Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-18-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ESPNHL

Anyone seen this idea yet? ESPN came up with a new NHL. I don't like the idea of 20 teams and some other stuff they came up with but take a look..

ESPNHL

What do you think of ESPN's idea? Would you come up with a different system? Or do you not care about Hockey? Voice your oppinion.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:45 AM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:ESPNHL

It looks good. Limiting the number of teams will keep the talent pool from being so diluted and the teams won't be able to keep the "enforcer" types.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:04 AM   #3
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: ESPNHL

I didn't watch hockey before it went off the air. I always felt like teams could never gain momentum. If the game was higher scoring and allowed for more amazing stops by the goalie, I might start watching. Making the goals bigger could just be the solution.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Hockey sucks. Any sport that has THAT many ties needs to change. Ties are just bs. I hate that the NFL still allows ties, but at least it only happens once every few years. If the NFL has two ties in one season, I'm boycotting for a whole year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

How can you have a tie? Please explain this to me... two teams meet, to determine a winner. That's the point of competition. They are professionals, and this is their job. It's not like they need to hurry up and get home so they can get sleep and get to the office early the next day. Play until someone scores, dammit.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Conflict of interest that's the crap they gave the Rangers when Baseball tonight was supposed to come be a part of a meet and greet the players. I like the Olympic hockey of a few years ago. If they could hammer down on infractions like holding and some of the other physical play scoring would go up. Otherwise I don't care. I can watch college basketball, the NBA and the NFL playoffs. The real probem is that fans don't care. When baseball was on strike in 95 people were outraged who is outraged that hockey is gone. Hockey may be helped with HD TV, but hockey might be dead. The Arena Football league got a higher rating then the NHL finals. Some World Series of Poker game got higher ratings then Hockey. Wayne Gretzky the great one , said that hockey would probably be locked out for two years. For Canadians and some Americans that care it has to suck.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:17 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Shoulda invented a game where people can score and win games... then people would care, and they might be playing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:17 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: ESPNHL

you mean they're not playing hockey??? I thought I was just doing a great job of completely ignoring it this year...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote