Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default White Castle

I went to White Castle for the first time not too long ago. I too had heard a million things about the chain during my life time. So, when I was in St. Louis, I decided that I had to stop and get a burger or two..or three or four...

Well, having high expectations and being let down because a place is only ok is one thing...but to have high expectations and for the burger to be absolutely inedible is another. It was literally one of the most disgusting things that I've ever eaten in my life. I must say that I had probably never actually eaten anywhere that I didn't think the burger was at least 'ok'. Sure, some places might not be that great, but I can at least stomach it. I ate about half of one of the White castle burgers and threw it in the trash. I thought that the others surely had to taste better...so, I took a bit of another and threw it in the trash along with the other two...

That place is dreadful. If anyone is ever thinking about eating at that place for the first time... don't. It is inedible.

And know this, when it comes to burgers, I'm really not that picky of a guy. I can handle just about anything you throw at me. Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Whataburger, Burger Street, OC Burger, Checkers, ..whatever, you name it.. I can find something that I like there. But White Castle.. disgusting. I've never eaten my feces, but I can only imagine that it tastes something like White Castle.

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-25-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

white castle is disgusting, I completely agree.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Harold and Kumar disagree...
Old 10-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

never have been there...and now...probably never will.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is true, but I've heard that White Castle fries only come in one size.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Bought some from Wal-mart for the 1st time about a month or so ago. It wasn't the worst food ever, but it wasn't great.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's not the worst food ever. But it was by far the worst burger that I've ever eaten from a fast food place or sit down restaurant.

Have I eaten worse? Sure... artichoke hearts are pretty damn disgusting.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I'll throw my hand in here, too. Probably the worst "hamburger" in the world. It makes sense that they'd have to find a different word for it. "slider" is accurate, but why that's attractive to anyone is beyond me.

and Nash13, the corporate suck of walmart food probably rubbed off on the whitecastles, raising their quality.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

well... there is something similar here in town called Krystal Burger... but I've never really been fond of the tiny, greasy burger... unless they come from Dave & Busters. Those tiny burgers are pretty good.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Not sure if this is true, but I've heard that White Castle fries only come in one size.
underrated....

And I had my first White Castle burger in NY back in December of 2000. That was truly disgusting. I had to though, as I am fully licensed to Ill.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

White Castle steams their burgers...

'Nuff said...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #12
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Krystals is the South's interpretation of the steamed burger. I'd say they were able to vastly improve on the idea.

The last time I checked, the record is 96 Crystal burgers in one sitting. I've only been able to eat 16. Needless to say, that day I steamed a few burgers of my own. I produced a big brown cloud that measured about 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Last edited by Darth Ape; 10-26-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #13
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape View Post
Crystals is the South's interpretation of the steamed burger. I'd say they were able to vastly improve on the idea.

The last time I checked, the record is 96 Crystal burgers in one sitting. I've only been able to eat 16. Needless to say, that day I steamed a few burgers of my own. I produced a big brown cloud that measured about 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
that made me laugh.

but go back to GS.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Krystals after a night out boozing it up, mighty southern....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #15
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post

and Nash13, the corporate suck of walmart food probably rubbed off on the whitecastles, raising their quality.

One of those people eh? j/k
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 10-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #16
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
One of those people eh? j/k
I don't know what you mean by "those people"
just to be clear - I was referring to the additive suckiness of the sum total of food at wal-mart, not the company wal-mart, whom I love dearly.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #17
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I've only had White Castle on plane-delay from St. Louis (worked with a lady who moved there from Arlington and would fly back to work in the office now and then).. they were okay, taking them for what they were.

I had Krystal in Carrollton a couple years ago and really liked it. I need one of those and a Cane's nearby me.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:18 AM   #18
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
White Castle steams their burgers...

'Nuff said...
Most soggy burger ever.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #19
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to throw my hat in the "White Castle is disgusting" ring. I had one a couple years ago for the first time when I was in Nashville (which actually has Castle AND Krystals). I was so excited that I was finally going to see what the fuss was about. I took one bite and threw the rest away. I think there were onions and pickles IN the "meat". Or something disgusting. I'm not sure, but blech.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:49 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
I've only had White Castle on plane-delay from St. Louis (worked with a lady who moved there from Arlington and would fly back to work in the office now and then).. they were okay, taking them for what they were.

I had Krystal in Carrollton a couple years ago and really liked it. I need one of those and a Cane's nearby me.
Raining Cane's?... I absolutely love that place. I used to go to the one in Lake Charles... I was pumped when I saw that they opened one in Lewisville. About 3-4 times a year, I'll make the trip from Fort Worth just to get some Cane's...
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #21
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
I don't know what you mean by "those people"
just to be clear - I was referring to the additive suckiness of the sum total of food at wal-mart, not the company wal-mart, whom I love dearly.
Gotcha. A lot people in my family are anti-walmart. It was something about the way they treat their employees or something. Wal-mart is awesome.

~The Salesman
Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #22
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Gotcha. A lot people in my family are anti-walmart.
well, since this board is sort of anonymous, I guess I cannot say with 100% certainty that I am not one of the people in your family
Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #23
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

haha, that place does suck.

did you try the chicken rings?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #24
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
well... there is something similar here in town called Krystal Burger... but I've never really been fond of the tiny, greasy burger... unless they come from Dave & Busters. Those tiny burgers are pretty good.

Little known fact - Nashville, TN is one of only 2 cities that has BOTH a Krystal and a White Castle. Krystal is in the South, White Castle primarily in the North. Nashville is the Slider/Steamed Burger Mason-Dixon line.

So being a resident of Nashville, I've had both. Krystal is definitely better, but neither is something that I would put on any kind of "best burgers" list. I've only really had Krystal late at night after going out.

Murph, if anyone is telling you that White Castle is delicious and they aren't:

1) Drunk out of their mind
B) Stoned out of their mind
3) The victim of a horrible accident in which they lost their taste buds or their entire tongue

Then they're crazy.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-27-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
I just want to throw my hat in the "White Castle is disgusting" ring. I had one a couple years ago for the first time when I was in Nashville (which actually has Castle AND Krystals).
Whoops, didn't see your post, David. Giving credit where credit is due, you were the first to mention the amazing diversity of Nashville.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of the place.

Nashville doesn't have In-N-Out, and that's what counts.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #27
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Dirkadirka, i used to be the hugest proponent of In-N-Out. Any time i'd be out in California, i'd make it a point to go out of my way to go to in-n-out. It was my favorite burger ever.

Well,I probably still would do all of those things because In-N-Out is my second favorite burger. But it has been replaced at #1 by Five Guys.

Seriously, if you guys have never tried Five Guys, you need to do it right now (if there's one in your area). Go. NOW.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah.... Five Guys.... my wife is allergic to peanuts. They cook everything in peanut oil there.

There are 2 in Dallas, one at the Galleria, the other at the shops in Southlake.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think I probably eat somewhere between 3.5 and 4 hamburgers a year. I've never understood societies fascination with the burger.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #30
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Yeah.... Five Guys.... my wife is allergic to peanuts. They cook everything in peanut oil there.
Not to mention the barrels of peanuts in the restaurant and peanut shells all over the floor.

So let me amend my prior statement.

Go. NOW. (as long as you're not allergic to peanuts)
Old 10-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

3.5? You split one with your wife?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #32
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

dbl post.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 10-27-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: dbl post.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #33
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #34
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Ah Krystals after a night out boozing it up, mighty southern....

That brings back some serious memories...

Stationed in Ft. Benning in 87-89' heading out to the clubs in Columbus, GA!!! Then hitting the Krystal's on the way back...

Hey, it was a great place to go when you were BROKE!!! Back then I think they were something .25 for one burger.

Now I'm flashin back...I remember getting hammered and watching a cult classic movie..."I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" - wouldn't you know it the next weekend at a Metalica/Queensryche concert in Atlanta...I pull up to a stop sign and these guys jump out, spit on my windshield and offer to wash it for some money!!!

We had six of us in the care, only two of us had seen the movie and we were ROFLMA, while the other 4 had this stupid freaked out look on their face.

Those were the days!!!

I might have to stop off at a Krystals the next time in Atlanta!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote