Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-09-2023, 05:52 PM   #841
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Wizards are working on a contract buyout for veteran G/F Will Barton, allowing him to become a free agent. Barton, 32, has had a limited role with Washington this season, but started 71 games and averaged 14.7 points for the Nuggets a season ago. ? via Twitter wojespn
He?s guy we need and whoever best big
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2023, 05:53 PM   #842
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Wizards are working on a contract buyout for veteran G/F Will Barton, allowing him to become a free agent. Barton, 32, has had a limited role with Washington this season, but started 71 games and averaged 14.7 points for the Nuggets a season ago. ? via Twitter wojespn
Yes
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM   #843
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

How much can you give buyout players. Minimum? Any team can offer more or all same?
Old 02-09-2023, 06:18 PM   #844
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Usually minimum I think unless you have your MLE or partial MLE left.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:31 PM   #845
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I feel with these buyouts we can potentially nab players of the same caliber that were dealt for a lot of assets.

Im hyped
Old 02-09-2023, 06:41 PM   #846
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
lol the "only" holdup. No way I'm giving up a first for Thybulle.
I agree. Thought it was worth posting to show the decision-making being used by the MBT. In this case, it make sense they didn't pull the trigger.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:49 PM   #847
JustJay

Kevin Love looks to be getting bought out, doesn't help us obviously.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:50 PM   #848
JustJay

Noel seems to be another buyout, would take.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:53 PM   #849
Grady Wilson

Grady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Stats don't show defense.
He averages 17 MPG and has a defensive rating of 112.
Powell is slightly below that at 114.
His defense can't be that great if he's only getting that much playing time.

Again, what am I missing that this was such a miss on the Mavs part????
Old 02-09-2023, 06:55 PM   #850
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Available Centers include:

Ibaka
Dedmon
Dieng
Bitadze

There are probably more...another possibility for a rebounder is the Manimal but he's been out of the league for several years.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:00 PM   #851
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
As disappointed as I am that we didn't bring in some defense, I have to remind myself.

I can not remember the last time the Mavs has 2 all-star caliber players on the roster. Was it Dirk and Nash?
and they won anything because of the defense around them

I feel Luka and Kyrie are headed to the same fate
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:01 PM   #852
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Available Centers include:

Ibaka
Dedmon
Dieng
Bitadze

There are probably more...another possibility for a rebounder is the Manimal but he's been out of the league for several years.
The only center I feel worth a damn come playoff time would be Noel

None of those guys excite me

I'm really upset the Mavs didn't land Bamba
Old 02-09-2023, 07:04 PM   #853
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Christian Wood: Beat y?all trade rumors ? 😝 ? via Twitter Chriswood_5
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:05 PM   #854
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kevin Love looks to be getting bought out, doesn't help us obviously.
Chris Fedor: #Cavs Koby Altman says he does not anticipate having any buyout discussions with Kevin Love. ? via Twitter ChrisFedor
Old 02-09-2023, 07:15 PM   #855
JustJay

Old 02-09-2023, 07:19 PM   #856
Dallas41
Diamond Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...ms-incomplete/

Mavericks swung big to get Kyrie Irving, but concerns remain on defense after no additional moves at deadline

The Mavericks will put up a lot of points, but can they stop anyone?

The Mavericks' interior defense has been a sore spot going back to last year's Western Conference finals, where Dallas made Kevon Looney look like an All-Star. This season, Dallas ranks dead last in rebounding, an issue that could've been addressed by trying to trade for a big man ahead of Thursday's deadline. Instead, Dallas will have to stick with a frontcourt rotation of Dwight Powell, Christian Wood, Maxi Kleber and JaVale McGee.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:21 PM   #857
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...ms-incomplete/

Mavericks swung big to get Kyrie Irving, but concerns remain on defense after no additional moves at deadline

The Mavericks will put up a lot of points, but can they stop anyone?

The Mavericks' interior defense has been a sore spot going back to last year's Western Conference finals, where Dallas made Kevon Looney look like an All-Star. This season, Dallas ranks dead last in rebounding, an issue that could've been addressed by trying to trade for a big man ahead of Thursday's deadline. Instead, Dallas will have to stick with a frontcourt rotation of Dwight Powell, Christian Wood, Maxi Kleber and JaVale McGee.
According to some on this board we're not allowed to voice our opinion or be upset about that, because we got Kyrie Irving.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:33 PM   #858
Grady Wilson

Grady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
According to some on this board we're not allowed to voice our opinion or be upset about that, because we got Kyrie Irving.
lol. I'm assuming I'm one of those you're referring to. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just curious why you're so bothered they didn't trade Powell for Mamba when there's not that much of a difference. If they could have gotten Mamba by trading someone else then fine. I won't question your opinions again because I didn't realize you would be that sensitive to a differing opinion. Carry on...
Old 02-09-2023, 08:11 PM   #859
BPo001
Diamond Member

Mikal Bridges getting interviewed on TNT. maybe that?s just how he always is, but he sounds pretty bummed to have been traded.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:08 PM   #860
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady Wilson View Post
lol. I'm assuming I'm one of those you're referring to. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just curious why you're so bothered they didn't trade Powell for Mamba when there's not that much of a difference. If they could have gotten Mamba by trading someone else then fine. I won't question your opinions again because I didn't realize you would be that sensitive to a differing opinion. Carry on...
Bamba is a better rebounder, shot blocker and 3 point shooter than Powell

There's no way on hell Kevon Looney does what he did vs Powell in last years playoffs vs Bamba

His size alone would have been an improvement

Powell has proven to be unplayable in every playoff series in his career and that is a fact.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:10 PM   #861
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Should be mentioned that the only two superstars traded were from Brooklyn. No Lavine, Siakam, or even lesser OG were moved. Not even Bojan.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:11 PM   #862
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Should be mentioned that the only two superstars traded were from Brooklyn. No Lavine, Siakam, or even lesser OG were moved. Not even Bojan.
Some quality young players went for 2nd round picks though
Old 02-09-2023, 09:32 PM   #863
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady Wilson View Post
Why is it you've only taken your stance with me not Dallas41 who also wants Bamba over Powell and just put you in your place completely? I don't even know you yet you treated me like my IQ was 10 the first post you made to me. Try it with Dallas41 I won't be conversating with you further.

This board loves it some Powell and Mark Cuban, I don't like either one. I don't care who disagrees.

Last edited by JustJay; 02-09-2023 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:43 PM   #864
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

No one on this board loves Cuban or Powell. What a straw man.

The closest we?ve seen to defending Powell is saying he could be a decent backup.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:43 PM   #865
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The closest we?ve seen to defending Powell is saying he could be a decent backup.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:46 PM   #866
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

You love Cuban though.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:50 PM   #867
JustJay

I apologize although I'm not 100% to blame I am probably 75%. I don't want to argue anymore, with anyone.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:04 PM   #868
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Well if they get some defense from buyout market we will prolly be no worse than if we made an on the margins move like some of these.

It really sucks they couldn't make a bigger move though(Wood, THJ, Powell). It takes two to make a trade, sometimes more even, but it still sucks. Kyrie trade was good, the follow through wasn't.... whether because cuban made the decision we were done or because the market evaluation of what we had made the decision for us doesn't rly matter to me.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:25 PM   #869
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Mavs FO

"we aren't done yet"

Trade deadline passes well we had deal 95% done with Philly but they wanted to much

There's always some report every year talking about how close the Mavs were to making some deal and it gets leaked almost intentionally as they want to put it out there so that the fan base doesn't get upset
Old 02-09-2023, 11:14 PM   #870
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Mattise would have been super meh anyway. Idgaf about a near miss there.

We could have used a big, not sure they plan to keep Silva and actually use him like they probably should. They dwf should be trying to see if they can get a little more out of McGee.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 12:05 AM   #871
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Mattise would have been super meh anyway. Idgaf about a near miss there.

We could have used a big, not sure they plan to keep Silva and actually use him like they probably should. They dwf should be trying to see if they can get a little more out of McGee.
My guess is they find someone on the buyout market and Silva is odd man out.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:32 AM   #872
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My guess is they find someone on the buyout market and Silva is odd man out.
Buyout wouldnt surprise me, but Idk that they know enough about what Silva can do here.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:16 AM   #873
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 02-10-2023, 12:13 PM   #874
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Do the Mavs have any MLEs left? How much?
Old 02-10-2023, 12:24 PM   #875
liqwidhalo

liqwidhalo has a spectacular aura aboutliqwidhalo has a spectacular aura about

5 2nds for either Jae Crowder or Gary Payton II is too much.
liqwidhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 12:59 PM   #876
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Feb 10
A person familiar with negotiations confirmed Dallas front office has not offered Wood a contract extension, despite recent national reporting to the contrary. Doing so would appear unlikely to benefit the Mavericks roster-building flexibility as they evaluate long-term prospects with the controversy-ridden Irving.
Source: Callie Caplan @ Dallas Morning News

Last edited by purplefrog; 02-10-2023 at 12:59 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:18 PM   #877
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Feb 10
A person familiar with negotiations confirmed Dallas front office has not offered Wood a contract extension, despite recent national reporting to the contrary. Doing so would appear unlikely to benefit the Mavericks roster-building flexibility as they evaluate long-term prospects with the controversy-ridden Irving.
I knew it.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:27 PM   #878
Amarelooms

Quote:
Feb 10
Cuban being dummy. I guess trading for players and losing 1st round picks and then letting them walk for nothing back is smart team building - what an idiot.

Last edited by Amarelooms; 02-10-2023 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:17 PM   #879
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
Cuban being dummy. I guess trading for players and losing 1st round picks and then letting them walk for nothing back is smart team building - what an idiot.
He only got Wood to take pressure off himself for letting Brunson walk. Idiot gave up a FRP and wants nothing to do with Wood on the team lol
Old 02-10-2023, 02:23 PM   #880
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Feb 10
FML.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote