Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-31-2016, 03:15 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ESPNSteinLine: Seven snubs from the 10 players averaging a double-double entering Thursday: P. Gasol, Dwight, DeAndre, K-Love, Rondo, Zaza and Whiteside

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2016, 07:04 PM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

‏@espn_macmahon:

Tyson Chandler on Zaza Pachulia, his replacement as the Mavs' starting center: "I love Zaza. I think Zaza his entire career has been a great center. Now he's in a situation where he's around vets and a great coaching staff to where you can just go out there and do your job. It's funny. Last year when I was here, I told them, You need to go get Zaza so we can have a one-two punch, so he can be my backup.'" With a laugh, Chandler added, "You know how that s--- goes.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #43
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I hate how the Mavs are losing him to Golden State. He'll be missed. I look forward to the Zaza Pachulia appreciation thread. I hope they keep him for the full season so he gets a ring. I feel that he deserves it.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #44
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Zaza. Will most likely get a ring while contributing.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #45
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Dang for only 2.9 mil which is the room I suppose? Wish we could have kept him for that.
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #46
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

If I knew all he was gonna cost was 2 million I would've wanted him back. Especially over Bogut.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:34 PM   #47
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

I think he could have been Bogut's backup. Bogut is good for 20-25 minutes only. (if he's not injured)
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #48
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

2M is his discount for starting gig on a championship team. Not the price the Mavs would have needed to pay.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
He only got two minutes on Saturday. Perhaps he just can't play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
2M is his discount for starting gig on a championship team. Not the price the Mavs would have needed to pay.
That and I want no part of him. How quickly we forget how much he destroyed us. Mediocre rebounder, sub-par defensive player with no rim protection and no mobility. Rick also had a serious man-crush on him to the point he'd still get PT even when he was -16 or -19 while Mejri was forcing runs and going +10 and couldn't get off the bench. I hate to wish him gone, but I know if he were here it would mean a ton of DNP-CDs for Mejri and Hammons.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:15 PM   #50
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
That and I want no part of him. How quickly we forget how much he destroyed us. Mediocre rebounder, sub-par defensive player with no rim protection and no mobility. Rick also had a serious man-crush on him to the point he'd still get PT even when he was -16 or -19 while Mejri was forcing runs and going +10 and couldn't get off the bench. I hate to wish him gone, but I know if he were here it would mean a ton of DNP-CDs for Mejri and Hammons.
I'm not putting that solely on Zaza. He was clearly limited and RC got everything out of him in the first half of the season yet continued to Thibs his ass into the ground. He shouldn't have been on the floor but he was the ultimate teammate and extremely appreciative of Dirk and the city of Dallas. I loved his enthusiasm and seeing him get fired up on the floor.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #51
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I feel like Zaza is going to ruin their chemistry. One thing I noticed when he played here was when he'd get in these moods mad at guys. Or that time when Parsons got mad when he touched his hair I think. Which could resort golden state to start Green at center eventually lol next season should be interesting.

Last edited by yahyes; 07-04-2016 at 09:20 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:17 AM   #52
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I feel like Zaza is going to ruin their chemistry. One thing I noticed when he played here was when he'd get in these moods mad at guys. Or that time when Parsons got mad when he touched his hair I think. Which could resort golden state to start Green at center eventually lol next season should be interesting.
lol....Zaza Pachulia isn't going to ruin anything for GS.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:24 AM   #53
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wth are you talking about? Have you read anything he's said over the past year. The exact opposite of everything you typed.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:41 AM   #54
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
wth are you talking about? Have you read anything he's said over the past year. The exact opposite of everything you typed.
Honestly Zaza made Dalembert look like a Mavericks hall of famer comparing their 1 season here. Don't get me wrong about how Zaza is able to push around down low. But the guy lacks a lot of BBIQ. Not to mention I know a lot of us insisted Mejri should start over him after the all star break. So it's really a big upgrade we moved on from him to have Bogut replace him.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:00 AM   #55
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see him gone. Nothing against him, just does not fit what Mavs need. He was a bailout last summer after DeAndra drama and Jason Kidd did Mavs a favor.

GSW's defense is going to be hilarious. Then again, they probably have no need for it. I do think they will miss Bogut a lot.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #56
Underdog

Good for Zaza, soon-to-be NBA Champion.

Not a great fit, but he seemed like a great guy.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:02 AM   #57
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly Zaza made Dalembert look like a Mavericks hall of famer comparing their 1 season here. Don't get me wrong about how Zaza is able to push around down low. But the guy lacks a lot of BBIQ. Not to mention I know a lot of us insisted Mejri should start over him after the all star break. So it's really a big upgrade we moved on from him to have Bogut replace him.
I'd argue that Zaza is one of the smarter bigs in the league. He doesn't get by with athleticism, but he's smart about attacking angles, setting off ball screens, among other things. I could be wrong, but I don't recall many people demanding him being benched in favor of Mejri right after the AS break. Hell, Zaza almost made the all star team because of his play during the first half of the year. He was a double double machine.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:22 AM   #58
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Hell, Zaza almost made the all star team because of Wyclef Jean
Fixed.

But seriously I agree with you that he is a smart player.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote