Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sources: Jackson to Bobcats

It appears that disgruntled Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson could be Charlotte-bound.

The Warriors are on the verge of completing a deal that would send Jackson and guard Acie Law to the Bobcats in exchange for veteran swingmen Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmanovic, ESPN.com has learned.

Sources close to the situation said that the deal was close to completion and likely to be consummated later Monday. The Cleveland Cavaliers have long been considered the favorites to land the Warriors' former captain in the wake of Jackson's trade demand late in the summer, when Jackson announced that he hoped to be dealt to the Cavaliers, New York Knicks or one of the three Texas teams.

But ESPN.com reported earlier this month that Charlotte had quietly registered serious interest in Jackson and could not be dismissed as a threat to acquire him.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4659552

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

barea for bell, do it nellie.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

lol Bocats.

Dumping Okafor because of the contract and then trading for Jax...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
lol Bocats.

Dumping Okafor because of the contract and then trading for Jax...
I thought that was why they got rid of Jason Richardson as well. I have no idea on what route the Bobcats are going in. They took on that terrible Diop contract. Traded Richardson's contract away and take on Jacksons.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

yeah financially it doesn't make sense..but a trio of Augustin/Jackson/Wallace doesn't sound appealing to you guys? Plus if Tyson Chandler can ever get healthy

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

You'd think Okafor is Brown's type of player. I can see Jackson vs JRich, the defense.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote