Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Goldenrhino

Goldenrhino is on a distinguished road

When Lebron got that loose ball on the floor, then stood up while he still had the ball, is that not considered traveling?
Goldenrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrhino View Post
When Lebron got that loose ball on the floor, then stood up while he still had the ball, is that not considered traveling?
Oh and that's 100% traveling LOL
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrhino View Post
Don't start looking for traveling, Bron and Wade go bat shit crazy with the ball and it gets ignored somehow. Surely, I would like someone with those handles and would love to get away with it but geez man it stinks for us.

More importantly than the potential travel of that play... WTF was up with Marion? He over played the pass to Bibby and then never got back and it ended up with an And 1 on Dirk. It's Dirks fault for not hammering him and sissy-fouling him but still. That all started with Marion and his mental lapse.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Don't start looking for traveling, Bron and Wade go bat shit crazy with the ball and it gets ignored somehow. Surely, I would like someone with those handles and would love to get away with it but geez man it stinks for us.

More importantly than the potential travel of that play... WTF was up with Marion? He over played the pass to Bibby and then never got back and it ended up with an And 1 on Dirk. It's Dirks fault for not hammering him and sissy-fouling him but still. That all started with Marion and his mental lapse.
I thought the monstrous dunk from Lebron near the end of the game was a travel. Am I wrong here? Looked like 3-4 steps, but the whole "gathering" rule, perhaps I don't fully understand it. Seems to me, once you touch the ball, the traveling rule should start there.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak View Post
I thought the monstrous dunk from Lebron near the end of the game was a travel. Am I wrong here? Looked like 3-4 steps, but the whole "gathering" rule, perhaps I don't fully understand it. Seems to me, once you touch the ball, the traveling rule should start there.
I'm not sure on that one.

I can say the thing that kill me are when either one of them are attempting to back down a defender or when they change direction and their hand goes directly under the ball. It happened 2 times last night that I saw with Wade and one time from Bron. Once you put you hand under teh ball that far, you have to pick up the dribble...bottom line. If that was Stevenson, Joel Anthony or Haywood..forget it they call that so fast.

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-01-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
Frank89149

Frank89149 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'm not sure on that one.

I can say the thing that kill me are when either one of them are attempting to back down a defender or when they change direction and their hand goes directly under the ball. It happened 2 times last night that I saw with Wade and one time from Bron. Once you put you hand under teh ball that far, you have to pick up the dribble...bottom line. If that was Stevenson, Joel Anthony or Haywood..forget it they call that so fast.
After the ball leavs the floor you can take two steps, not including the one you're already in during the sprint. He crossed over. That was the last dribble if I remember correct. The first step starts after the foot that's up hits the ground, since he started the step as he crossed over.

That's how I've always interpreted it, and that's why I think he get's away with what looks like a travel. Plus he takes huge strides. I could be wrong though.
Frank89149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank89149 View Post
After the ball leavs the floor you can take two steps, not including the one you're already in during the sprint. He crossed over. That was the last dribble if I remember correct. The first step starts after the foot that's up hits the ground, since he started the step as he crossed over.

That's how I've always interpreted it, and that's why I think he get's away with what looks like a travel. Plus he takes huge strides. I could be wrong though.
Yeah that play in particular didn't jump out at me.

What I am referring to I have seen it 3 times so far in this series and it is : d.) A player who is dribbling may not put any part of his hand under the ball and (1) carry it from one point to another or (2) bring it to a pause and then continue to dribble again.

Tags
heatd=mavs30%fg, sieg !, still alive!!!, teamusa vs mavs, this is gonna be good!