Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Some team is going to pay Deng whatever he wants, but I doubt it'll be the Mavs (and I have a hard time believing he's interested in coming to Dallas). After this season, it should be clear that the Mavs need some interior defensive help - I just don't know where it'll come from. Maybe some deal involving one of the PG's (not Calderon, probably Harris or Larkin) or a sign & trade with VC or Matrix.

I'd say the biggest offseason target will probably be Gortat.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
Some team is going to pay Deng whatever he wants, but I doubt it'll be the Mavs (and I have a hard time believing he's interested in coming to Dallas). After this season, it should be clear that the Mavs need some interior defensive help - I just don't know where it'll come from. Maybe some deal involving one of the PG's (not Calderon, probably Harris or Larkin) or a sign & trade with VC or Matrix.

I'd say the biggest offseason target will probably be Gortat.
reading this forum it seems like every big FA wants to come to dallas...but i've never seen anyone sign with us.

And i doubt that calderon,harris and larkin will be pieces for some big trade...maybe the rookie could be send for a veteran.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
reading this forum it seems like every big FA wants to come to dallas...but i've never seen anyone sign with us.
Monta Ellis?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Monta Ellis?
yes,i like Monta(of course at this price) but he is a second/third star of a tem,every year we target players like CP3,howard,melo,lebron ecc ecc and dirk's getting older...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
It wouldn't be for a big trade - the only asset the Mavs have that could be part of a "big trade" is Dirk. Trading for a quality big is almost impossible anyway.

The Mavs would try to move Harris or Larkin to possibly get a draft pick or in a trade similar to the Celtics/Heat/Warriors trade yesterday.

I'm pretty confident the Mavs won't be making any big trades anytime soon.
i think that we need to separate calderon and ellis(because they have starter's salary and they don't play together) and the only way is a trade,right now.

the cavs take Deng for bynum(= marion's contract) and picks(probabily only seconds rounds)...

Last edited by JeffViggiano; 01-16-2014 at 03:12 PM.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
i think that we need to separate calderon and ellis(because they have starter's salary and they don't play together) and the only way is a trade,right now.

the cavs take Deng for bynum(= marion's contract) and picks(probabily only seconds rounds)...
I think Ellis is fine at the SG spot, but you really need a solid defender at PG, especially in the west where it seems like every other team has an all-star caliber PG. I think if Harris comes back and plays well (especially on D), he may even supplant Calderon as starter - and I think that could be a HUGE difference.

I would be hesitant to trade Calderon or Ellis just because the offense is so efficient (6th in the league right now). The Mavs could probably gain a few additional wins without making any lineup changes if they just played at a faster pace.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes,i like Monta(of course at this price) but he is a second/third star of a tem,every year we target players like CP3,howard,melo,lebron ecc ecc and dirk's getting older...
Well, Deng is a lot closer to Ellis in talent/pay than he is LeBron, Paul or Howard... So why can't we get him?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
Burn this City

Quote:

And i doubt that calderon,harris and larkin will be pieces for some big trade...maybe the rookie could be send for a veteran.
It wouldn't be for a big trade - the only asset the Mavs have that could be part of a "big trade" is Dirk. Trading for a quality big is almost impossible anyway.

The Mavs would try to move Harris or Larkin to possibly get a draft pick or in a trade similar to the Celtics/Heat/Warriors trade yesterday.

I'm pretty confident the Mavs won't be making any big trades anytime soon.

Last edited by Burn this City; 01-16-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Burn this City is offline   Reply With Quote