Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-25-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default SeriousSummer remakes the Mavs

Well, maybe the Mavs don't need to do something this radical, but here we go anyway:

1. Marquis Daniels to Toronto for Mike James in a sign and trade--Toronto needs a young, athletic swing man; Dallas needs a point guard with cojones & this one is being rumored.

2. Jerry Stackhouse & the No. 28 pick to Milwaukee for Jamal Magloire--This trade of players in the last year of their contracts, which match as to salaries, is to open the right positions for players the teams already have: Milwaukee wants to move Magloire so Bogut can play center; having just acquired Mike James to start at the point, Dallas wants to move Jason Terry to the sixth man. Now they both can. I'd try to do it without the draft pick, but it's only a 28th pick anyway. It might also be possible to send Pavel or Josh Powell instead.

3. Erick Dampier to Denver for Shane Battier and Brian Cardinal--Dallas no longer needs Dampier with the younger Diop, resigned MBenga and newly acquired Magloire (for one year), so the Mavs can afford to ship Dampier to Memphis, to pair with Gasol, in an exchange of bad contracts (possibly Battier excepted).

Mavs new roster:

Center--Diop, Magloire, MBenga, Pavel
Power Forward--Dirk, Josh Powell (Cardinal)
Small Forward--Battier, Cardinal (Howard)
Shooting Guard--Howard, Terry, Griffin, Marshall
Point Guard--James, Harris, Armstrong, (Terry)

Pavel, Marshall (if you want to keep him) and either Griffin or Armstrong (if you want to keep either of them) are on the inactive list, barring injuries.

I'd wait to see what the Mavs could find in the second round of the draft or the free agent market before committing to Marshall, Griffin or Armstrong.

These trades don't cost anything in salary, make the team younger, and address the two places I think the team needs help: a more reliable point guard and better reserves, especially defensively at the forward spots.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Need more marketability...
Old 06-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

More marketability?

Then Dampier, Daniels & Harris to Philadelphia for Iverson & Hunter. Iverson is the only marketable superstar available.

Diop/MBenga/Hunter
Dirk/resign KVH?/Powell
Howard/Stackhouse
Terry/Griffin
Iverson/Armstrong

That's not a bad team, but not as good as you would like either.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I like 'em all, SS. Maybe not so much the third one (you meant Memphis, not Denver, by the way), but I'd still do it.

Get Mike James!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

WHO?

Mike Jaaames!

sorry i had to.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't like giving up Stack and #28 for Magloire. The rest seem good though.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #7
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Serious, I like your style. I'd definitly try all of those. Maybe Jerry West is crazy enough to take on damp still. Tell you what, having James, Battier, JHO, Dirk and Doip as our starting lineup would kill it on defense. If we could learn to pass the rock and move without the ball, we'd be killer. The Terry as sixth man is a waste, find someone to be the sixth man, don't pay a 28 year old 8 mill a year to come off the bench.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglemann
Serious, I like your style. I'd definitly try all of those. Maybe Jerry West is crazy enough to take on damp still. Tell you what, having James, Battier, JHO, Dirk and Doip as our starting lineup would kill it on defense. If we could learn to pass the rock and move without the ball, we'd be killer. The Terry as sixth man is a waste, find someone to be the sixth man, don't pay a 28 year old 8 mill a year to come off the bench.

Terry would be awesome off the bench, he would play Stack like minutes and score 20 a game. Battier also could come off the bench instead and we could start Terry. Interesting ideas though.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 06-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Good thinking, keep them coming.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
3. Erick Dampier to Denver for Shane Battier and Brian Cardinal--Dallas no longer needs Dampier with the younger Diop, resigned MBenga and newly acquired Magloire (for one year), so the Mavs can afford to ship Dampier to Memphis, to pair with Gasol, in an exchange of bad contracts (possibly Battier excepted).
This whole thing hinges on whether or not Denver wants Dampier. If they want Dampier, it would be a no-brainer. They trade away Memphis's players for a big man.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-25-2006 at 08:51 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:27 PM   #11
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Can Battier stop guys like Kobe and Wade? Just a question for those who have seen him play more than I have..
Old 06-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
This whole thing hinges on whether or not Denver wants Dampier. If they want Dampier, it would be a no-brainer. They trade away Memphis's players for a big man.
LOL

Old 06-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Battier is a pretty good defender in my view, I think he would fit well with our team, I think he'd play Kobe and Wade better than a lot of people but he wouldnt shut them down by himself thats for sure. I like all the trades but dont know if the teams would go for them or not. I really dont know about the James trade though... in fact I havent really been paying attention but since when do the Mavs want Terry off the bench? Harris is a deadly weapon to have (he does what he does well). Aside from this though, I just hate age... I dont want James for a younger guy but if its only Daniels then I suppose.... and Magloire? Well he would be decent I suppose I havent seen him play a lot last season actually but judging from his stats it would still be a good contrast to go with Diop, less defense more offense from the bigs... not bad.

Iverson on our team? Once again we're trading a lot of youth with Harris and Daniels (and bigman D in Dampier, but also a big contract) it might be just the thing to get a championship. But hey we made it to the finals didnt we?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote