Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #2321
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Sigh, Spurs gonna win. Took the Clippers 3 minutes to get another basket.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #2322
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

stupid clippers.

looks like manu was paraded to the line again. (*looks like*)

oh, well. At least the spurs are far from exploding their way into the playoffs this time.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #2323
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Clippers came this close to stealing one but the Spurs buckled down late in the game and will get the win. Ginobli sucked all game but I think had 3 layups late and Finley hits the 3 to put the game away.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #2324
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Clippers came this close to stealing one but the Spurs buckled down late in the game and will get the win. Ginobli sucked all game but I think had 3 layups late and Finley hits the 3 to put the game away.
You must be going crazy in your pants then..
Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #2325
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Charlotte up 13 on the Lakers at the half.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #2326
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...?urn=nba,73485

Quote:
Shaq takes swipe at Riley and Heat for making him scapegoat

The once-blissful marriage between Shaquille O'Neal and Pat Riley ended badly. As their championship core crumbled, so did their relationship. Miami Heat officials believe Shaq quit on them and point to his chronic hip problems that prevented him from playing in Miami but have not stopped him from averaging 29.3 minutes a night with the Phoenix Suns. Conversely, Shaq believes Riley quit on him and saddled him with the blame for the franchise's implosion.

"I guess when you have a lot of power, you can do what you want," O'Neal said. "Me? If I ever came into that kind of power, I think I'd be willing to admit it if I messed up."

O'Neal's comments were met with silence out of Miami yesterday.

"I know what they said about me," Shaq said. "Grant [Hill] called me up and told me, 'They said you don't want to play no more.' I understand being the scapegoat comes with being the superstar. When it all goes right, you get the credit. And when it doesn't . . . I guess this is what you get. I can accept being the scapegoat when we do things my way and they don't work out. But when you have no control how things are handled, and you are still the scapegoat, I don't go for that."
Good to see the gutless wonder still isn't above completely ripping people that helped make him rich and successful... if he gave 1/100th the effort a fringe NBA player like Chris Quinn did, he'd no doubt be the greatest frontcourt player in NBA history. It's a shame that he's a lazy, shined-up turd at this point of his career.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 PM   #2327
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...?urn=nba,73485

Good to see the gutless wonder still isn't above completely ripping people that helped make him rich and successful... if he gave 1/100th the effort a fringe NBA player like Chris Quinn did, he'd no doubt be the greatest frontcourt player in NBA history. It's a shame that he's a lazy, shined-up turd at this point of his career.
i can't believe they made shaq and escape goat.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #2328
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Lakers looked pretty bad. Bad loss for them, even without Bynum/Gasol/Ariza
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #2329
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Lakers lose and Kobe gets ejected, nice

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:41 AM   #2330
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Lakers looked pretty bad. Bad loss for them, even without Bynum/Gasol/Ariza
Isn't that 3 of their 5 best players lol? Is it possible for them to even have a bad loss?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:37 AM   #2331
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I always find it funny when people, for some reason, mention Ariza with Gasol and Bynum in detailing the Lakers' injuries.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #2332
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Ariza can flat-out play, man.... I'd love to see him in a Dallas uniform (provided he was healthy, of course).
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #2333
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
I regret it because if we had changed the offense Devin could have had better assist numbers, come on now think about it Devin barely could get any assists on a team that won 67 games but now he is getting tons of assists on the nets?! It's our offense that needed to be changed, this trade was unnecessary imo.

the overall line of logic in this post is a bit hard to follow;;;; let me see if I can map it.

mavs win 67 games, but devin haris has a limited number of assists. When he moves to the nets, who win many fewer games, devin haris gets many more assists (in a limited sample).

ergo the mavs offense is flawed.

devin haris' assist numbers should've been the over-riding measure of success for the mavs offense?

i am not taking a stand her on whether or not the kidd/harris trade was a good one for the mavs... but the argument you articulated here was thoroughly unconvincing.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #2334
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Hoping against hope... please win Trail Blazers.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #2335
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Oh well. GS will win.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #2336
Caseman
Golden Member

Remember when we were talking about passing the Spurs like 2 weeks ago? Ah, good times.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #2337
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

9 of 20 for 3's.

Yeah, thats basketball.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #2338
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
9 of 20 for 3's.

Yeah, thats basketball.
27 points out of 20 shots? I don't even know who you are referring to, but I do know that that is damn good basketball.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:27 AM   #2339
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Charles Barkley just said Dallas has a better chance of beating GS without Dirk than with him. It's really upsetting me. How can he be so stupid. They couldn't beat them 4 on 2 last year. So how are they going to beat them 5 on 5 ?
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #2340
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

4 on 2?
Old 03-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #2341
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Well you know because of the triple teaming of Dirk that leaves 4vs2. Maybe thats not quite scientificly correct.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:34 AM   #2342
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
Well you know because of the triple teaming of Dirk that leaves 4vs2. Maybe thats not quite scientificly correct.
Oh, I see. Well, if only it were that easy!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #2343
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

thanks for clearing that up, dim
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #2344
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
Yes, it is clearly a religious matter.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #2345
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I think Charles Barkley has an incredible amount of respect for Dirk. I don't think he meant it to slight Dirk.

I tend to agree though, due to Golden State's style, they're still a very beatable team for a team like us, even without Dirk... Brandon Bass really needs to start though... I did not catch any of the first 2 meetings year but I hope the coach assumes that 11 and 11 per game for Bass is not a damn fluke.

Malik Allen is whack!

Last edited by ghazi; 03-28-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #2346
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Devin:

7/11

21 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds in the first half against the Pacers

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 03-28-2008 at 07:09 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #2347
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Harris having another nice game but that's nothing new.

The Hornets are up 2 on Boston with about 6 minutes left in the half.

Brent Barry appears to have tweaked something in a practice and had to cut his workout short. It doesn't look like he'll be helping them this season.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #2348
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Harris is doing great. Wish we didn't do the trade.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #2349
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Kobe Bryant has 42 points with 8 minutes left in the 3rd. Lakers have a 2 point lead over Memphis.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #2350
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Memphis beats the Lakers in LA. What a crushing loss for the Lakers this late in the season. Kobe ends up with 53 points. I think he had 51 at the end of 3 quarters but only managed 2 in the 4th.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #2351
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Memphis beats the Lakers in LA. What a crushing loss for the Lakers this late in the season. Kobe ends up with 53 points. I think he had 51 at the end of 3 quarters but only managed 2 in the 4th.
Not really crushing considering all the injuries and Odom fighting the flu. Even Fisher is hurt now, the Lakers are the walking wounded. It was more of a frustrating loss because the Lakers played really dumb, they shot 40+ 3 point attempts, ridiculous. This was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule and they are really blowing it. Phil Jackson pulled and Avery and stopped coaching in the middle of the game. The Lakers really need Gasol back on the court ASAP.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #2352
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I followed the game on game cast so I don't really know what happened. All I know is that Kobe didn't shoot in the last few minutes and they attempted to win the game by allowing Vujajic and Odom shooting three-pointers. How smart. Thanks Memphis for showing us how low the Lakers' basketball IQ is and/or how to deny Kobe the ball when the game is on the line.

If the Lakers are the No. 1 seed we don't really have to fear anybody in the playoffs (provided we make them).

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 03-29-2008 at 12:18 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #2353
ghazi
Platinum Member

The Lakers can't use the injury excuse for that pathetic loss.

They couldn't control the paint against Darko and Collins (double bust)... their perimeter defense was weak as well. the quickness of Lowry and Conley was a problem for them all night

and their offense? all it was was jacking up 3's... although the grizzlies basically lured them into it with their zone defense.

This was a really bad loss for the Lakers... injuries are not an excuse against a team with over 50 losses and a 5-30 road record.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #2354
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

They can't use the injury excuse lol? Bynum and Gasol are out and they can't use the excuse? Odom sick with the flu? The 40 shot nights for Kobe have been rare this season and when he has to shoot that much expect a loss. Memphis played well. One of their better games of the season.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #2355
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

how the crap do we lose to the lakers but the lose to the grizz? c'mon.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:39 AM   #2356
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I still wonder why Kobe didn't attack the basket when they were down by 5 or less in the last few minutes. He always finds a way for a layup or gets the foul. There is no excuse for having two players with bad shooting nights (one of them sick as it turned out) to shoot from beyond the arc. Hello...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #2357
ghazi
Platinum Member

you know what's kinda sad though, I still think their defense would give us some problems.

the Grizz had quick point guards whose penetration caused a lot of problems for the Lakers and scored 60 points in the paint ... do we have either of those? I don't think so.

man the grizz have A LOT of nice guards though... + Rudy Gay who is a stud

However, we are better defensively than the Grizz so I dunno
Old 03-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #2358
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

I agree the injuries are an excuse when facing teams like the Grizz and Bobcats considering they beat the Jazz in Utah. The defense really sucks right now for the Lakers and their offense is not much better. The Lakers, including Kobe, have become a perimeter team, no inside game or slashing. The way the Lakers are playing the only teams they can beat in the playoffs are the Mavs and Warriors, maybe the Hornets but I doubt it.

The Lakers really need their big men back and for Fish and Ariza to get healthy.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #2359
ghazi
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
They can't use the injury excuse lol? Bynum and Gasol are out and they can't use the excuse? Odom sick with the flu? The 40 shot nights for Kobe have been rare this season and when he has to shoot that much expect a loss. Memphis played well. One of their better games of the season.
yes dtowns finest, they CANNOT use the injury excuse against a team with over 50 losses and only 5 road wins.

Just like the Mavs cannot use Dirks injury as an excuse to drop games against the likes of the Clippers and Sonics.

Their perimeter defense and interior defense look really bad right now. This is not a new trend, their interior and perimeter defense had issues with Gasol as well. They have had trouble with quick guards all year, and Gasol himself isn't exactly a defensive juggernaut... heck Turiaf and Mbenga are arguably better on the defensive end.

They need Bynum to come back and pick up where he left off, because Gasol alone and their defense is too flawed to win it all.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #2360
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
yes dtowns finest, they CANNOT use the injury excuse against a team with over 50 losses and only 5 road wins.

Just like the Mavs cannot use Dirks injury as an excuse to drop games against the likes of the Clippers and Sonics.

Their perimeter defense and interior defense look really bad right now. This is not a new trend, their interior and perimeter defense had issues with Gasol as well. They have had trouble with quick guards all year, and Gasol himself isn't exactly a defensive juggernaut... heck Turiaf and Mbenga are arguably better on the defensive end.

They need Bynum to come back and pick up where he left off, because Gasol alone and their defense is too flawed to win it all.
Ariza would help alot as well because the paint is wide open because Kobe and Fish are the only adequet perimeter defenders, and Fisher lost a step durring his first stint with the Lakers, he relys more on savy then ability at this point in his career. If Ariza and Kobe can hold down the perimeter then Gasol and Bynum won't be asked to be Bill Russel in the paint.

I have a feeling that the Lakers will be facing the Suns in the first round, the need to get their act together before facing the Nash lead Suns last horrah and a motivated Shaq.