Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2022, 11:29 PM   #1
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Welp it's over fellas

Suns fans are crazy up in here and Brunson and Dinwiddie both need to be traded and get a bigger backcourt mate for Luka.

Paul and Booker just can't be stopped by Dallas.
Really surprising that New Orleans played them so close. Just shows that if you have 2 stars that can score like McCollum and Ingram, you can be competitive vs these guys. Helps also that they have have a nba caliber Center
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:32 PM   #2
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

First time I’ve ever turned off a Mavs playoff game. Once it got to 12 and Dinwiddie launches a 3 that scraped the side of the rim…

I’m mad but I’m not. Because any logical person knew Suns would win the series. But I’m mad because of how easy it is. And cause I hate Chris Paul.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:35 PM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
Really surprising that New Orleans played them so close. Just shows that if you have 2 stars that can score like McCollum and Ingram, you can be competitive vs these guys. Helps also that they have have a nba caliber Center
Jonas, Larry Nance jr are a very good inside game. Mavs have literally nothing.

You have Herb Jones that can cover multiple positions. Alvarado is always a 3 point threat and has no trouble keeping up with Paul. We have no one that can get close to Paul defensively.

Ingram and CJ are a hell of a pair. With Zion they are contenders.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:45 AM   #4
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah but New Orleans has solid big's on their roster.

The Mavs continue to roll into the playoffs year after year with Powell and his 11 million contract.

You can legitimately say that all 3 Phoenix big's (Ayton, McGee and Bismark) are all better than Powell.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Watching this game up close Dallas needs to really consider benching Powell and going with Chriss or Boban even if that means they play some change up zone defense.

The Suns don't respect the Mavs perimeter players at all so they basically have the attitude of let Luka get his but shutdown everyone else.

If I'm Dallas I'm on phone with Indiana this summer offering a some kind of package of Brunson, Dinwiddie, THJ, Powell and Kleber for that Turner/Brogdon combination.

We've seen enough at this point to realize the Mavs smaller guards just can't produce vs long wing players.

The Clippers basically proved that every time they play Dallas.

As much as some fans love JB and rightfully so they should still realize that guys like Brogdon or Lavine would better suited to be a 2nd option next to Luka.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 01:16 AM   #5
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yeah but New Orleans has solid big's on their roster.

The Mavs continue to roll into the playoffs year after year with Powell and his 11 million contract.

You can legitimately say that all 3 Phoenix big's (Ayton, McGee and Bismark) are all better than Powell.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Watching this game up close Dallas needs to really consider benching Powell and going with Chriss or Boban even if that means they play some change up zone defense.

The Suns don't respect the Mavs perimeter players at all so they basically have the attitude of let Luka get his but shutdown everyone else.

If I'm Dallas I'm on phone with Indiana this summer offering a some kind of package of Brunson, Dinwiddie, THJ, Powell and Kleber for that Turner/Brogdon combination.

We've seen enough at this point to realize the Mavs smaller guards just can't produce vs long wing players.

The Clippers basically proved that every time they play Dallas.

As much as some fans love JB and rightfully so they should still realize that guys like Brogdon or Lavine would better suited to be a 2nd option next to Luka.
Awesome points man..
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:48 AM   #6
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
The Suns also played down to the competition in the first round.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:52 AM   #7
Melonhead
Guru

All of this is fixed with a center.

Jonas V
Larry Nance
Ayton
Javale
Biyombo
Gobert
Steven Adams

Are all better on sight.

I’m so sick of the narrative that Luka is a ball hog. That’s all I’m seeing this morning. Get Luka a center it takes off more pressure. I think Jalen and Dinwiddie would be better served too if there was a center to actually work into the offense.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:15 AM   #8
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
All of this is fixed with a center.

Jonas V
Larry Nance
Ayton
Javale
Biyombo
Gobert
Steven Adams

Are all better on sight.

I’m so sick of the narrative that Luka is a ball hog. That’s all I’m seeing this morning. Get Luka a center it takes off more pressure. I think Jalen and Dinwiddie would be better served too if there was a center to actually work into the offense.
The sooner they replace this guy the better

Questioning some key coaching decisions
The Mavericks have been outscored 18-to-4 in the opening three minutes of Game 1 and Game 2. Those points can largely be laid at the feet of center Dwight Powell, who plays hard but simply isn’t a physical match up for this entire series. He gets picked on by guards on switches and out muscled by all Phoenix players. He started both the first quarter and the third quarter when the Mavericks got absolutely blasted. I’m not sure how much more the coaching staff needs to see to keep trying the same thing that isn’t working.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote