Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Official Game 6 GDT: Mavs v. Spurs

I've saved all my MOJO this season for the one game I thought our beloved little Mavs would need it.

I'm bringing out the guns early in hopes of channeling all our positive energy for the little Mavericks. Its time to smash some Spurs. Let's get it on.

Mavs 119
Spurs 92

Top 3 Excuses for Spurs fans after they lose the game.
1. Fire Pop.
2. We would have won if we weren't screwed out of 2 games.
3. F Nick Van Exel and Finley.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 99-90...

F'em...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
Dirk Bomb

Dirk Bomb will become famous soon enoughDirk Bomb will become famous soon enough

Remember when Nick was 'Nick the Quick'

what a joke he has been this series...
Dirk Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
Dirk Bomb

Dirk Bomb will become famous soon enoughDirk Bomb will become famous soon enough

Mavs 107
Spurs 94
Dirk Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #5
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Bomb
Mavs 107
Spurs 94
Nick is Fat. Mavs 98-90.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Lets go Mavs!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Mavs 102 Spurs 90

Daniels 28 pts (if he starts)
Dirk 35 and 15

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #8
Gomavs06

Gomavs06 is on a distinguished road

Who is going to pick up the slack for Terry tommorrow? Is Armstrong healthy enough to play?
Gomavs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

We are going to punch the Spurs in their collective, proverbial gonads. We will beat them like the dirty, drunken hobos that they are. We will take their mothers out for a nice seafood dinner and never call them again.

F*** the Spurs. F*** them up their stupid ***es.

It is our time.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Tommorow night = career games for both Daniels and Harris.

Its going to be game 7 of the first round last year all over again.

Mavs 109 - Spurs 89
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #11
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

I feel bad for the Spurs. They will have no chance after the Terry incident. Everybody (if possible) will give an extra percent of energy. Fans will go NUTS.

95-88 Mavs
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #12
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Not in our house....not under these circumstances...spurts dont have a chance...Mavs win big...15+ point victory!
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:38 AM   #13
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

F the Spurs.
F Michael Finley.
F David Stern.
F Stu Jackson.
F the refs.
F the NBA.
F the broadcasting networks.
F the ratings.
F the suspension.
F the explaination.
F the consequences.
F playing a game 7.

F this series, Mavericks!

May this GDT mojo be MALICIOUS IN NATURE and VINDICATING IN RESULT!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:51 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
F the Spurs.
F Michael Finley.
F David Stern.
F Stu Jackson.
F the refs.
F the NBA.
F the broadcasting networks.
F the ratings.
F the suspension.
F the explaination.
F the consequences.
F playing a game 7.

F this series, Mavericks!

May this GDT mojo be MALICIOUS IN NATURE and VINDICATING IN RESULT!!
Hell yes...What he said!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #15
kenny9

kenny9 will become famous soon enough

you know throughout this series i've been going the alternate route...i've been telling myself and all my friends who tells me mavs are going to win...that we wont win....so that i dont set myself up for a dissapointment...but u know what..it still hurts when the mavs are losing the game...and the mavs kept coming back and winning...i believe in this team, i believe in the coach..i believe in our mvp....it ends here...nuff saying we'll lose hoping to win (reverse psychology)....mavs are going to put an end to the spurs tomorrow...no more TD -"u even blow me and i will scream for a foul"...no more flopping ginobli whos worse than any flop hollywood movie...and there are tons...mavs come out strong...i think u'll see it in dirk's eyes tomorrow...if he comes out and hits his first shot by attacking first...then we're in for a special nite..because he will want to end this..i saw it in his eyes during game 5....even before bowen blocked him he was in a zonk...he was going to knock that shot that he did not care who was around him...that block brought him back to earth and made him mortal again...but hes not going to let that happen again..look for him to get harris and howard started....and keep the motor running...RUN RUN RUN mavs by 10-15! I'll be here in california..but i hope the AAC is so loud that the whole nation heres it...so loud that we wouldnt have to hear the dumb espn announcers! as the mav pa announcer will scream..MAVS FAN ON UR FEET!
kenny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #16
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is Dirk when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Justice and righteous shall reign furious.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:11 PM   #17
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is Dirk when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Justice and righteous shall reign furious.
This is great. Nice Pulp Fiction reference
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:58 AM   #18
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably saying this because I am the biggest Quisy fan alive, but Avery is pretty much forced now to give Quisy most of those minutes. Due to being thrust in the spotlight and finally having a chance to showcase his skills on the big stage, he responds by exploding in Game 6 and contributing to what will be another close Mavs win.

Mavs 102 - Spurs 97

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:07 AM   #19
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I'm probably saying this because I am the biggest Quisy fan alive, but Avery is pretty much forced now to give Quisy most of those minutes. Due to being thrust in the spotlight and finally having a chance to showcase his skills on the big stage, he responds by exploding in Game 6 and contributing to what will be another close Mavs win.

Mavs 102 - Spurs 97

I think Quis will have a big game but at the same time I can see AJ giving Stack a good 42 minutes tommorow night at the 2 spot. For whateve reason AJ doesn't have faith in Marquis.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:02 AM   #20
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quise will have a big game and help us win if AJ lets him play. I expect 25 or 30 from him. And if not from him...than from Howard because Quis will make it easier for Howard out there.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 05-19-2006, 01:09 AM   #21
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

If he gives those minutes to Stack than i am afraid we will lose. Stack should still get his reg minutes..but Quis need to play.

........GO MAVS
Old 05-19-2006, 01:12 AM   #22
kenny9

kenny9 will become famous soon enough

btw just a lil note...i have noticed finley always has big games when the crowd is going nuts on him...with the mavs he always did it on the road....wcf game 5 in SA...game 2 last year in phx...game 3-4 vs houston...maybe thats one thing that feeds him...regardless...boo finley but over boo him....until he starts missing shots...then let it rip on him!
kenny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #23
antiks

antiks is on a distinguished road

F'EM!
antiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:30 AM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

lol, thanks for that.

anyway I loved the Cuban quote today on the radio-- he said that this team doesnt need a guy like nick any more to say f'em. The whole team has that attitude.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-19-2006 at 02:34 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:37 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That picture shows the fakest F'em that I have ever seen. Jason Terry is street? Gimme a break. He can't even hurt a guy when he has a free shot at his nuts.

Jason Terry is NOT street.

And people thought Stack was fake-tough. Terry makes Stack look like Patrick Bateman.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #26
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Terry makes Stack look like Patrick Bateman.
Ah chum, props to you for the American Psycho reference. Bankers are fierce!
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Terry is also a guy that grew up in Seattle and went to college in AZ and yet has a deep, southern accent
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #28
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

No excuses. Mavs by 8.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:15 AM   #29
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 116
Spurs 76
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #30
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

here we are...at destination spurs!!!
i'm from germany and i followed every single game (this year) via boxscore.we played a full season for the chance we'll have today...dirk has to come out and show the ******* spurs where they're at...AAC.It's our castle,we have defend it and dirk will be AGGRESSIVE!!!
Everyone has to step up....the game will be at 3.30 (am) in germany.I don't want to miss the battle so i will have to get up pretty early....i just do love our mavs. I am a believer!!!

Destroy'em...every single mavs-fan will join in the battle...F'em today...

cya
Old 05-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #31
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys... long time reader, but i've never posted before. decided that i'd see if this could help pull out a win.

dirk is going to be furious at everything on the court because of what happened to jet, he will go off for 31+.

marquis will not have as much of an impact as you guys think, only because avery doesnt like to play him... hopefully stack doesn't stink.

Mavs 103
Spurs 97

F'em
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #32
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by candid_snoop41
It's our castle
Euro-Street!!!
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #33
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Heres hoping Daniels can help out...If you have any mojo gear, lucky shirts, shorts, or such, tonight is the night for it.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #34
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Top 3 excuses for the Spurs after a 40pt clobbering by the Mavs tonight:

3. "Crowd was way too loud... ask Mr. Stern if you don't trust us!"

2. "It's immoral and unethical to display semi-naked pictures of Ms. Longoria while Mr. Parker was shooting FTs!"

1. "No one told us Mr. Daniels got game... or we'd never get Mr. Terry suspended!"
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #35
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

We're taking care of business today,the troops will rally and the world would get his answer.A new era has begun,there's a new dynasty in town.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #36
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

a dynasty for sure. think of how many of our key players are like 23-26... and dirk will be effective until he retires. think of a 7 foot reggie miller (worst case scenerio).
Old 05-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #37
joebobbill

joebobbill will become famous soon enoughjoebobbill will become famous soon enough

Mavs 98
Spurs 82

Starting lineup
Stack
Diop
Dirk
Harris
Howard
joebobbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 PM   #38
fluid.forty.one

by the way - the biggest reason i'm not worried about this game is that I believe we will get the benefit of the doubt on 99% of the "iffy" calls. home court, jet suspended, and last game the calls went to the spurs. not saying that effected the outcome, but it will help tonight.

even without the calls though we will still win, but it won't hurt.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #39
saturnring11

saturnring11 is on a distinguished road

I'm mad at the league, mad at the spurs and mad at finley. I'm sure the Mavs feel the same way. All they need to do is channel that energy into pummeling the spurs tonite. Boo them out of the AAC!

GO MAVS!!
saturnring11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #40
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Go Mavs, lets get the win.

The Will To Win

If you want a thing bad enough
To go out and fight for it,
Work day and night for it,
Give up your time and your peace and
your sleep for it

If only desire of it
Makes you quite mad enough
Never to tire of it,
Makes you hold all other things tawdry
and cheap for it

If life seems all empty and useless without it
And all that you scheme and you dream is about it,

If gladly you'll sweat for it,
Fret for it, Plan for it,
Lose all your terror of God or man for it,

If you'll simply go after that thing that you want.
With all your capacity,
Strength and sagacity,
Faith, hope and confidence, stern pertinacity,

If neither cold poverty, famished and gaunt,
Nor sickness nor pain
Of body or brain
Can turn you away from the thing that you want,

If dogged and grim you besiege and beset it,
You'll get it!

-- Berton Braley
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote