Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-25-2003, 12:28 PM   #1
MAVSWIN

MAVSWIN is on a distinguished road

Do you all think the mavericks can win the title this year with all the criticism they have been receiving this year? All I have been hearing all year is that they are too soft, not mentally tough, need a few more tough wars, and poor defense. What are your unbiased opinions?
MAVSWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2003, 12:34 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Analyist and critics like to take the easy road out when it comes to predictions. All of em say that Sac will win because of how deep they are, or LA will win b/c of the last 3 seasons. I hope it comes a surprise to them when the Mavs win it ALL.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:36 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

depends upon what lineups nellie goes with in the playoffs..if nellie wants to play heavy minutes with nve, nash and fin on the court, then no..they don't have much of a shot.

if nellie's willing to sacrifice just a little offense for significantly better defense (which includes significant PT for bradley and najera), then yes, they do have a shot.

obviously, it also depends upon where they end up in the conference.
I'm basing my opinion on them retaining the #1 seed.

Luckily, the lakers should match up with the Kings or the Spurs in tthe first round. This gives the mavs a chance of facing only one of the three elite teams in the conference..and would give them a big advantage
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 01:06 PM   #4
Intruder

Intruder is on a distinguished road

My unbiased answer to that is YES. The last time I checked critics don't play the games [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. It's all about setting rotations, and sticking to them.

Intruder
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:56 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

A lot of times the weakside defense isn't there for the mavericks. Its weird when bradley blocks a shot he rarely jumps to block the shot. Maybe he would block more shots if he actually jumped!

Our man to man defense is still bad. Yesterday instead of forcing Harvey to shoot we let him get to the basket on a layup! Our best defensive game of the season was the second time we played the Spurs when we just collapsed on Duncan.

Jibba-Jabba
To give up a layup to Parker however fast he is or good he is just can't happen! With less crying might come more defensive blocks instead of fouls. I mean you could call a foul on almost every play, but we almost never get the benefit of the doubt on a LaFrentz block shot.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote