Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 05-14-2019, 02:55 PM   #41
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
PJ Washington would be a perfect fit next to KP.

Rebounds well. Defends okay. Fairly mobile. Perfect tweener to play next to KP and would be cheaper than overpaying for Montrezl Harrell, Julius Randle, Ed Davis type
Always liked him. What do you think of Draymond Green as a comp? Solid production in college ball, but the assists seem to indicate he has some catching up to do from a passing standpoint. Washington's also younger than Green and could add some of that.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #43
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I want Zion just because so i can read for weeks the combined meltdown of Knicks and Hawks fans...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I want Zion just because so i can read for weeks the combined meltdown of Knicks and Hawks fans...
That would certainly get me through the offseason.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:34 PM   #45
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Trading Zion if we somehow lucked into him is the absolute most galaxy brain thing possible.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:34 PM   #46
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

This coverage is kind of annoying. “Tonight is going to change players lives”. Zion is the only player that knows when he is going to drafted, and there is a small chance he could even get traded. Why are the players in attendance for this?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #47
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I got excited when I didn’t hear our name in the top 9 until I realized they showed it as the Hawks pick and not the Mavs. Oh well, we still got Luka!
Old 05-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #48
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

The franchise previously owned by the league that would lose all of its viability by losing their star player gets the number one pick....amazing
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 PM   #49
BPo001
Diamond Member

And Lakers get the #4 pick, so additional trade bait to trade AD to LA.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:56 PM   #50
BPo001
Diamond Member

Tbh I wanted Zion to the Knicks.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:56 PM   #51
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
And Lakers get the #4 pick, so additional trade bait to trade AD to LA.
Hell, if I'm the Lakers I offer LeBron for Zion.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #52
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

God damn, im kind of pissed...a freaking 3-way tiebreaker and the other both jump to 1 and 2.

15 times lottery and NEVER any luck
Old 05-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #53
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
God damn, im kind of pissed...a freaking 3-way tiebreaker and the other both jump to 1 and 2.

I will always be mad about the stupid ass wins at the end of this season
Old 05-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #54
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:

I’m not mad because I didn’t expect to move up, but it is kinda shitty that 3 teams with equal or worse odds all moved up.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 PM   #55
Underdog

@AdamSchefter: Crazy part of the NBA lottery. LeBron James leaves Cleveland for the Lakers...and one year later, the Lakers get a higher pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #56
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

My Second Round Wishlist:

Admiral Schofield - poor man's Zion... may have had best dunk in MM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmSDYdFsGEo)

Chuma Okeke - all-around scorer, moves extremely well without the ball

Carsen Edwards - just puts the ball in the hole... is also an underrated shooter and athlete... wasn't efficient but was asked to do a lot... I think he's going to be really good
Old 05-15-2019, 09:47 AM   #57
BPo001
Diamond Member

Back page of NY paper. I heard on the radio people got knocks/Zion tattoos. How dumb can people be?

Last edited by BPo001; 05-15-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #58
sefant77
Guru

This whole Zion isnt a Knick drama is bullshit...they had freaking 14%, so them missing out on him was actually normal...
Old 05-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #59
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
This whole Zion isnt a Knick drama is bullshit...they had freaking 14%, so them missing out on him was actually normal...
It is a bit humorous hearing Knick fans saying how they “deserve” Zion. I actually wanted Zion to the Knicks. His face was priceless when he realized he was going to NOLA.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #60
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

37th overall eh? I think we can get a rotational piece.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #61
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

37 isn't a horrible spot to pick.

Last year Mitchell Robinson, Rodions Kurucs, and Bruce Brown Jr. were all contributors drafted around there.

In 2017, Jordan Bell, Dillon Brooks, Dwayne Bacon, Sterling Brown, and Damyean Dotson were all drafted 37 or later.

In 2016, Macolm Brogdon was picked at 36.

Basically, we have a shot at a good player. (Did I just hype myself up for Dwayne Bacon? Life of a Mavs fan.)
Old 05-16-2019, 08:18 AM   #62
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
37 isn't a horrible spot to pick.

Last year Mitchell Robinson, Rodions Kurucs, and Bruce Brown Jr. were all contributors drafted around there.

In 2017, Jordan Bell, Dillon Brooks, Dwayne Bacon, Sterling Brown, and Damyean Dotson were all drafted 37 or later.

In 2016, Macolm Brogdon was picked at 36.

Basically, we have a shot at a good player. (Did I just hype myself up for Dwayne Bacon? Life of a Mavs fan.)
The good news for us is there isn't much difference in terms of talent between pick 37 and pick 15 in this draft.
The bad news is there isn't much difference in terms of talent between the 15th pick and 37th pick in this draft compared to other drafts.

In other words it will be extremely difficult to find a diamond in the rough in this draft so getting another Brunson caliber player in the 2nd round has a low chance of happening. Brunson would have most likely been a 1st rounder in this draft.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-16-2019 at 08:20 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #63
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
The good news for us is there isn't much difference in terms of talent between pick 37 and pick 15 in this draft.
The bad news is there isn't much difference in terms of talent between the 15th pick and 37th pick in this draft compared to other drafts.

In other words it will be extremely difficult to find a diamond in the rough in this draft so getting another Brunson caliber player in the 2nd round has a low chance of happening. Brunson would have most likely been a 1st rounder in this draft.

Agree Brunson would have gone first round, but I think there is a lot of late first/ early second kind of talent available this draft. 3/4 year players like Admiral Schofield, Isaiah Roby, Caries Edwards, and Eric Paschall are all expected to be drafted around where the Mavs pick and I think any one of those guys has a mature game that'll fit in immediately.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 AM   #64
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I will always be mad about the stupid ass wins at the end of this season
I wouldn't sweat it. I seriously think the lottery is rigged.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #65
sefant77
Guru

Its not rigged, its just a stupid lottery with a small sample size and huge variance...just look at the Timberwolves and the Cavs/Sixers...
Old 05-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #66
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Is one Luka enough for us?
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/sta...18791664934913
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #67
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Yes.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:25 PM   #68
Underdog

Would you trade pick #37 for him?

@dalton_trigg: According to @NYPost_Berman (The Knicks) also will look into offers for Ntilikina to see if they can add another early second-round or late first-round pick.”

Last edited by Underdog; 05-18-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #69
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

@dalton_trigg: According to @NYPost_Berman (The Knicks) also will look into offers for Ntilikina to see if they can add another early second-round or late first-round pick.”
I haven’t watched him play really at all, but I would. I’ll take my chances with a young former potter pick over a guy in a weak draft we get at #37. I’d imagine Donnie did a good amount of scouting on him too, so they are familiar with him already.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #70
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I trust the FO on this one. On paper drafting #37 this year might is worse than taking a swing at Frank. On ther other hand: We still have like a thousand guards on the roster...

Last edited by j0Shi; 05-18-2019 at 01:09 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:17 PM   #71
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not if another Jalen Brunson is available...but at least the Knicks have finally come to grips with how bad Frank has actually been.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #72
sefant77
Guru

Quote:

absolutly if we dont need the cap space for a big fish.

Frank has SG size with 6-6, so he would even fit beside Kemba and Luka. The potential is there and the Knicks are a garbage franchise, so i wouldnt be surprised if he gets much better after switching teams.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-18-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #73
Underdog

Quote:

Welp...

Mavs not interested in trading No. 37 for NY's Ntilikina
https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...ina-132179545/

Old 05-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #74
sefant77
Guru

I thought that the problem is the 5m pricetag.

Well, probably not our last chance to get him...
Old 05-21-2019, 06:17 PM   #75
tap2390
Diamond Member

Default Bored as Hell Lottery Mock v.1.0

1) NOP - Zion (duh)
2) MEM - Ja Morant (duh, but also allows them to move Conley)
3) NYK - RJ Barrett (they try desperately to give this pick to NO, but NO takes the Celtics package)
4) LAL - Deandre Hunter (they try desperately to give this pick to NO, but NO takes the Celtics package)
5) CLE - Jarrett Culver (joins Sexton to form backcourt of the future)
6) PHX - Darius Garland (Phoenix, desperate for a point, rolls the dice on the high-upside, low-downside Garland)
7) CHI - Coby White (Bulls were bottom 5 in scoring and White can put it in the bucket)
8) ATL - Jaxson Hayes (ATL gives Young a raw, but high-upside PNR partner)
9) WSH - Rui Hachimura (Wiz replace Otto Porter Jr.)
10) ATL - Nassir Little (ATL goes with another high-upside player looking to surround Trae with athletes)
11) MIN - Cam Reddish (Minny goes with BPA)
12) CHA - Sekou Doumbouya (Hornets go with the French player knowing he'll have the mentorship to succeed)
13) MIA - Keldon Johnson (Miami goes with the solid all-around Freshmen)
14) NOP via BOS - Bruno Fernando (originally Boston's pick, the Pelicans use it to replace Davis' presence down low with an enforcer)

37) DAL - Isaiah Roby (Dallas takes the rich man's Dorian Finney Smith)
Old 05-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #76
saclare
Platinum Member

I still think Keldon Johnson was the smoothest college player I saw play this season. Kid has a chance to be really good.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #77
saclare
Platinum Member

Tap, what do you think the trade with Boston looks like?
Old 05-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #78
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Tap, what do you think the trade with Boston looks like?

I think it looks something like:

Tatum
Smart
Baynes
Two out of the following three: #14, #20, #22, future first

for

AD

New Orleans goes for the quick Mavs-style kind-of-competing rebuild with Zion, Tatum, Smart, Jrue, and someone like Daniel Gafford, Bruno Fernando, or Brandon Clarke.

I agree with you regarding Keldon Johnson. When I redo the mock I'll probably put him after Reddish but before Little.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #79
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs Draft - June 30th

It's not far away. Who do you hope the Mavs are able to pick?

I would love to see Jalen Lecque in a Mavs uniform and Terance Mann might become a 3 & D monster

Last edited by MFFL; 05-22-2019 at 04:45 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #80
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

And I like Terence Davis as well
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote