR when you can't defend the title FOR THE FOURTH CONSECUTIVE TIME with the same squad.

LOL! Must be tough knowing you don't have the personnel to win it all despite the large payroll. In all honesty I like the Mavs, there isn't a player on your team I don't like. It's just pretty obvious your crew doesn't have what it takes to win it all. Unless the Mavs are going to write a new page in NBA History of a jumpshooting team with poor defense and soft rebounding, they will go no futher than a playoff matchup with the Kings, Lakers or Spurs. Heck even Portland looks like an elite killer right now.

Old 02-20-2003, 05:59 PM   #52
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Well... agreed we don't have the right players to reach the next level. All the small-ballin' ain't gonna get us over the hump that's for sure.
Glad to know you like Mavs players... as long as it's not some man-love. I have no problem with anyone in Lakers' squad too... minus O'Neal only because he's one undedicated and lazy guy with a no-so-smart mouth.
Do you happened to watch PTI (pardon the interruption) yesterday? They were discussing if O'Neal looks bad now because he's not sucking up to play thru injury while Kobe does. I kinda agree...
Old 02-20-2003, 06:12 PM   #53
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

>>

Lakermania I wouldn't wipe my ass with Kobe much less my mouth. That prima donna is all yours. and as far as meeting the Fakers in the playoffs, not worries here mate.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:14 PM   #54
WayOutWest
Golden Member

<< Well... agreed we don't have the right players to reach the next level. All the small-ballin' ain't gonna get us over the hump that's for sure.
Glad to know you like Mavs players... as long as it's not some man-love. I have no problem with anyone in Lakers' squad too... minus O'Neal only because he's one undedicated and lazy guy with a no-so-smart mouth.
Do you happened to watch PTI (pardon the interruption) yesterday? They were discussing if O'Neal looks bad now because he's not sucking up to play thru injury while Kobe does. I kinda agree...
>>

I'm really pissed at fat lazy O'Neil especially when I think about this season being dedicated to Chick Herns. But I'm not buying that Kobe's injury is as bad as he and the LA media are making it out to be, although I wish Shaq had half of Kobe's dedication.

On another note:
You can kiss your playoff hopes goodbye [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Here's the story:
http://212.190.116.226/news.php?5Sv2rcbw

Old 02-21-2003, 09:30 AM   #55
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Haha that's a good one. I saw one about Britney Spears dead in a car crash. Scary thing is I actually jumped for joy thinking it was true. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 07:43 AM   #56
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

<<
LOL! Must be tough knowing you don't have the personnel to win it all despite the large payroll. In all honesty I like the Mavs, there isn't a player on your team I don't like. It's just pretty obvious your crew doesn't have what it takes to win it all. Unless the Mavs are going to write a new page in NBA History of a jumpshooting team with poor defense and soft rebounding, they will go no futher than a playoff matchup with the Kings, Lakers or Spurs. Heck even Portland looks like an elite killer right now.
>>

BUMP [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 10:58 AM   #57
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

f* Kobe...and f* this thread.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:22 PM   #58
LRB
Guru

F Kobe and his fake booty hair injuries!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 02:42 PM   #59
WayOutWest
Golden Member

LOL scooter! Webbers ACL got me off the hook in the last series but if the Mavs beat the Spurs in this series I'll have to dig up some good &quot;crow&quot; recipes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I still think the Spurs will pull it out but the Mavs have done alot of growing up in the first two rounds. Not really rooting for or against anyone in the west, right now the only ones I'm rooting for is former Laker B. Scott and the Nets.

Good luck! I want to see Bowen go to the line 50 times 2nite!

Old 07-19-2003, 12:04 AM   #60
scooterj5
Golden Member

Default Another Kobe Thread

"I'm not a rapist, I'm an adulterer!"
Old 07-19-2003, 07:44 AM   #61
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

"This is between God and my wife."
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 11:34 AM   #62
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Another Kobe Thread

"Obey your thirst"

Old 07-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #63
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

"Please, baby......stay the hell away from Jackie Christie."
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 04:24 PM   #64
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That's cold.....

Kobe is an freaking idiot of gargantuan proportions though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:34 PM   #65
scooterj5
Golden Member

Default RE: Another Kobe Thread

Funny how last year, everyone slammed Iverson for allegedly doing _____ and then he was found innocent on every single charge. Now Kobe admits to cheating on his wife (possibly more) and the media are screaming "innocent until proven guilty"