Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2015, 12:39 AM   #881
Laster

Laster is a jewel in the roughLaster is a jewel in the roughLaster is a jewel in the rough

With all the difficulties this team has had along the years, with all the controversy. Without a doubt when you scale amount of dedication- amount of bad luck, mavs are right up there. And still, mavs can say one thing clippers can't.

Where them rings at? Now stfu losers.
Laster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2015, 01:06 AM   #882
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The thing that makes me saddest is that Deandre is not an isolated case. He's a perfect example of a generation of parents -- particularly of athletes-- who don't parent. They serve. They don't teach character or morals. They don't train kids to be respectful and treat others well. They treat them like kings. They do their laundry and buy them cars. In the case of athletes, they treat their kids like investments. They serve them like slaves now and when the kid makes it pro, ma and pa get a house and a car. A retirement account. We have a generation of people who think lying is okay, that "ghosting" (as Deandre did today) is just fine. You don't have to show respect by communicating. You don't have to say please and thank you. That is incredibly rare in this generation and even rarer among professional athletes who were groomed since middle school. Dirk should be the norm, but he's not. He's the knight in shining armor for just being the respectful, normal dude that everyone should be. It's ridiculous and sad and I may have had a few alcoholic beverages.
Well said.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:11 AM   #883
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
That's what I was talking about. Nobody cares about what an asshole DJ is. All are like... man bad for Mavs, but it was fun, eh?
Every single nba website blogger/twitter person. And if you tried to state your issue, they'd make you feel stupid for being mad about the situation to begin with.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:14 AM   #884
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
This is exactly how I feel. Tyson loved this city and loved playing for us. Why couldn't we just have paid him? It's like we didn't learn from the 2011 offseason debacle. The craziest thing to me is we now actually have some folks on here somehow upset that Tyson left. Why should Tyson sit around and wait for the Mavs to chase "big fish" even though he had already proven himself numerous times to this team? Tyson did the right thing for himself and his career if you ask me. Just sucks that we keep chasing after these big name free agents and we continue to get burned. Now watch in a few months after the burn of this debacle begins to fade a bit, we'll start chasing yet another big name free agent and the same thing will happen yet again.
Don't worry Cuban will be chasing Durant.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:29 AM   #885
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Deandre is almost too dumb and immature to hate.

I feel really, really bad for Dirk. We will probably never see a playoff game from him again. Unfathomable. This probably cost us Rick as well.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #886
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I really felt that the Mavs were making a mistake by not making TY a top priority. If they'd said all along to him that they wanted to re-sign him, and try to have room for a Matthews-type player, he'd have re-upped without question. Yes, he's older than DJ, but I just couldn't see paying max money to a guy that you have to take off the court in close games...a guy that makes Shaq look fundamentally sound from the free-throw line. Once DJ agreed, I tried to convince myself this was the right move, that Holger would teach him how to shoot FTs, etc...but man, all I keep thinking about is the press conference, when the reporter asked TY if he would re-sign with the Mavs after the season was over, and Cuban interrupting him to say, "I learn from my mistakes." Clearly, Mark, you do not.

Really not sure how much longer I can root for this team. Ever since we blew up the 2011 champs, it's been an annual game of musical chairs, with no indication that it's ever going to stop. Maybe it's time someone questioned if Donnie Nelson really knows what he's doing.

The right thing to do at this point would be to take that remaining $19MM in cap room and give it all to Dirk. Pay him back for his "discount" that he gave to the Mavs, since they clearly haven't come close to living up to it.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:46 AM   #887
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that people would put any blame on Cuban right now...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:52 AM   #888
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Ok who made this video, cmon.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:54 AM   #889
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

At this point, it's time to tank for Simmons. Trade anything on this team for picks. I have no clue about trade deadlines, etc... We need to win under 10 games and hope for a top 3 pick.

We MUST find a young super star, and then in year two, Cuban can work his magic and try to max out a Robin for the future Batman. This regime can't be pieced together anymore. It's over. And I'd rather be in the pits of hell to at least try to get a great player, than to be stuck in the middle of the pack being trash. We have to find a star in the draft for a year or two, this is why we must trade Parson's and anyone else for picks, unless it's too late for that.

This DJ thing that just happened, it's sad and disappointing. I wish nothing but "almost won the championship" for the LA Clippers and DJ's career. He's a first class loser for what he just did, but this franchise can turn things around if they can stomach 2 years in hell.

Last edited by mavsjunkie; 07-09-2015 at 02:12 AM.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #890
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

@SportsSturm: I want him fouled every minute of their first game here. 6 hour game. 148 FT attempts. We will set records.

@MFollowill: @SportsSturm I got no problem with it
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:42 AM   #891
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Odom, Rondo, Jordan — Mavs fans sold their soul for a championship in 2011, apparently this is the price we had to pay.
If that's the case... It was fucking worth it.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #892
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
@SportsSturm: I want him fouled every minute of their first game here. 6 hour game. 148 FT attempts. We will set records.

+1

Let's take this ugly-ass league to its logical conclusion...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2015 at 02:43 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:45 AM   #893
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm torn. I'm tempted to say something stupid like I hope he gets cancer or blows a knee or something like that but the truth is I never wish injury on another human being. He's clearly a kid who never grew up, so what I really hope is that for his sake he grows up or else he'll be just another in the long line of athletes who went broke.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 07-09-2015 at 02:46 AM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:55 AM   #894
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

[tweet]https://twitter.com/clydedrexler22/status/618957437479993344[/tweet]

Quote:
Clyde Drexler ‏@clydedrexler22 6h6 hours ago

Why are you playing with people's time and money? your word is as valuable as your free throw shooting #DeAndreJordan #clippers #Mavericks

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:02 AM   #895
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I'm torn. I'm tempted to say something stupid like I hope he gets cancer or blows a knee or something like that but the truth is I never wish injury on another human being. He's clearly a kid who never grew up, so what I really hope is that for his sake he grows up or else he'll be just another in the long line of athletes who went broke.
And if you follow this line of thinking, then the adults in his life Doc, CP3, and Balmer have just become enablers for their own benefit.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:03 AM   #896
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
[tweet]https://twitter.com/clydedrexler22/status/618957437479993344[/tweet]
Houston reporter verified that this is a fake account. I so wanted it to be true.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:38 AM   #897
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Houston reporter verified that this is a fake account. I so wanted it to be true.
Even if it's a fake, it's 100% true.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 07-09-2015, 05:29 AM   #898
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Waking up to this fucking bullshit. I can't believe this shit. Fuck him and FUCK the Clippers. I never thought I'd hate a franchise more than the Warriors, Lakers, and the fucking Heat. What a bitch. He didn't even talk to Cuban or Parsons, are you fucking kidding me? This dude is making Dwight look like a fucking professional. You know what? I hope the fucking Clippers never amount to anything. Seriously, I hope Paul never wins a ring or an MVP, fuck that asshole. You too Doc, you voiceless asshole, I hope by the end your career is over you can't even speak you piece of shit. Also, fuck Blake Griffin, trash fuck. Fuck the Clippers and all of their piece of shit fans. May they never win at anything. Curse those fucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The thing that makes me saddest is that Deandre is not an isolated case. He's a perfect example of a generation of parents -- particularly of athletes-- who don't parent. They serve. They don't teach character or morals. They don't train kids to be respectful and treat others well. They treat them like kings. They do their laundry and buy them cars. In the case of athletes, they treat their kids like investments. They serve them like slaves now and when the kid makes it pro, ma and pa get a house and a car. A retirement account. We have a generation of people who think lying is okay, that "ghosting" (as Deandre did today) is just fine. You don't have to show respect by communicating. You don't have to say please and thank you. That is incredibly rare in this generation and even rarer among professional athletes who were groomed since middle school. Dirk should be the norm, but he's not. He's the knight in shining armor for just being the respectful, normal dude that everyone should be. It's ridiculous and sad and I may have had a few alcoholic beverages.
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to EricaLubarsky again.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 07-09-2015 at 05:33 AM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:03 AM   #899
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord, I missed ALL of the drama leading up to this. I wake up, eat breakfast, go through my usual morning routine, and eventually casually check ESPN.com to see simply "Deandre staying with Clippers after all!" Nice way to start my day.

Well this about the worst thing that could have happened to the Mavs this summer, and single worst thing that I can ever remember happening to any team that I follow. What a fucking embarrassment- not just for the Mavs but for the entire free agency process. What Jordan and the Clippers did may not technically be illegal, but is RIDICULOUSLY unethical and unprofessional. Can't say that I blame the Clippers for doing it- they remain contenders by doing what they did. But this is just fucking ridiculous. If the league can't formally punish the Clippers for this, then the rules of free agency need a massive overhaul.

I'm hard pressed to get any kind of positive out of this debacle, but we may have honestly dodged a bullet. If THIS is the kind of person Jordan is, then he is definitely not someone you want to build your franchise around going into the future. Reneging on his verbal commitment was bad enough, but to not even give the Mavs the common courtesy of answering Cuban's fucking phone calls? That is just beyond the pale. He's a coward. Plain and simple. Better we just not have any involvement than to have to trade him away along with draft picks just to get someone to take him off our hands when he inevitably melts down and becomes a liability down the road after we'd already signed him to a max deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
At this point, it's time to tank for Simmons. Trade anything on this team for picks. I have no clue about trade deadlines, etc... We need to win under 10 games and hope for a top 3 pick.

We MUST find a young super star, and then in year two, Cuban can work his magic and try to max out a Robin for the future Batman. This regime can't be pieced together anymore. It's over. And I'd rather be in the pits of hell to at least try to get a great player, than to be stuck in the middle of the pack being trash. We have to find a star in the draft for a year or two, this is why we must trade Parson's and anyone else for picks, unless it's too late for that.

This DJ thing that just happened, it's sad and disappointing. I wish nothing but "almost won the championship" for the LA Clippers and DJ's career. He's a first class loser for what he just did, but this franchise can turn things around if they can stomach 2 years in hell.
This is where I'm at. Tank to the very bottom so we don't have to just give away our pick to Boston. Trade anything of value for more picks. Sucks if we lose Rick, but after this fiasco we were probably going to lose him anyway.

Also, If I were Cuban I'd have a heart-to-heart with Dirk, apologize profusely for wasting the last years of his career, thank him repeatedly for bringing this franchise to greatness and being the epitome of class and loyalty- and then I would offer to buy out Dirk's contract so he can retire with dignity or go play somewhere else. Dirk deserves better than to play for a bottom-feeding team at the end of his career.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:05 AM   #900
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Good lord, I missed ALL of the drama leading up to this. I wake up, eat breakfast, go through my usual morning routine, and eventually casually check ESPN.com to see simply "Deandre staying with Clippers after all!" Nice way to start my day.

Well this about the worst thing that could have happened to the Mavs this summer, and single worst thing that I can ever remember happening to any team that I follow. What a fucking embarrassment- not just for the Mavs but for the entire free agency process. What Jordan and the Clippers did may not technically be illegal, but is RIDICULOUSLY unethical and unprofessional. Can't say that I blame the Clippers for doing it- they remain contenders by doing what they did. But this is just fucking ridiculous. If the league can't formally punish the Clippers for this, then the rules of free agency need a massive overhaul.

I'm hard pressed to get any kind of positive out of this debacle, but we may have honestly dodged a bullet. If THIS is the kind of person Jordan is, then he is definitely not someone you want to build your franchise around going into the future. Reneging on his verbal commitment was bad enough, but to not even give the Mavs the common courtesy of answering Cuban's fucking phone calls? That is just beyond the pale. He's a coward. Plain and simple. Better we just not have any involvement than to have to trade him away along with draft picks just to get someone to take him off our hands when he inevitably melts down and becomes a liability down the road after we'd already signed him to a max deal.

This is where I'm at. Tank to the very bottom so we don't have to just give away our pick to Boston. Trade anything of value for more picks. Sucks if we lose Rick, but after this fiasco we were probably going to lose him anyway.

Also, If I were Cuban I'd have a heart-to-heart with Dirk, apologize profusely for wasting the last years of his career, thank him repeatedly for bringing this franchise to greatness and being the epitome of class and loyalty- and then I would offer to buy out Dirk's contract so he can retire with dignity or go play somewhere else. Dirk deserves better than to play for a bottom-feeding team at the end of his career.
I couldn't have said it any better. I agree to everything you wrote. +rep

Old 07-09-2015, 06:10 AM   #901
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

So, how long until Jordan starts crying in LA again? I'm giving it until trade deadline in February and he'll be wanting out of there.

I hope Mavs are over with chasing after big time FA-s and focus on trading cap space for picks. Lets face it, teams are going to want to max their cap space for next summer and Dallas should accept bad contracts for 1st rounders. There is really no point in chasing after the likes of Durant. Chances of Durant ending up in Dallas are smaller than anything else. There are far too many examples of big name FAs showing Mavs the finger.

It is a perfect time to tank as the West is hell'a strong and you'll have hard time not losing games. Just try to get those extra 1st round picks like Boston did. Just make sure you end up lower than Minnesota (I don't think 76ers are tanking this season). I also love that we can finally see what Parsons truly can do with ball in his hand 99% of the time.

Please, no more drama about free agents. I actually wasn't on board with the whole signing of Jordan. I only started hoping that perhaps he is something else other than big defender once Cuban confirmed the signing. To me he is still like Tyson, but worse free throw shooter, younger and most certainly not a team leader. Then again, I wouldn't have offered Tyson 4 year deal also, but would've given 3 year with max money.

I don't really understand why people are afraid of losing Rick. Lets face it, Rick does wonders with washed up veterans. He isn't that good if the players already don't know what they have to do. Rick likes to coach experienced players because he doesn't need to hold their hand all the time. Besides, considering how good Rick is - would you really want to have him as coach if you're trying to tank? If anything, try to re-sign Rondo to be player-coach and enjoy winless season.

Last edited by Thebo; 07-09-2015 at 06:14 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #902
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
So, how long until Jordan starts crying in LA again? I'm giving it until trade deadline in February and he'll be wanting out of there.

I hope Mavs are over with chasing after big time FA-s and focus on trading cap space for picks. Lets face it, teams are going to want to max their cap space for next summer and Dallas should accept bad contracts for 1st rounders. There is really no point in chasing after the likes of Durant. Chances of Durant ending up in Dallas are smaller than anything else. There are far too many examples of big name FAs showing Mavs the finger.

It is a perfect time to tank as the West is hell'a strong and you'll have hard time not losing games. Just try to get those extra 1st round picks like Boston did. Just make sure you end up lower than Minnesota (I don't think 76ers are tanking this season). I also love that we can finally see what Parsons truly can do with ball in his hand 99% of the time.

Please, no more drama about free agents. I actually wasn't on board with the whole signing of Jordan. I only started hoping that perhaps he is something else other than big defender once Cuban confirmed the signing. To me he is still like Tyson, but worse free throw shooter, younger and most certainly not a team leader. Then again, I wouldn't have offered Tyson 4 year deal also, but would've given 3 year with max money.

I don't really understand why people are afraid of losing Rick. Lets face it, Rick does wonders with washed up veterans. He isn't that good if the players already don't know what they have to do. Rick likes to coach experienced players because he doesn't need to hold their hand all the time. Besides, considering how good Rick is - would you really want to have him as coach if you're trying to tank? If anything, try to re-sign Rondo to be player-coach and enjoy winless season.
I'm just depressed right now, DJ has a child's mentality.

But we can't keep letting young super stars pass because we're trying to put a band-aid over a gunshot womb. I didn't like being in the basement with other owners, but once we get a Super Star from the draft in the next couple of years, Cuban will align players around that player so I'm not worried. But it's just time... P.S. "F" you DJ.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:22 AM   #903
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post

+1
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:27 AM   #904
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
I'm just depressed right now, DJ has a child's mentality.

But we can't keep letting young super stars pass because we're trying to put a band-aid over a gunshot womb. I didn't like being in the basement with other owners, but once we get a Super Star from the draft in the next couple of years, Cuban will align players around that player so I'm not worried. But it's just time... P.S. "F" you DJ.
Thats what I'm saying. Mavs should ignore next summer when Durant and some other big names come to the market. Just hit the ignore button. There will be teams that try to chase after them and will be trading picks for cap space.

BUT I'm very sure Jordan will have his problems with CP3 again. CP3 has a personality that once confronted he'll act surprised, apologizes. After some time passes everything is back to where it was before - nothing changed.

Last edited by Thebo; 07-09-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:38 AM   #905
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

so this is what it feels like to be left at the alter....
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:48 AM   #906
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

So, everyone have a good night?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:49 AM   #907
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
...and then I would offer to buy out Dirk's contract so he can retire with dignity or go play somewhere else. Dirk deserves better than to play for a bottom-feeding team at the end of his career.
This. No need to apologize, though.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:17 AM   #908
Thebo

I have to add that Jordan being from Houston bugged me all the time. At least now one more reason to hate Houston.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:28 AM   #909
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Nobody is going to be trading picks for cap space next year ccause damn near everyone has hella cap space.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:40 AM   #910
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

I've hated a lot of team and a lot of players during my time as a fan of professional sports, but nothing compares to the hate I feel for DJ and the Clippers right now.

I would erect a statue of Dwyane Wade in my front yard before I ever say one single nice thing about that assclown or that retarded organization.

And when those shitheads come to Dallas, you better believe I'll be behind that visitor bench.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #911
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grbh View Post
Nobody is going to be trading picks for cap space next year ccause damn near everyone has hella cap space.
I have to admit I thought there we're at least big names to go for in 2016 but other than Durant Mike Conley is next in line. People would like to maximize their cap to create room for Big Three. But if there's only Durant open and perhaps Conley, there's nothing much to talk about. Although my list didn't show player options.

Max contracts still are calculated by Salary Cap so it doesn't really matter how high the cap is, 3 max contracts will eat almost everything up. Every team next summer will have space to offer max to Durant but how many have to offer 2 max contracts?
Old 07-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #912
justvisitingsixerfan

justvisitingsixerfan is on a distinguished road

I hear a lot of hatred in this thread. But as a casual 76er fan who has posted here before, I would like to say that I am NOT hearing enough. I can't believe there is anyone who is actually defending Deandre, and the Clippers for their underhanded acts here. Sorry
but I don't care IF the actual contract couldn't be signed til today. He gave his WORD...and one should KEEP their WORD!

As the great " Tony Montana " said..." All I have in this word are my BALL...and MY WORD!....and I don't break em' for NOBODY! "

Well obviously neither the Doc Rivers, or their scumbag owner or Deandre subscribe to the Tony Montana Code. I'm serious though, this to me will have far reaching ramifications. I truly HOPE that no other NBA league GM's do ANY sort of future business with the Clippers as long as that SCUMBAG of a coach/GM Doc Rivers is there. Or that SCUMMIER then " Donald Sterling " ever was of an owner..Steve Balmer.

Too bad this happened to a HONORABLE team like the Mavs.
justvisitingsixerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #913
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
I would erect a statue of Dwyane Wade in my front yard before I ever say one single nice thing about that assclown or that retarded organization.

And when those shitheads come to Dallas, you better believe I'll be behind that visitor bench.
BRAVO!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #914
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 07-09-2015 at 08:07 AM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #915
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by justvisitingsixerfan View Post
I hear a lot of hatred in this thread. But as a casual 76er fan who has posted here before, I would like to say that I am NOT hearing enough. I can't believe there is anyone who is actually defending Deandre, and the Clippers for their underhanded acts here. Sorry
but I don't care IF the actual contract couldn't be signed til today. He gave his WORD...and one should KEEP their WORD!

As the great " Tony Montana " said..." All I have in this word are my BALL...and MY WORD!....and I don't break em' for NOBODY! "

Well obviously neither the Doc Rivers, or their scumbag owner or Deandre subscribe to the Tony Montana Code. I'm serious though, this to me will have far reaching ramifications. I truly HOPE that no other NBA league GM's do ANY sort of future business with the Clippers as long as that SCUMBAG of a coach/GM Doc Rivers is there. Or that SCUMMIER then " Donald Sterling " ever was of an owner..Steve Balmer.

Too bad this happened to a HONORABLE team like the Mavs.
From a Sixers' fan perspective, do you think the Mavs should tank this season?
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:17 AM   #916
justvisitingsixerfan

justvisitingsixerfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
From a Sixers' fan perspective, do you think the Mavs should tank this season?

First let me say that I don't think " Tanking " even happens in this league. YES, A GM might bring in new and different players to see if they can find a Diamond in the rough so to say, but, no matter what players you play out on the court, those guys bust their A S S E S to go all out and WIN...Same for any NBA Head Coach. So it is Impossible for the Mavs, or any team to...TANK as you asked at least to me.

Now with that said...No. I think Cuban should try to do to others what has CLEARLY be done to him and his team...go out and TRY to screw over someone else. In this case...the L.A. Lakers. I say Cuban should reach out to the Pacers, and try to get them to tade Roy Hibbert to them and then they can just agree to re-sign Monta Ellis, and trade him for Hibbert. It would actually SAVE the Pacers money to use on someone else. And the Mavs would get a better then serviceable Big man for at least a season for Defense and some scoring. That is what I would try to do. Mavs have too many other good established players to just sit, and play players who would likely lose games.
justvisitingsixerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #917
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

This hurts to say, but this is going to leave a nasty gash on the Mavericks. As Mavs fans, we can only watch and support. At least we could say that we witnessed Dallas win a championship. Alot of the other NBA teams can't say that. Sometimes things have a way of working out. Who would have thought between 2003-2006, that Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen would end up in Boston in 2007? Who would have thought between 2006-2009, that Lebron and Bosh would play with Wade in Miami in 2010? Who would have thought between 2002-2011, that Peyton Manning would become a Denver Bronco in 2012? Unexpected shit happens. I'm pretty sure after the Spurs defeated the Mavericks in the playoffs in 2014, none of us thought that we would see Tyson, Parsons, and Rondo wearing a Mavericks jersey the next season, but it happened. A couple of months from now or even a year, Dallas may experience something good or great. It can go either way. Its not the end of the world. The lumps may just be a little hard for now.

Last edited by jay3189; 09-25-2018 at 02:07 PM.
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:43 AM   #918
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

This whole moratorium period was really weird compared to past ones. Typically, the big names decide first where they go and everyone else kind of waits on them and then falls in line. On day one, players were agreeing to terms which was odd. This also contributed to the effect that DJ has on the Mavs. Now there are very few if any players left that are even worth the money that we have to spend just to reach the league team minimum. We will have to way overpay some scrubs on a 1 year deal.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #919
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
So, everyone have a good night?
Strangely, I feel relieved. We weren't going to be a championship team next season anyway. Deandre Jordan isn't a franchise player. He is a very good defender and great rebounder, but he just isn't a guy you build a team around. If he was, then the Clippers would run plays for him.

The reality is that the FO has tried so hard to put some talent around Dirk for his last few years, but the window is all but closed. Things happen for a reason, and it's time for a new era. We'll watch Dirk shoot jumpers until he retires, and that is all one can ask for. Having any sort of emotional connection to the NBA after he retires will be quite tough.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #920
Melonhead
Guru

Wake up and I'm still not over this. Cuban sent out a cyber dust saying he'll have a response in the next 48 hours. Jordan ignored any attempt to make contact. God I can't imagine the faggotry that was going on at his house. You just know they were talking shit all day about the mavs and refreshing Twitter to post the most childish shit. I honestly would take joy in season ending injuries. Fuck griffin and rivers and all involved.

Tags
power bottom, still a bottom btch