Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #1081
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

The Beta Band....best of...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #1082
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

a 28 track, $13, slice of heaven if you ask me. really a solid album from start to finish. that and the pearl jam album have been brights spots of the past two weeks for me. they've been keeping me going in my quest to conquer actuarial exam #6.

Big : I completely agree with what you're saying about all the pearl jam albums. i think binaural is probably my least fav too, but it's still a pretty solid album. yield is generally a fixture in my car, and vs. i dare to say, is better than 10.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:32 PM   #1083
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

The Bryds - The Byrds Play Dylan
John Kelley - Only You
Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome
Collective Soul - Home
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #1084
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't listen to full albums as all my music is ripped to my HD, so right now I'm listening to Danzig - Mother
Old 05-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #1085
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I don't listen to full albums as all my music is ripped to my HD, so right now I'm listening to Danzig - Mother
Wow, Danzig, some pretty hard core stuff there. I remeber this guy in highschool used to listen to them and Gwar a ton. It was great.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #1086
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

bernardos, you listen to the Misfits, too?

"i want to rip your head off, and put it in a jar!"
Old 05-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #1087
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I don't think so BBL, I like more feely songs, such as Vicarious by Tool:
"Cause I need to watch things die... from a distance"

And Mudvayne's Dig
"I would love to beat in the face,
Of any mother f**** that's thinkin' they can change me,
White knuckles grip pushing through for the gold,
If you're wantin' a piece of me I broke the mother fuckin'mold"

You know, just to relax.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #1088
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

that misifts cd (actually, i had it on tape) could be the most hilarious album i have ever owned. the songs are so "dark", they're hilarious.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #1089
gomavs5

gomavs5 is an unknown quantity at this point

im listening to T.I King What you know
gomavs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #1090
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Toots reminds me of Shawn Marion
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #1091
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-12-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #1092
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Opeth - still life
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #1093
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Since this is the music discussion thread, more or less, I felt that it was appropriate to bring the up here:

Fugazi's "Waiting Room" as the opening theme to Game 2 of the WCF Finals?

Someone at TNT has good taste!
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #1094
thunderFence
Banned

thunderFence can only hope to improve

The kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
The Reconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
Paris - The Devil Made me do it
Basehead- Play with toys
Fun Lovin' Criminals - come find yourself
thunderFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #1095
thunderFence
Banned

thunderFence can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
that misifts cd (actually, i had it on tape) could be the most hilarious album i have ever owned. the songs are so "dark", they're hilarious.

I just bought static age on red vinyl...

static age is a great song
thunderFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #1096
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i had to look it up, but the misfits cd i was talking about is "Walk Among Us". "Skulls" is a hilarious song.

nice selection with Kings of Leon, thunderfence. i'm also planning on picking up raconteurs today.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #1097
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Tapes n' Tapes - The Loon
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush
Dr. Octagon - The Return of Dr. Octagon

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #1098
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Nonpoint - To The Pain
Old 05-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #1099
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

since this is the CD thread, thought I'd mention it here. Circuit City is having a Memorial Day Sale. All single-disc CDs are $9.77. I picked up some new ones, and some ones i have just never gotten around to getting.

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
Box Car Racer
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
The Little Willies
Angels and Airwaves - We Don't Need to Whisper
Old 05-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #1100
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Love the Raconteurs album.

Old 05-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #1101
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I heard one song by the Shins, new slang. Pretty good, I remember hearing it in Garden State. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #1102
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I don't know if U2 is still posting in this thread, but I know he loves the white stripes. U2, you need to check out this Raconteurs album. all i had heard before getting it was "Steady, as She Goes", which i loved, but the whole thing is damn good.

yeah, bernardos, that song is actually off of their other album, which i have, and is great. just hadn't gotten Chutes Too Narrow yet.

and as for Box Car Racer and Angels and Airwaves... those are both side projects/new bands for Tom Delonge of Blink-182. Box Car Racer was released a few years ago, and Angels and Airwaves was released last week. it's not that kind of "fun, silly punk" that Blink does (which has its place). this stuff is pretty good, and i've always loved delonge's voice for some reason, whiny and all.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-28-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:38 PM   #1103
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I used to hate Delonge's voice when he was singing Blink stuff (except for Dammit). I've only heard "The Adventure" from Angels and Airwaves, but I really like the way his voice sounds on it. It's less high pitched and nasally, but still retains similarities to his previous work.

Maybe it just sounds more mature now then it did a few years ago, but I like it.

Old 05-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #1104
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, that's the key with both the albums. the are definitely more mature than Blink. With Angels and Airwaves being more mature than Box Car Racer.

and yeah, i still love Dammit, probably my favorite Blink album. but i really like delonge's voice on the chorus of "Stay Together for the Kids" (maybe my favorite blink song) and in "I Miss You".
Old 05-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #1105
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

MadVillain - MadVillainy
DangerDoom - The Mouse and the Mask
Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain

(Sensing a theme?)

Bad Religion - No Control
Angels and Airwaves - We Don't Need To Whisper

Old 05-30-2006, 01:18 AM   #1106
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I recently bought Hawk Nelson - Smile It's the End of the World

It's a great CD that I would definetly recommend, by a new band that not many people have heard of. It's an Alternative sounding Christian group, that sounds like an even better Relient K. Definetly worth a listen.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #1107
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

The Velvet Underground - Self Titled

dang, its good.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:51 AM   #1108
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Motorhead - Ace of Spades Getting pumped up for the game tonite!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:43 AM   #1109
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Just had the privelige (sp?) of seeing NIN live last night, so probably will have Rezy's stuff in there for a while...
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #1110
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Jack's Mannequin
The Fray

Some laid-back stuff.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #1111
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Heck, I was watching VH1's Greatest Metal songs so here's a rundown on my playlist right now:
Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills
Faith No More - Epic

Also, this band I just recently found out about called Panic! At The Disco.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #1112
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

bernie, you may not be a looker but your taste in music is beyond reproach

btw, Panic! At The Disco is f*ckin' awesome.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #1113
Failed Smile
Banned

Failed Smile is on a distinguished road

one word
the artic monkeys

also
kings of leon
clap your hands say yeah!
my morning jacket

and panic is horrible
Failed Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #1114
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Smile
one word
the artic monkeys

also
kings of leon
clap your hands say yeah!
my morning jacket

and panic is horrible
Arctic Monkey is excellent. I especially like View From The Afternoon,Fake Tales of San Francisco, and Dancing Shoes.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #1115
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Great post, Failed, agreed on all counts.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #1116
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The fray are awesome orange. Have you seen them live? They are amazing.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:14 PM   #1117
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Belle And Sebastian - Fold your hands child, you walk like a peasant.

^ great album. I have hardly listened to any other band since picking up my first B&S album.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 06-02-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #1118
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Ninkobei,

I love B&S. My favorite is probably "If You're Feeling Sinister." I really like their new release, "The Life Pursuit."

Old 06-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #1119
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Heck, I was watching VH1's Greatest Metal songs so here's a rundown on my playlist right now:
Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills
Faith No More - Epic

Also, this band I just recently found out about called Panic! At The Disco.

haha, that list reminds me of when I was in high school. I saw most of those bands live before I could legally drive. My first experience with a mosh pit was at a Sepultura/Ministry show. Fun!

My tastes have mellowed a bit over the years. I think someone mentioned My Morning Jacket... i like that. I hate clap your hands and say yeah. Wolf Parade is pretty interesting... Art Brut... and someone turned me onto this crazy Antony and the Johnsons. If anyone's a fan of that bizarre Velvet Underground stuff with Niko might want to check it out.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #1120
AgulaDX

AgulaDX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Jack's Mannequin
The Fray

Some laid-back stuff.
I got those two bands, Straylight Run, Taking Back Sunday and Blue October.

Good stuff everyone.
AgulaDX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here