Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-09-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all
Default Question

First off, i'm thinking about starting another website. This one dedicated to North Texas Sports or even cover the entire state. Would anybody be interested in helping out? And 2nd, Ideas. If i start one, should it be all of texas or just north texas? Simple or High tech? Domain name? etc.... I need ideas and opinions. Should i even lay down the $$$ to make it in the first place?

Thoughts please. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default RE:Question

Hey, this sounds like a cool idea!! It's awesome you're thinking of such an undertaking. Will this site be primarily a discussion forum like this one, or are you hoping to have mostly articles and pictures? Maybe that's a dumb question?

Having the site cover All of Texas would probably increase your number of hits faster, but if you're posting all the aritcles (should you go that route) it would also be more work. It might depend on what you have time for, and how much assistance you'll get.

This is great. I wish you well in your big task. I hope you find it very rewarding!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Question

Can I be your forums first official ass or has murph called dibs already? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
Hey, this sounds like a cool idea!! It's awesome you're thinking of such an undertaking. Will this site be primarily a discussion forum like this one, or are you hoping to have mostly articles and pictures? Maybe that's a dumb question?
)
Not a dumb question at all. It would primarily be a forum but their would be a "real" home page with other content. Much like my current website ( www.thehardcoregamer.net ). Could really add whatever people would want to see pretty much.

Thx for the thoughts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Can I be your forums first official ass or has murph called dibs already? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Murphy already has it permanently tattooed accros his head i thought?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Aight, so i think i'll stay in north texas. But should i go with "northtexas(something).com" or "dallas(something).com". ? And what should that "something" be?

Suggestions?

Old 02-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

How about (keeping in line with your current site...) HardcoreDallassports.com... or DallasHardcoreSports.com
Old 02-10-2005, 03:19 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
How about (keeping in line with your current site...) HardcoreDallassports.com... or DallasHardcoreSports.com
parachuting, aggresive skateboarding, and wakeboarding?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:22 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget moguls..... and bungee jumping.....
Old 02-10-2005, 03:25 PM   #10
TheBaron

TheBaron is on a distinguished road

and bullriding....cant forget that in Texas.

Oh boy!
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #12
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
Generally speaking, this would be a good idea. However, the words hard core may make the site inaccessible from some computers, especially at work.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

He already has hardcoregamer.net.... so I doubt he's concerned with that. Besides, I don't know of many companies blocking domains by wildcard.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Hardcoresports.net
Metroplexsports.whatever
NorthTexSports.net

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Metroplexsports. I like the sound of that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Whoo Hoo!!!!!!

What do I win? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
What do I win? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Site is registered. DB will be ready in 24 hours. Site should be completly up and running by Monday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

count me in.....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That's kind of ironic that Doc gets a cookie.... seeing as when he visits and registers at the new site he will actually get a cookie.....

Unless he's blocking cookies that is... if so he might have trouble registering.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

strug-ah-ling

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #21
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
That's kind of ironic that Doc gets a cookie.... seeing as when he visits and registers at the new site he will actually get a cookie.....

Unless he's blocking cookies that is... if so he might have trouble registering.
u2....................D-M.com's own David Letterman.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Irony is wonderful thing.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:16 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Host screwed something up with my database so it'll be a few more days. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 PM   #24
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

okey dokey. Still alot of work to be done and to clean up, but here it tis... www.metroplexsportsonline.com .

Old 02-17-2005, 05:02 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

just checked it out....

Old 03-20-2005, 06:20 PM   #26
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Well, saidly, for various reasons, the site is officially dead. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Due to complcations, hacker attacking my other site, and time(had none). I choose to cancel it before it even got started. Ohwell, it was fun to dream. HcG's still alive and kickin wOOt.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:33 PM   #27
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

two cheers for hcg. hooray
Old 03-20-2005, 09:10 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Poop.