Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling all tech heads

Ok I need tech help with a router.

I have been using a linksys wrtg54 router for about 3 years now, not many problems with it. But now I can not get it to set up.
I have pinged the router and know it is getting a signal, Have tried to install via the 192.168.1.1 site, but for some reason it will not let me login, either with my settings or the Admin default. What is weird is that I can run Internet through the routers external plugins. i.e. I can run a land line out of the router and still get Internet, just can't get the router to broadcast.

I have googled the shit out of the problem and can find no help there. Looked at about 30-40 forums and help sites to no avail.

If anyone out there has encountered this problem and has a solution, Rep will follow.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no tech head, but it sounds like the wireless part of the router no longer works. Might be time to go buy a new router.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Checked the ports ?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Checked the ports ?
yup
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Saved the setup ? Set the router to default and reinstalled ?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Saved the setup ? Set the router to default and reinstalled ?
yup
Old 09-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So you've stuck a pin in the hole and reset the router and still can't login? Are you sure you have the correct default login information?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
So you've stuck a pin in the hole and reset
That´s what she said
Old 09-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #9
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
So you've stuck a pin in the hole and reset the router and still can't login? Are you sure you have the correct default login information?
yup, and yup
Old 09-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiosity, how do you know it's resetting if you can't login? Are you sure you held the pin in long enough? Did you see lights blink as if resetting? And you used the default login of blank username and "admin" (with no quotes) as the password?

I'm focusing on this point because if you truly can't reset your router and login then it's pretty much garbage.

Also that router is very common and popular because of the DD-WRT software. So it would seem pretty unlikely for you to encounter a problem that no one else has on a router that's been around for so long and been used by so many people.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-27-2009 at 09:14 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:37 AM   #11
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how do you know it's resetting if you can't login? Are you sure you held the pin in long enough? Did you see lights blink as if resetting? And you used the default login of blank username and "admin" (with no quotes) as the password?

I'm focusing on this point because if you truly can't reset your router and login then it's pretty much garbage.

Also that router is very common and popular because of the DD-WRT software. So it would seem pretty unlikely for you to encounter a problem that no one else has on a router that's been around for so long and been used by so many people.
yes the lights have blinked, yes I know this is an uncommon problem,yes it is garbage, but I am getting married on Sat the 3rd and have had to write two 5 page papers, as well as work 6 shifts serving at the steakhouse I now work at. asking you guy for the solution is about all the time I have had to give to the problem before I chuck this thing and buy a new router.

But by all means, lets keep at this router in lue of actual Mavs news.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I got one.

When I start my treadmill, the sound card on my computer stops making sound. Nothing else in my apartment is bothered. The lights don't dim. Reciever, television, projector, routers, computers all still work. Just the sound from my digital out to my reciever stops. It comes back on as soon as I stop the treadmill. I even unplugged a bunch of stuff to see if it made a difference, but no help.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #13
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Could this possibly be my power supply? Short in the motherboard? My video card has been acting weird for a couple months and one of my hardrives has been reporting it's about to go out for awhile.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #14
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know what kind of cable you have connecting to the receiver, but i was wondering if maybe it could be some electrical interference

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #15
FreshJive
Diamond Member

I didn't think of that. It's a single RCA, so I guess that could possibly be it. I'll experiment on troubleshooting for that later tonight when I have time. Thanks.