Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #41
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
No it isn't.

And neither is this.
hahaha
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #42
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Who wants to take a guess...everyone seems to buy the fact Duncan isn't "right", health wise.

So what is he at: 70, 80%..higher, lower?

And what adjustment(s) do you make for Game 2?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #43
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

This game was pretty fun. Even when we were down in the first half, I never felt like we were "out" of it. Carlisle has been known for bringing a balanced attack from all his players and it really showed it tonight, a good coach knows how to get production when playing to the players strengths. I'm proud of all our guys, they came out and played hard, just keep it up because the next game will be a lot tougher: Dirk will drop 32 with 12 rebounds, and even if he doesn't I feel like we will still have a chance to win, and that's a very good feeling.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
This game was pretty fun. Even when we were down in the first half, I never felt like we were "out" of it.
And when they had the lead at the end, I didn't ever have the feeling that they needed to hang on for dear life with the lead. I felt they were in control.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-19-2009 at 01:09 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #45
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Duncun seemed fine to me. The only reason he may be a little slow is because he is OLDER.

As for the adjustments, I think they will just come out hard defensively. I don't think they will stop double teaming Dirk and JET. They might try Bowen on Josh but I doubt it. Do they still have Oberto? Maybe they will try him on Dirk because I don't think Pop will be playing Bonner again after what Dirk did to him
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #46
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
Duncun seemed fine to me. The only reason he may be a little slow is because he is OLDER.

As for the adjustments, I think they will just come out hard defensively. I don't think they will stop double teaming Dirk and JET. They might try Bowen on Josh but I doubt it. Do they still have Oberto? Maybe they will try him on Dirk because I don't think Pop will be playing Bonner again after what Dirk did to him
They do have Oberto. It'd be something for Oberto, who basically really hasn't had anything close to steady minutes since Feb (if you want to be generous), to be the one who can just go 1 on 1 with Dirk.

I don't think they can try Bowen on Josh...they still see Jet as the option with Dirk they MUST contain. They're just going to come to the realization that they don't have enough pieces to slow all of our guys down. The Mavericks are the only ones who can slow the Mavericks down in this series.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:25 AM   #47
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oberto? Hmmmm.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:27 AM   #48
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I would love for them to stop doubling Dirk and try Oberto on him 1vs1, but that will never happen.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:28 AM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly...do they still have Oberto on their team?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:32 AM   #50
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Yup he's there.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #51
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hah, I was wondering about the same thing during the game. Then I saw him sitting on the bench.

Popovich will never put him on Dirk, not 1 on 1.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

I guess because Dirk would emasculate Oberto faster than Flaco would give up all essence of posting on Mavs.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 AM   #53
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Game 2 adjustments for Mavs:

Hollins on Parker (through switching on the pick and roll, rather than trapping).
Bass fronting Duncan when Damp is out.
Terry coming off more screens.
Kidd posting up Parker with purpose.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.

Last edited by bcrav4; 04-19-2009 at 01:56 AM.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:58 AM   #54
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

There's a lot to feel really good about in this game for Mavs fans.

Looking at this game, I really can't think of anything else that the Spurs could throw at the Mavs. Duncan got his points, Parker was able to penetrate, they shot lights out from the 3 point line, they played great defense on Dirk and Jet, basically eliminating them as a factor...

What else could San Antonio possibly do?

Meanwhile the Mavs top 3 players, Jet, Dirk, and Kidd didn't even really have a great game. Part of that was SA, part of that (Kidd) was that they were just a little off. And yet they still handled SA pretty convincingly.

The only way the Mavs get in trouble is if they have one of those games where everyone on the team just goes cold, but barring that man... it's hard not to see the Mavs winning this series after tonight's game.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #55
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
Terry coming off more screens.
They really do need to get Terry going.

I think someone above said that Bowen wasn't a factor... man I don't think that's true at all. He REALLY bothered Terry, he had Terry out of his game. Terry couldn't get free on the three point line all night, mostly because of Bowen.

However, when Terry abandoned the peremiter and tried to drive, good things happened and Bowen, who is definitely a step slower had a tougher time with him. On the peremiter I think Bowen can shut Terry down but if they're going to put Bowen on him, then Terry needs to make it a point to drive hard to the hole every single time.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #56
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
The only way the Mavs get in trouble is if they have one of those games where everyone on the team just goes cold, but barring that man... it's hard not to see the Mavs winning this series after tonight's game.
Yeah, that's the thing though, about a month ago I would have been scared to death if the Mavs went cold. Now though it seems when their shots stop falling they either start taking it to the basket or try to get inside the paint and if the players don't realize this themselves, RC calls a timeout and almost like magic we start taking to the basket to get our groove back, it's very very impressive.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 AM   #57
cinemablend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
Yeah, that's the thing though, about a month ago I would have been scared to death if the Mavs went cold. Now though it seems when their shots stop falling they either start taking it to the basket or try to get inside the paint and if the players don't realize this themselves, RC calls a timeout and almost like magic we start taking to the basket to get our groove back, it's very very impressive.
True, but even then... wasn't there a game a few weeks ago where they tried taking it to the basket and they couldn't even make layups?

I'm just saying if the Spurs continue to be able to limit Dirk & Jet (which I really doubt) then we're left relying on players who while often great, aren't always super reliable. You never know what Josh will do from night to night and Barea and Bass, though fantastic for the past few weeks had before that been somewhat inconsistent.

Seriously though, I don't see any of that being a problem. Feeling really confident about winning this series.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 AM   #58
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dallas2009CHAMPS will become famous soon enough

< - name
Old 04-19-2009, 03:30 AM   #59
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas2009CHAMPS View Post
< - name
You've posted this like 40 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 AM   #60
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

i find it funny
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:07 AM   #61
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

damn i'm still so happy.
Great start for a day.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #62
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I just re-watched the game. Wow. Just wow. How can one even describe how this team is playing? I officially have never seen Erick Dampier play that well as a Maverick. He was INSANE!

I'm just in shock at where this team is right now.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:25 AM   #63
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I just re-watched the game. Wow. Just wow. How can one even describe how this team is playing? I officially have never seen Erick Dampier play that well as a Maverick. He was INSANE!

I'm just in shock at where this team is right now.
I'm pretty amazed too. I thank god we drew the Spurs in the first round, and I'm really confident we'll win the series. Even if there's no title at the end, kicking the spurs out in the first round will be almost as sweet.

And I think it's fair to say that Carlisle has officially lived up to his expectations, and maybe surpassed them.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 04-19-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #64
McBane

McBane can only hope to improve

Compared to last years play-offs everybody on this team is stepping up and 100 % focused. Hopefully this trend continues...

BTW, CowboyTD is back -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROTgnovc_wk
McBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:06 AM   #65
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, good morning. Great win !!!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #66
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
There is some REAL scary stuff if you're backing the Spurs right now:
-When it really mattered, you shot 11/12 from beyond the arc
-Duncan and Parker had scoring games you expect
-You got Dirk under 20 points
-Jet was quiet
-You didn't get killed on the boards

And you lost...
Yeah, you can see it in two different ways.

As a Mavs fan, you recognize that you won even though all those bullet points didn't go your way. Therefore, it should get even better when Jet gets hot, Finley cools off at least a little (5/5 on threes, -20 +/- by far the worst of all players), etc. and you have an easy series.

As a Spurs fan, you figure that even though you lost, you have reason to maintain hope for the future. You can limit Dirk and Terry, your sharpshooters are getting good looks, etc. and everything will have to turn around eventually.

Of course I'm biased, but still at this point I believe that the first position is more justified, mainly because of the way Dirk and Terry (especially Dirk) were contained. First of all, Dirk wasn't actually "contained" at all in the first half, he was sitting on the damn bench. Let's see what the man does in his normal minutes before we pretend the Spurs had some sort of answer for him (yeah he played 38, but they weren't his normal 38 when he actually takes breathers in the second half).

Secondly, he wasn't draining jumpers left and right only because Barea was too busy kicking their collective behinds. It first came about through double-teams and such, but there were also possessions when Dirk or Terry wouldn't even touch the ball. Rather, their mere existence on the floor allowed Barea to waltz into the paint without much defensive pressure. It's not that our main guys were struggling; the team was just punishing the Spurs for overcompensating defensive pressure on Dallas' best players. If it ain't broke, don't fix it; and the Spurs never found a way to break it.

Oh, and those Spurs shooters will cool off. They shoot 40%, not 79%.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #67
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Just to reiterate what I've already said, coach RC

"Dirk had fouls in the first half. They were paying a lot of attention to him. In the second half, because of how they were playing him, even though he wasn't scoring a ton of points, the way they were playing him allowed us to get offense in other ways. Sometimes with great players that's what you have to do. If you try to fight and force the ball to him, they're going to make you look bad. The onus is on the other guys to step up."
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #68
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

"Thank u for recognizing the obvious"

What's that supposed to mean?

I don't see how it's necessarily obvious. Often, when a player's numbers dip, it implies that he is having an off-night. That's what one might gather from reading the stat sheet. The natural implication is that the role players need to step up to compensate for the poor performance.

But this isn't what happened. Instead, our main guys willingly deferred and took fewer shots because the role players had better ones. That's not struggling in the least, which is why I don't believe we have that much reason to worry at the moment.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #69
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
"Thank u for recognizing the obvious"

What's that supposed to mean?

I don't see how it's necessarily obvious. Often, when a player's numbers dip, it implies that he is having an off-night. That's what one might gather from reading the stat sheet. The natural implication is that the role players need to step up to compensate for the poor performance.

But this isn't what happened. Instead, our main guys willingly deferred and took fewer shots because the role players had better ones. That's not struggling in the least, which is why I don't believe we have that much reason to worry at the moment.
I think you inferred too much my friend. I meant thank you for recognizing the obvious...despite the fact that it is painfully obvious (at least for anyone that understands the game), few people seemed to grasp as much. That's why I gave you positive rep. Trust me, you're reiterating exactly what I'd been saying all night.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #70
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Howard - 25 points in 29 minutes...

He's producing at a high clip, despite playing limited minutes to keep him fresh for the rest of the series (he's getting enough playtime to be effective, but not so much that he risks re-injuring himself...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #71
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Heck of a game.. Really, really nice stuff by dampier...

I think the spurts will use the same gameplan and hope that jjb (6-14..hmmm...jjb wasn't nearly as good as he could have been and he was pretty good), bass(7-9 very good) and awright(3-5) can't replicate that.

They might be ready to change their mind if they do...but I don't expect much change.

But I don't think they'll shoot 79% from 3ptland either. Boy that mason kid just comes off a screen and throws it up...no stepping into it or anything. He's scary.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #72
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Just watched the game again and noticed Bruce Bowen is such a bitch. When JET hit a jumper once, Bowen tried to undercut him, but instead landed on JET's foot, tripping him. Bitch move.

Then when Dirk dished to Wright for the three point play, when Wright hits the bucket, Bruce gives Dirk a karate chop right in the chest. Bitch move. Dirk screams out "yeaaaaaaaa" when the bucket goes and gets in Bowen's dumb assed face.

Bowen saw pine after that. I want to take a tire iron to his face still, but he's pretty much a non factor. I hope he dies in a fire though this offseason.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem for the Spurs is that they aren't exactly an athletic team. So, if you double Dirk and Jet when they get the ball, the Spurs aren't really fast enough to recover if the Mavs make the smart pass and frequently take it to the rim.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Spurs going with some of the same game plan again. You almost have to double Dirk much of the time when he gets the ball. But I don't really understand why they'd want to double JET.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #74
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Gina Miller ehhh...I definately "would" the girl that interviews all the Mavs players inside the locker room
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/spor...e_top_10_h.php

Pretty sad showing for Dallas, really. Other than #1, I see hotter girls than this at the grocery store regularly.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #75
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

good win by the good guys
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #76
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oberto? Hmmmm.
Ok, saying that aloud, it sounds like the tag line for a brand of spaghetti sauce.

"Oberto. Mmmmm!"
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #77
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler View Post
Just watched the game again and noticed Bruce Bowen is such a bitch. When JET hit a jumper once, Bowen tried to undercut him, but instead landed on JET's foot, tripping him. Bitch move.

Then when Dirk dished to Wright for the three point play, when Wright hits the bucket, Bruce gives Dirk a karate chop right in the chest. Bitch move. Dirk screams out "yeaaaaaaaa" when the bucket goes and gets in Bowen's dumb assed face.

Bowen saw pine after that. I want to take a tire iron to his face still, but he's pretty much a non factor. I hope he dies in a fire though this offseason.
I hate Bowen.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #78
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler View Post

You're a real pro for noticing the karate chop. I watched that scene 3-4 times to make sure it's Dirk screaming, but never noticed Bowen's attack.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #79
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I hate Bowen.
Just so you know you stole my sig ; )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 04-19-2009 at 09:47 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #80
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

didnt have time to read the whole thread, but if nobody has mentioned it yet : how about those two charges jjbarea took on tony parker?

HOW ABOUT THEM MAVS

lets bring back nick van exels spirit..

Tags
1-0, josh in the clutch