Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM   #401
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Except it's Porzingis who is asking.

I thought it was Porzingis aching to play and the Mavs keeping him out to be safe.

Sounds like he's ready or almost ready but his camp wants to be kept out.

I'm all for making him happy and giving him a full recovery, but it's just a little weird.

Plus, it sounds like he wants a huge contract this season rather than taking the QO for next year. That's gonna be steep if he's asking to sit out and he still wants a max contract without playing a minute since his injury.
Bingo! I think this is exactly what's going to happen, and I think Cuban will pay it.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #402
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Bingo! I think this is exactly what's going to happen, and I think Cuban will pay it.
With the way cuban answered questions at the presser today it sounds like they have every intention to give him the max without playing a game.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #403
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta give it to Cuban-- he's willing to take risks. Even dumb ones.

No team has ever won a championship without taking risks.

Then again, you are just as likely (if not more likely) to fail. Cuban took a risk drafting Dirk and trading for the oft-injured Kidd and Chandler. Now we have a championship.

Then again, he also passed on Giannis and thought Dirk/Walker/Jamison would work
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #404
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't concrete as I read it on Twitter, but apparently the Kristaps taking the QO thing was a misunderstanding if had stayed a Knick.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #405
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I trust our top-notch training staff to fully evaluate KP before offering him a max contract... Hell, going by Cuban's response it sounds like they may already be happy with what they've seen. It probably makes sense for both parties to keep him shelved at this point, especially if he's working on his biomechanics and conditioning. Let him knock off the rust in practice, which should reduce the risk of re-injury. No benefit to him banging around in the paint for the next 30 games.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-04-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:32 PM   #406
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I trust our top-notch training staff to fully evaluate KP before offering him a max contract... Hell, going by Cuban's response it sounds like they may already be happy with what they've seen. It probably makes sense for both parties to keep him shelved at this point, especially if he's working on his biomechanics and conditioning. Let him knock off the rust in practice, which should reduce the risk of re-injury. No benefit to him banging around in the paint for the next 30 games.
I always get worried with the potential for injury on the opposite limb. The body is funny about that sort of thing. So many athletes get injured again due to overworking/compensating with the other side of their body without knowing it.

For this reason, the extra reps and therapy will be extremely beneficial, especially when your taking about a guy this long.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:07 PM   #407
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
With the way cuban answered questions at the presser today it sounds like they have every intention to give him the max without playing a game.
And why wouldn't they, if the doctors give the green light?
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #408
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Then again, you are just as likely (if not more likely) to fail. Cuban took a risk drafting Dirk and trading for the oft-injured Kidd and Chandler. Now we have a championship.

Then again, he also passed on Giannis and thought Dirk/Walker/Jamison would work
That pissed me off so badly. Dirk was coming into his own as one of the top 5 players in the league and Nellie took the ball out of his hands and put it into Antoine Walkers...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #409
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the taking the QO was a push that the Knicks trade him.

And now we (i mean Casey Smith) have months to work with KP, get every possible medical information etc. Even if he wont play, we will have a pretty clear picture.

So im pretty sure we are offering him a five year max deal, with a player or team option in the last year. Agreeing to it one minute after midnight, but just signing it after we blew our cap so his 17 million cap hold is in place for that time.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #410
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Then again, you are just as likely (if not more likely) to fail. Cuban took a risk drafting Dirk and trading for the oft-injured Kidd and Chandler.
Cuban wasn't involved in drafting Dirk. Nellie drafted Dirk under Perot's ownership.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:12 PM   #411
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Cuban wasn't involved in drafting Dirk. Nellie drafted Dirk under Perot's ownership.
Yep, and it was under Perot when Kidd was traded in the Nash, Finley deal iirc and that happened less than a year or so before Cuban bought the team.

Last edited by turin; 02-04-2019 at 09:38 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #412
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

One topic from the press conference that I found interesting was when Rick proactively went out of his way to acknowledge KPs support team.

"One other thing I want to mention, Kristops brother Janis is here who represents him, and I just want to recognize him, b/c he and I spent a couple hours talking last night, just getting to know each other. And, he is a very important part of Kristops team including Dan who does PR.. etc."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qHOg9Qb6Bk - go to 11:18 for the quote.

I'm not entirely certain of how fractured the relationship was between the Knicks and KP's support team, but statements like this indicate to me that this is a central part of the "recruitment" of KP.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 02-04-2019 at 09:45 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #413
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I want to lock Kristaps in for as long as the CBA allows. No more plan powder.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:22 PM   #414
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I want to lock Kristaps in for as long as the CBA allows. No more plan powder.
Pretty sure Cuban is on the same page as you.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:27 PM   #415
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I started watching the Mavs during during the Nash/Dirk era. Now it's Luka/Porzingis. Pretty amazing stuff.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:45 PM   #416
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Reports are the Kristaps is medically cleared to play, but they want to make sure he strengthens up to prevent further injuries. Not really sure you can prevent injuries, but I'll trust their process.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 AM   #417
Underdog

Quote:
Reports are the Kristaps is medically cleared to play, but they want to make sure he strengthens up to prevent further injuries. Not really sure you can prevent injuries, but I'll trust their process.
They're working on his biomechanics to take strain off of his joints. Retraining him on some of his basic movements should lessen the chances of the types of injuries he's been struggling with so far in his career... 7-3 guys gotta do things a little different than 6-3 guys.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:48 AM   #418
Underdog

@Mavs_FFL: "It was my mistake not to keep Dirk and Steve Nash together longer," Mark Cuban explains. "I won't make the same mistake with Luka and KP."

Old 02-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #419
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Add up the jersey numbers of the guys we got in the trade

23 Burke
11 THJ
6 Porzingis
1 Lee

Mind blown
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #420
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One league source said Kristaps and Janis gave the Knicks four or five preferred destinations, none of them Dallas. It no doubt helped the Mavericks that they already were talking to the Knicks about Hardaway, and that Dallas wasn't one of Porzingis' preferred landing spots.
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...ry-discussions

Last edited by j0Shi; 02-05-2019 at 08:39 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #421
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Hmm, something tells me that league source comes from James Dolan. That seriously just doesn't at all connect with what actually happened...Donnie's relationship with Kristaps...Kirstaps loving Dirk...Kristaps wanting to play with Doncic.

This little tidbit, however, might have caused anarchy in Dallas...

"As of last Wednesday evening, another league source said, the only deal Dallas and New York was seriously discussing was Matthews-for-Hardaway, straight up."

Old 02-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #422
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
So the original deal was Matthews for Hardaway Jr. straight-up? That’s some damn fine sweetener right there.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #423
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hmm, something tells me that league source comes from James Dolan. That seriously just doesn't at all connect with what actually happened...Donnie's relationship with Kristaps...Kirstaps loving Dirk...Kristaps wanting to play with Doncic.
this. The Knicks doing everything to paint KP as the bad guy, so wouldnt be surprised if they are so butthurt that they try to mess with him/Mavs even posttrade. Dolan is garbage and the entire franchise is garbage.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #424
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This little tidbit, however, might have caused anarchy in Dallas...

"As of last Wednesday evening, another league source said, the only deal Dallas and New York was seriously discussing was Matthews-for-Hardaway, straight up."
I don't believe that.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:52 AM   #425
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Add up the jersey numbers of the guys we got in the trade

23 Burke
11 THJ
6 Porzingis
1 Lee

Mind blown
That's some serious higher power stuff right there.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:23 PM   #426
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seemed to work for Steph Curry? Injuries are going to happen, but you can build up strength to reduce the chances.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #427
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:

It's crazy how Giannis was the 15th pick overall. I'm also curious. How did the Mavericks pass on Giannis? I forget. We had the 18th pick that year and drafted Shane Larkin. I know we had the 16th pick, and I forget when we traded it away and if we had the opportunity to trade up as we did in drafting Doncic.

Anyway, I am more than happy with our two young rising superstars, and I get that Kristaps Porziņģis wants to do what he can to avoid an injury like this one in the future by doing strengthening exercises that he may not otherwise be able to do mid-season.

Also I love Jason Kidd's answer in whether the Mavericks will win or not with this dynamic duo. He quickly answered, "Yes!" I agree that the right pieces will be places around the two, and I think we'll be saying goodbye to Harrison Barnes really soon to help lure in another big piece.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:00 PM   #428
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Unpublished rumor from an anononary league source out of Midtown was that the original inquiry from the Mavericks was Smith for Ntilikina, straight up. Knicks hung up the phone.

Little Whistle then upped the offer to include the Number 1s, and from there the Knicks offered up the disgruntled Porzingis + dreck; Whistle countered with Mavs' dreck, and NY took elite defender Ntilikina out of the discussions.

And that, kids, is how Kristaps got to Dallas.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 02-05-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:12 PM   #429
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Seemed to work for Steph Curry? Injuries are going to happen, but you can build up strength to reduce the chances.
Put an out of shape player on the floor and then another in incredibly great shape. I think the out of shape player is likely to get hurt before the other, unless the out of shape player knows his limitations and doesn't take any risks. The athletic one will likely make fancy, athletic moves that are more likely to cause an injury. Anyway, the out of shape player may injure himself hitting snooze on his alarm clock. I think the strengthening exercises will pay dividends in the future. Kristaps Porziņģis will likely be an ever better player here in Dallas than he ever was in New York.

Now, which superstar should the Mavericks place around these two? Glad its'not my job. I want these two to touch the ball as much as possible. I wouldn't necessarily want Kevin Durant to join them. I want a big again. Maybe DeAndre Jordan will return? I'd prefer Cousins though. Also if we can steal Klay Thompson from Golden State that'd be awesome.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #430
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
It's crazy how Giannis was the 15th pick overall. I'm also curious. How did the Mavericks pass on Giannis? I forget. We had the 18th pick that year and drafted Shane Larkin. I know we had the 16th pick, and I forget when we traded it away and if we had the opportunity to trade up as we did in drafting Doncic.
This will piss you off: we traded down so we could save an extra mil to throw at Dwight Howard, who didn't end up coming here anyway... For what it's worth, Donnie wanted to draft Giannis, but Cuban decide to override that decision. I'm glad Cuban is finally letting Donnie do his job again.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-05-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #431
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
This will piss you off: we traded down so we could save an extra mil to throw at Dwight Howard, who didn't end up coming here anyway... For what it's worth, Donnie wanted to draft Giannis, but Cuban decide to override that decision. I'm glad Cuban is finally letting Donnie do his job again.
Because Fegan told Cuban that Dwight to Dallas is a done deal but then Dwight had a change of heart
Old 02-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #432
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Unpublished rumor from an anononary league source out of Midtown was that the original inquiry from the Mavericks was Smith for Ntilikina, straight up. Knicks hung up the phone.

Little Whistle then upped the offer to include the Number 1s, and from there the Knicks offered up the disgruntled Porzingis + dreck; Whistle countered with Mavs' dreck, and NY took elite defender Ntilikina out of the discussions.

And that, kids, is how Kristaps got to Dallas.
Elite?! I laugh at that. I am so happy that the Knicks hung up. I feel like this must be backwards and that the Mavericks hung up on them.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #433
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
I feel like I am still missing something. Didn't we have the 16th pick before trading down? Are you suggesting that we could have traded up to pick ahead of Milwaukee?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #434
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Proof that no amount of biomechanics can prevent injury...

"John Wall ruptures Achilles slipping and falling at home"- Woj

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-05-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #435
sefant77
Guru

Barea achilles, Wall achilles...yeah KP is of course not taking the QO...
Old 02-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #436
Underdog

Quote:
Proof that no amount of biomechanics can prevent injury...
Prevent? No. Reduce the risk? I submit Dirk Nowitzki's career as evidence.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #437
sefant77
Guru

Freak injuries happen...people die slipping in the shower, cleaning windows...in my hometown a girl on heels lost her balance, fell and sliced her throat with the champagne glas she had in her hand....
Old 02-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #438
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I feel like I am still missing something. Didn't we have the 16th pick before trading down? Are you suggesting that we could have traded up to pick ahead of Milwaukee?
I’m willing to bet Google has the answer you’re looking for.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:47 PM   #439
sefant77
Guru

We had #13 and traded the pick to Boston (they picked olynyk) for #18 and some Second.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:36 PM   #440
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Yep, and it was under Perot when Kidd was traded in the Nash, Finley deal iirc and that happened less than a year or so before Cuban bought the team.
Nash and Finley were not in the same deal. Finley was a Maverick long before Nash came aboard. Nash was a draft day deal in the Dirk draft.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote