Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-30-2002, 05:36 PM   #1
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Blaz...-54127-41.html

Blazers President and General Manager Bob Whitsitt announced today that the team has signed guard Bonzi Wells to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, the terms of the agreement were not released.

“We are extremely happy to have Bonzi under contract,” Whitsitt said. “Bonzi is an integral part of the young nucleus of this team and we look for him to contribute great things in the future.”

Wells started 69 of 74 games played last season and averaged a career-high 17.0 points per contest, to go along with 6 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.5 steals in 31.7 minutes of action. In four years with the Blazers, Wells has averaged 12.7 points a game and has shot 51.7 percent from the field.

“I’m really happy that we got the contract done and I am able to start training camp with my teammates,” said Wells. “I am looking forward to the season ahead and I am excited to be staying in Portland.”

The 6-5 guard from Ball State was a first-round selection (11th overall) of the Detroit Pistons in the 1998 NBA Draft, but was acquired by the Blazers in exchange for Portland’s 1999 first-round pick on January 21, 1999.

Whitsitt also announced the signing of center Chris Dudley, guard Richie Frahm and forward Billy Owens to contracts. Dudley, a 15-year NBA veteran, appeared in 43 games for Portland last season, averaging 1.1 points and 1.9 rebounds in 7.6 minutes of action. Dudley also played for the Blazers for four seasons from 1993-97.Frahm, a rookie out of Gonzaga, spent the 2001-02 season playing with Phoenix of the ABA, while Owens, out of Syracuse, is a nine-year NBA veteran.

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links