Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Peja?

Could we lure him away from Indiana with a long-term deal? It'd have to be a S&T, but we have parts to make that happen. What about something like Stackhouse, DJ, cash & #28 for a re-signed Peja? Play him at the 3, move Josh to the 2. Gives us the second offensive threat we need, high FT%, strong 3 pt shooter, decent rebounder, protects the ball well. I don't know how set he is on returning to Indiana, nor how willing they'd be to work a S&T if he decided to bolt...but figured I'd float this one out there.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Interesting idea. I wouldn't mind having Peja around, but what about his D?

I also think he's pretty set on returning to Indy.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 06-27-2006 at 06:07 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Absolutely don't want Peja...

Marketable in Yugoslavia but not in USA, no thanks....
Old 06-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

D would be an issue...unless he's on Finley, who he seems to guard well.

I dunno--say the James rumors are true; we add James & Peja, in place of Terry, Stackhouse & Daniels; James is a defensive upgrade over Terry (without a big offensive dropoff), Josh is a defensive upgrade at the 2 over Stackhouse (lot of minutes there this year) or Terry (who would presumably see some minutes at the 2 as well); so we upgrade two positions defensively and downgrade 1. Assuming both Dirk and Diop continue to improve their D, I don't think we're that bad off.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Interesting idea. I wouldn't mind having Peja around, but what about his D?

I also think he's pretty set on returning to Indy.
Actually Peja just waived his last year on his contract to become a Free Agent.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #6
bobatundi
Golden Member

That's what inspired me to start the thread.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #7
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

peja is soft...unless avery can pull the toughness out of him? hmmmmmm....im 50/50 on it. I'd only take 3-4 yrs though.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:34 PM   #8
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Peja would be great here. No doubt about it. Also, Peja is decent defensively at small forward. In my opinion he is a better defensive small forward than Terry is at point or shooting guard. Peja has mucho game. If the Mavs could land him AND keep Terry AND get James. Then you'd have something special in the works. The Mavs don't need wholesale changes. They just need to upgrade and supplement their existing roster. Trim the fat and add some more muscle so to speak.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I like Peja but the Mavs need a name type player. And while Peja is a fun name to say three times real fast, he's not a 2nd star.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

i would love peja. Have always loved his game and he is a MUCH better defender than people think. Would love to do it for that deal but i doubt it gets them to give him up.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #11
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Chokes.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #12
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
Chokes.

The guy is often seen leaving the game after the 3rd quarter to call Vlade...
Old 06-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #13
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

Peja opted out for money reasons, but that was no surprise. He has made it clear he wants to stay in Indiana, and they want the same thing. I doubt he will go anywhere else.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Remember the Peja vs. Dirk debate of three years ago? Ugghhhh..

I've always liked Peja though. I'm not sure how he would work out here as a guy in the starting rotation or if he's an "Avery-type guy", but I've always liked him.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 06-27-2006 at 10:31 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #15
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by some-dude
Actually Peja just waived his last year on his contract to become a Free Agent.

Yeah, I know that. He waived his last year, because he wants to negotiate a long term deal with Indy.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 06-27-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:33 PM   #16
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

just say no
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:36 PM   #17
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I wouldn't mind getting Peja, but it's not going to happen. Too expensive and not very good at D. I don't think this offseason is going to result in any drastic changes to the team.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #18
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Peja's D is the same as Stack's D, which 's not much. But I do think he's underrated as a defensive player. Peja's scheduled to make approximately 8 mil this coming year. He's opt out, so he's definitely looking at around 10 to 12 mils /year for 5 years. I would not mind if he's coming here at all
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote