Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough
Default Somebody enlighten me

I am surprised how the refs play against the Mavs.Is it just because NBA wants a close game to attract audiences and a young future star?Or is it because powerful Jews are against the big German? (I know it's next to impossible)
I feel sick about NBA...
Old 05-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

I think its refs being star-struck by popular players. Dirk isn't popular.

Last edited by MascisMan; 05-21-2011 at 11:47 PM.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
DallasMavericksIn2011

DallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post
Dirk isn't popular.
What...?
DallasMavericksIn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMavericksIn2011 View Post
What...?
I mean, as far as national spotlight goes...he is not nearly as popular as Durant
Old 05-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think NBA refs are stupid. They watch a guy bulling into the lane and they contstantly call fouls that they do not actually see..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Gray Sage

Gray Sage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatLA View Post
I am surprised how the refs play against the Mavs.Or is it because powerful Jews are against the big German? (I know it's next to impossible)
I feel sick about NBA...
I must say that's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this board.
Gray Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't done enough lurking...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Or is it because powerful Jews are against the big German?
Nowitzki is clearly a Polish and also likely a Jewish surname. So it's quite possible his ancestors were Jews and he has Jewish blood running threw his veins, whatever that means. BTW, Cuban is definitely a Jew, and I don't think David Stern gives him any extra love for that.

I think NBA conspiracy theories are as useful as end-of-the-world predictions. If the NBA was in the business of manipulating the outcome of games, why didn't they prolong the Mavs-Lakers series? Why did they allow a Nets-Spurs finals back in 2003?
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I think someone with the username "beatLA" (very timely!) should wait a little bit longer before deciding to start threads...
Old 05-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #10
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Yes,sir.Too excited then.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Are there Jews in China?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #12
beatLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Nowitzki is clearly a Polish and also likely a Jewish surname. So it's quite possible his ancestors were Jews and he has Jewish blood running threw his veins, whatever that means. BTW, Cuban is definitely a Jew, and I don't think David Stern gives him any extra love for that.

I think NBA conspiracy theories are as useful as end-of-the-world predictions. If the NBA was in the business of manipulating the outcome of games, why didn't they prolong the Mavs-Lakers series? Why did they allow a Nets-Spurs finals back in 2003?
Thank you.Really helpful.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you.Really helpful.
Aw, man. As nice as it sounds, I don't think you mean that.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #14
beatLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Are there Jews in China?
Not in the history.Nowadays of course yes.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #15
beatLA

Quote:
Aw, man. As nice as it sounds, I don't think you mean that.
I love following NBA and playing basketball myself.So I don't like conspiracy and I don't want to believe that.Since you convinced me the sport is quite clean,I'm happy.So I do mean that.Not mention the information about Cuban and "Nowitzki".I mean that.

Guess my Chenglish sounds differently.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Not in the history.Nowadays of course yes.
And how does that make you feel?
Old 05-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I love following NBA and playing basketball myself.So I don't like conspiracy and I don't want to believe that.Since you convinced me the sport is quite clean,I'm happy.So I do mean that.Not mention the information about Cuban and "Nowitzki".I mean that.

Guess my Chenglish sounds differently.
I think you misunderstood. They are clean with the Jews, but I'm not so sure about the Chinese.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
beatLA

Quote:
I think you misunderstood. They are clean with the Jews, but I'm not so sure about the Chinese.
I don't know what you try to imply.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I don't know what you try to imply.
Maybe powerful Jews are against the big Chinese.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
beatLA

Quote:
And how does that make you feel?
Nothing.I don't have racism.I heard the Jews against Dirk staff from someone else.But we read about Jews are powerful in America now and then.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Nothing.I don't have racism.I heard the Jews against Dirk staff from someone else.But we read about Jews are powerful in America now and then.
Trust me. They are very, very powerful. More powerful than you could read about. And not just now and then, but always.

Very powerful.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
beatLA

Quote:
Maybe powerful Jews are against the big Chinese.
I don't know about that.In the basketball world,I don't care about that.I'm not a Yao fan.Outside the basketball world,at the end of the day nations and races are against each other forever.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Outside the basketball world,at the end of the day nations and races are against each other forever.
Well, that's a pretty jaded way of looking at things.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #24
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Old 05-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #25
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

early worst thread of the year nominee

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #26
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Ok, Jews and Germans, so ridiculous I couldn't read anymore.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

wat

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #28
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

This is no worse the Lakers fan who came on here during the Lakers series who knew nothing of history. That moron compared Dirk to Hitler.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #29
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know that Jerry Seinfeld has a collection of Porsches? How ironic is that....
Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #30
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I like turtles.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #31
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

These are big, fast guys. Cutting all over the place, playing a very fast game. The refs arent perfect. I think its a much tougher job than any of us can imagine, having to make split second calls like they do. You can't think about it, you have to make these calls on the spot in a game that moves as fast as it does.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #32
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

what was all that stuff about the rapture this weekend? I'm glad it didn't happen, I wasn't at all prepared (physically or spiritually).
Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #33
MascisMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
These are big, fast guys. Cutting all over the place, playing a very fast game. The refs arent perfect. I think its a much tougher job than any of us can imagine, having to make split second calls like they do. You can't think about it, you have to make these calls on the spot in a game that moves as fast as it does.

I guess the Mavs were just unlucky then in game 3. Aw shucks.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #34
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
what was all that stuff about the rapture this weekend? I'm glad it didn't happen, I wasn't at all prepared (physically or spiritually).
oh, the _rapture_ was this weekend? I spent all saturday looking out for raptors. Hah, wow I really am a klutz. I must have watched Jurassic Park eight times Friday preparing...clever girl!

Last edited by Ninkobei; 05-23-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
early worst thread of the year nominee
It's really not that early in the year anymore.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #36
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

"This thread."

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #37
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Of course they aren't perfect, they just happen to be blatantly in the favor of OKC. I am just praying that we have balanced officiating the rest of this series - that would be a huge boost for Dallas...