Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default u2daughterevo1's first Basketball game

Thought I would share some exciting (for me anyway) news about my oldest daughter. She played in her first Basketball game last night. Her team had some veterans (played previous seasons) so she didn't start but she did get heavy minutes nonetheless. Her team pulled out a victory with a final score of......

are you ready for this?

ARE YOU SURE?

12 to NOTHING!!!!!

The league is weird. They have 4 practice sessions then games start and no more practices. I was getting frustrated during the practice sessions because they didn't even work on shooting. It was all about defense and the guard being able to penetrate and pass. Well, last night I figured out why. These are 11 year old girls. Not alot of shooting is very successful. If I didn't have a vested interest in this game it would probably be just as exciting to watch paint dry. But because our team was so defensively focused the other team maybe shot 4 shots the entire 28 minutes played, none going in. They did finally practice free throws during warm ups last night. Our team shot 4 free throws, none going in and the other team shot 2.

We have a ringer on our team. It's a girl that just moved here from Boston that has played since she could walk (her father was a college player and has taught her well). She schooled the other team and scored 8 of the 12 points. We also have 2.... how do I put this nicely..... large(?) players that look like towers compared to the girls on the other team. I see total domination from our team this year. Undefeated! They play 10 games so I'm trying to get the rights to the 10-0.com domain.