Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2001, 08:08 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

If you know of (or have) an icon you'd like to see on this board, go ahead and post them in this thread. Either provide a link or e-mail them to me so I can post them.

You can also make requests in this thread.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2001, 09:14 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

DJ, could you post the ones we had posted before? So the new members can see those [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 10:26 AM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I think big_pth posted the others, but here's the one dallmav suggested last time (which I still need to check for permission on):

Old 03-09-2001, 03:37 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I was quite pleased with the "Demon" icon... It goes with myname quite well...
Old 03-09-2001, 04:23 PM   #5
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

ah, yes...the icons...

Old 03-09-2001, 04:30 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

Thx for the re-post big_pth!
Old 03-09-2001, 04:34 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Hey big_pth, do you have one that has the full logo? With the grey shield behind it.

Old 03-09-2001, 04:35 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

I'll probably make some new icons once I finish the site. I still need to ask Cuban for permission to use those logos though, but if he says it's ok, I'll make one with the shield.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:14 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

<bump> for all the new members

If there's an icon you'd like me to add, be sure to post it in this thread so we can all take a look!

(I'm a graphic designer by nature, so don't be mad if I think an icon is ugly and reject it - I can be a picky sob but I'll try my best to accomodate everyone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])
Old 03-14-2001, 06:09 AM   #10
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Here is the full logo one...Sorry it took so long, I'm trying to get a better image...

Old 03-14-2001, 08:44 AM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Cool, thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-14-2001, 08:24 PM   #12
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

The Evilmav located a nice skull icon and I am attempting to post it here for suggestion...

Old 03-14-2001, 10:05 PM   #13
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Let me know what you think about this one...
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:16 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Was everyone able to see the ape icon? I can't see Mavinator's skull icon. I can see my ape however. I created the link to the file on my C: drive. I don't think I ever uploaded anything to the server. If this didn't work, someone please let me know how to do it correctly.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:18 PM   #15
big_pth
Diamond Member

Hey...I like the little red "x" in the box...
Old 03-14-2001, 10:18 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

You need to upload it somewhere on the Net (like a geocities page or something).
Old 03-14-2001, 10:20 PM   #17
big_pth
Diamond Member

It needs to be in a spot where people can see it...Like mine are posted on my site http://www.dallasmavs.net

If you want, you can send it to me, and I will post it.

big_pth@dallasmavs.net
Old 03-15-2001, 12:12 PM   #18
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Hmm... I had it working yesterday... here's the URL where I uploaded it:

http://hammer.prohosting.com/~shrewus/skull.gif
Old 03-15-2001, 12:15 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

Old 03-15-2001, 12:17 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

It looks a little fuzzy..do you have a bigger, sharper copy of it?
Old 03-15-2001, 12:57 PM   #21
Mavinator
Golden Member

The Evilmav sent it to me as a .ico file, and I crudely used a screenshot to convert it into a .gif file to post here... I tried uploading the .ico file, but it doesn't seem to work right. I can email you the original file if you like...
Old 03-15-2001, 12:58 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

If anyone wants me post up an icon, just send me the file [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2001, 01:00 PM   #23
Mavinator
Golden Member

See, that would have made sense...
Old 03-15-2001, 01:31 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

Mavinator's icon:

Old 03-15-2001, 04:03 PM   #25
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

DJ, is there any way you could make Mavinators' skull icon my signature icon? Mavinator is a little more experienced with HTML, so I got him to figure out how to post it (I am not a smart man, and I could not get it to work yesterday). I love the "Devil" icon I have been using, but it is only a matter of time before another poster decides to employ it, and I like to be an individual... Thanks, and I'll get you a sample player profile by tomorrow...
Old 03-15-2001, 04:07 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

Unfortunately there's no way I can implement user-specific icons (an icon that only one user may use). Sorry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2001, 04:08 PM   #27
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Oh well... How can I change to the skull? I went to the profile option, and checked the icons, but the new icon was not there... I am probably overlooking something obvious, so please forgive my ignorance...
Old 03-15-2001, 04:21 PM   #28
djb
Administrator

It's not available as an option yet since the icons posted in this thread are just suggestions that might or might not be added. The pic is a little small and grainy..do you have any that are larger and sharper? Since these are icons that will be available to everyone on the board, only the ones with the best quality will be added. I hate to sound picky but I'm a design freak and everything on this site will have to be the best [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2001, 04:56 PM   #29
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

hehe...found this one. I think you have to get permission to use it permanently though.

Old 03-15-2001, 05:00 PM   #30
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with some of the icons that I found in my searches... I will keep looking, and hopefully I can find some better "evil" icons... Since you can't have dedicated icons I can see how you have to maintain the overall quality of the icon options...
Old 03-15-2001, 05:02 PM   #31
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Incidentally, are you the "Mavericks Crusader" on the MFFL ESPN.com challenge? If you are not, what is your moniker? Also, can you support animated icons?
Old 03-15-2001, 07:41 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

From BBL:

Old 03-16-2001, 08:53 AM   #33
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh, the celtic tree of life... i didn't think it would show up that well.
Old 03-16-2001, 12:54 PM   #34
big_pth
Diamond Member

Bart the Raven: "Eat my shorts"

Old 03-16-2001, 12:57 PM   #35
djb
Administrator

You must be psychic big_pth cuz I was actually thinking of adding Simpsons icons [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hmm maybe icons isn't the correct word..most icons available are pretty small and pixelated. Was thinking of maybe finding some good images and editing them down to icon sizes
Old 03-16-2001, 01:00 PM   #36
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I found alot of Simpsons icon's yesterday. If ya want Simpson icon, I'll post 'em (If I can find them again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] ).

Old 03-16-2001, 01:05 PM   #37
big_pth
Diamond Member

All dressed up...the Looney toon penguin...
Old 03-16-2001, 01:05 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

Grabbed this off another board. It's actually a variation of one of the current icons.

Old 03-16-2001, 01:10 PM   #39
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

postem' Rob...I would love to be Homer.

"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:10 PM   #40
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Damn, I can't find them. I'll keep looking.

When you say "cutting them down to size". You mean like a gif image down to the size we have?(I'm sooo computer illiterate [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ). I think I found 2 that evilmav might like(I like them too) but there BIG.