Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavericks Outsider Report

In this thread
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36487
I announced that I would begin hosting a weekly 2-hour NBA radio show which would be available via podcast. This coming week will be my third show. tcat075 had the idea of considering shifting the show to an entirely Mavs-centric podcast.

I do have some assets at my disposal: I did conduct and interview with Mike Fisher on my first episode, speaking with Michael Duggat from db.com in the next few days and *crossing fingers* I'm going to be speaking with Mark Followill to discuss Mavs and NBA events. It's a decent starting point but I want to continue it. I'm hoping I can keep the connections good and continue building them up. I know the contributions I'm making to Mavs Moneyball is helping the cause as well. The guys on db.com have mentioned to me they really like the work that is going on there and hope it can continue to develop in the right direction.

So my question(s) to you would be: Can I count on your guys to help be the listeners to the show? What kind of format would you like the show to be in? etc. etc. It would be a show for you guys so I would definitely want your input!
My initial idea would be to have the obvious interviews wherever I can get them, take a good chunk of the show looking back at the previous week's events and then the rest looking forward to the next week. Scattering some news from the NBA that does have an influence on the Mavs. For example, looking a trade that happens inside the division or the conference, CP3 rumors, etc. etc.

This probably wouldn't fully transition (if it does) until closer to training camp b/c it's impossible to make a two hours Mavs-based show RIGHT NOW. Sorry if this comes off as celebrating me, that's not my intention at all! I know everyone on here is hungry for Mavs information and I think I've found a niche that I really enjoy doing and I want further enhance things for everyone and anyone who is interested.

Plus...this gives us something new to talk about