Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-30-2022, 05:32 PM   #761
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Wow so tampering is only a 2nd round pick? Man...if that's all it is no wonder teams do it. That's not much of a penalty.
Yeah no kidding. Start taking away 1st rounders and see what happens. Like that fiasco the Timberwolves had with Joe Smith back in the day.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2022, 05:32 PM   #762
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
What the fuck is Brunson mad about?? That he didn't get a $55m offer from a team that is now offering him double?? Isn't that every player's dream? To play themselves into a better deal??

All of this talk about JB feeling slighted is bullshit and posturing to cover the nepotism and tampering, and shield JB from the criticism for downgrading his squad.
I don't understand that position. If the guy just said "Aye I want to go to the Knicks to play in the Garden" or "I want to dominate the ball more"....I mean that would be a good enough of excuse. I honestly don't think he cares about how he looks because its not coming across well honestly.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:33 PM   #763
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Yeah no kidding. Start taking away 1st rounders and see what happens. Like that fiasco the Timberwolves had with Joe Smith back in the day.
Yeah if it netted a 1st rounder I bet you teams would sit their ass down and wait it out to prevent the tampering claim. Just wow. And I do remember Joe Smith....why did it feel like they lost a lot more than that? I remember at the time thinking they lost a lot.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:34 PM   #764
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean, I want Schroder. I feel like he comes quite close to making up for the loss of Brunson, but apparently the Mavs don't agree.
He would definitely sure up some of that JB loss. I'd be interested in Shroder too. Similar offensive potential but Dennis is a little better defender.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:34 PM   #765
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I kind of wanted Bamba....didn't cost nearly as much as I expected it too.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:35 PM   #766
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Mavs seem to be about the only team that follows tampering rules, and yet they're usually left outside while it's raining when free agency hits.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:35 PM   #767
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah if it netted a 1st rounder I bet you teams would sit their ass down and wait it out to prevent the tampering claim. Just wow. And I do remember Joe Smith....why did it feel like they lost a lot more than that? I remember at the time thinking they lost a lot.
They lost FIVE first rounders at first, but the league eventually returned two of them. So three first rounders in the end. The league came down on them HARD. I guarantee if the league treated tampering that way, the shit would calm down quick.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:36 PM   #768
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After seeing what Portis and PJ Tucker just got....I don't even know if I can answer this question lol...I'm guessing Malik Monk and GP2 are going to get far more than I'm expecting them too.
Right? And Anfernee Simon's getting a boat load sheesh

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:38 PM   #769
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap, Rockets about to get PAID

Salman Ali
@SalmanAliNBA
?
3h
As a reminder, the Houston Rockets own Brooklyn?s:

2023 first round pick (swap rights)
2024 first round pick
2025 first round pick (swap rights)
2026 first round pick
2027 first round pick (swap rights)

The Nets were also kind enough to leave all of them unprotected.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:39 PM   #770
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Jesus, $104 million for Brunson. WAY cheaper than expected. This is ridiculous.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:41 PM   #771
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
about 8 minutes ago
Roughly 30 deals in the first half-hour #thisleague
Old 06-30-2022, 05:42 PM   #772
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
He ain?t worth that. Knicks being dumb. Plus he wasn?t going to sign here. Played us
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:42 PM   #773
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I kind of wanted Bamba....didn't cost nearly as much as I expected it too.
Still more than the 6.5mill we had
Old 06-30-2022, 05:43 PM   #774
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Really? That's about what I thought he was going to get.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:43 PM   #775
JustJay

StatMuse @statmuse
1 minute ago
Oladipo last three seasons: 17.1 PPG 4.8 RPG 3.9 APG 1.1 SPG 60 games Staying with the Heat. pic.twitter.com/r90CMrvqhh
Old 06-30-2022, 05:44 PM   #776
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What the fuck is Brunson mad about?? That he didn't get a $55m offer from a team that is now offering him double?? Isn't that every player's dream? To play themselves into a better deal??

All of this talk about JB feeling slighted is bullshit and posturing to cover the nepotism and tampering, and shield JB from the criticism for downgrading his squad.
Exactly. A player that goes out of their way to tamper with daddy and agent must really not have liked it here. I don't give two shits what the "reported" previous offer or lack of one there was. You just made it to the WCF with the best player in the league. And you have the gall to reneg on a meeting last minute? I'm not a fan of how the FO dealt with this, but Brunson was too good to even give them the time of day.

Those 11/3/2 games he has are going to look bad with that kinda money.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:44 PM   #777
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic View Post
Really? That's about what I thought he was going to get.
Everything I saw said at least $110M.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:45 PM   #778
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Offer money doesn't go up when there are no other bidders allowed. Even if Brunson wanted the knicks, he coulda easily gotten more after listening to ours or Miami's offer.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:46 PM   #779
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Exactly. A player that goes out of their way to tamper with daddy and agent must really not have liked it here. I don't give two shits what the "reported" previous offer or lack of one there was. You just made it to the WCF with the best player in the league. And you have the gall to reneg on a meeting last minute? I'm not a fan of how the FO dealt with this, but Brunson was too good to even give them the time of day.

Those 11/3/2 games he has are going to look bad with that kinda money.
Yup. That's why I'm not hearing any of this, "don't be mad, at least he didn't string us along!" talk. It sounds that like that's exactly what he did.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:49 PM   #780
JustJay

Bradley Beal staying with the Wizards.

I can't remember such a good player staying with such a bad team.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:52 PM   #781
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Problem is that most of the league is tampering. 30 deals in the first thirty minutes? Come on.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:55 PM   #782
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Problem is that most of the league is tampering. 30 deals in the first thirty minutes? Come on.
If you're not tampering, you're not trying?
Old 06-30-2022, 06:00 PM   #783
JustJay

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
1 minute ago
Free agent G Patty Mills has agreed to return to the Brooklyn Nets on a two-year, $14.5M deal, his agent Steven Heumann of @CAA_Basketball tells ESPN.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:01 PM   #784
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Out of 37 guards that took at least 200 shots between 3 and 10 feet in 2021-22, Jalen Brunson ranked 1st in efficiency, hitting 57.5% - nearly 10 points higher than the NBA average for guards (47.8%)

Schroeder is nowhere near this. Go look at that chart. https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/s...cwljIU9auuJpng

Luka, Brunson and Wood could have been unstoppable next season.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:03 PM   #785
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Haynes: Free agent forward Thaddeus Young has reached an agreement with the Toronto Raptors on a two-year, $16 million deal with the addition of performance incentives, his agents Jim Tanner and Max Wiepking of @Tandem Sports tell @YahooSports. ? via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

Derek Bodner: Trevelin Queen?s deal with the Sixers is a two-year contract with a partial guarantee ($300k) in 2022-23, I?m told. ? via Twitter DerekBodnerNBA

Tim Reynolds: Dewayne Dedmon will return to the Miami Heat on a two-year deal worth about $9 million, though there are conditional protections on the second year, source tells AP. ? via Twitter ByTimReynolds

Shams Charania: Free agent Davon Reed has agreed to a two-year deal to return to the Denver Nuggets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent G Luguentz Dort has agreed to a five-year, $87.5M deal to stay with the Oklahoma City Thunder, his agent Thad Foucher of Wasserman tells ESPN. ? via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Chris Boucher is returning to the Toronto Raptors on a three-year, $35.25M deal, his agent Sam Permut of @Roc Nation Sports tells ESPN. ? via Twitter wojespn

Chris Haynes: Free agent forward Nicolas Batum has reached an agreement with the Los Angeles Clippers on a two-year, $22 million deal, league sources tell @YahooSports . ? via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

Michael Scotto: Joe Ingles has agreed to a one-year, $6.5 million deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, agent Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports told @hoopshype . ? via Twitter MikeAScotto

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent C Damian Jones has agreed to a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell ESPN. ? via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Amir Coffey has agreed to a three-year, $11M deal with the Clippers, his agents Bill Duffy and Marlon Harrison of @BDA Sports and WME Sports tell ESPN. ? via Twitter wojespn

Shams Charania: Free agent Wesley Matthews has agreed to a one-year deal to return to the Milwaukee Bucks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:03 PM   #786
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Woj:

Brunson met with Mavs and is about to meet with Knicks.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:03 PM   #787
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent G Tyus Jones is returning to the Memphis Grizzlies on a two-year, $30M deal, his agent Kevin Bradbury of @REP1Basketball tells ESPN. ? via Twitter wojespn
Old 06-30-2022, 06:04 PM   #788
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Out of 37 guards that took at least 200 shots between 3 and 10 feet in 2021-22, Jalen Brunson ranked 1st in efficiency, hitting 57.5% - nearly 10 points higher than the NBA average for guards (47.8%)

Schroeder is nowhere near this. Go look at that chart. https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/s...cwljIU9auuJpng

Luka, Brunson and Wood could have been unstoppable next season.
Well apparently the Mavs think guards aren't that big a deal.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:05 PM   #789
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania: Free agent center DeAndre Jordan has agreed to a deal with the Denver Nuggets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania
Old 06-30-2022, 06:06 PM   #790
BPo001
Diamond Member

Ouch

Adrian Wojnarowski: BREAKING: Memphis Grizzlies F Jaren Jackson Jr., underwent surgery to repair a stress fracture in his right foot on Wednesday and is expected to be sidelined for 4-to-6 months, sources tell ESPN. Jackson is expected to make a full recovery. ? via Twitter wojespn
Old 06-30-2022, 06:06 PM   #791
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Woj:

Brunson met with Mavs and is about to meet with Knicks.
Free agent guard Jalen Brunson, armed with a five-year, $106M-plus Mavericks offer, is headed into a meeting with the New York Knicks within the hour, sources tell ESPN.

What the hell?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:07 PM   #792
JustJay

Old 06-30-2022, 06:08 PM   #793
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Free agent guard Jalen Brunson, armed with a five-year, $106M-plus Mavericks offer, is headed into a meeting with the New York Knicks within the hour, sources tell ESPN.

What the hell?
Good lord, I might as well just go to be early and come back tomorrow when anyone actually knows what the fuck is going on.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:08 PM   #794
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent guard Jalen Brunson, armed with a five-year, $106M-plus Mavericks offer, is headed into a meeting with the New York Knicks within the hour, sources tell ESPN. 14 seconds ago ? via Twitter wojespn
Old 06-30-2022, 06:09 PM   #795
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:

What the hell?
Seriously though, if he's gonna leave anyway, at least make the Knicks pay out the nose. Don't just let them have him the price they want.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:10 PM   #796
JustJay

So don't trust reporters outside WOJ and Stein?

Not much has changed in 10 years.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:11 PM   #797
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:

This confuses me too. He sour because Mavs FO made a bad decision, and is now offering nearly double that to keep him?
Old 06-30-2022, 06:12 PM   #798
JustJay

Michael Scotto @MikeAScotto
1 minute ago
The Los Angeles Lakers and Lonnie Walker have agreed to a one-year, $6.5 million deal, agent Lucas Newton and Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul told @Jorge Sierra.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:12 PM   #799
BPo001
Diamond Member

Callie Caplan: Hectic start to NBA free agency, but don?t get too worked up about the Mavs? relative quiet. Source: ?Right now we?re waiting to see the ripple effect from the KD request.? Aren?t we all. ? via Twitter CallieCaplan
Old 06-30-2022, 06:13 PM   #800
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
This confuses me too. He sour because Mavs FO made a bad decision, and is now offering nearly double that to keep him?
Apparently he actually DID meet with the Mavs, so we have no idea what the fuck is going on. Someone wake me up when he actually signs a deal.