Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-29-2001, 12:21 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

How 'bout them Cubbies? Goin south in a hurry. That McGriff trade ain't looking to good now is it? Nothing but the Sammy Sosa watch going on(AGAIN) in the windy city. So bye bye, have fun watching Sammy while the Astros are headed to the playoffs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2001, 05:54 PM   #2
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Rob...you're really starting to piss me off! They're still playing really well, mainly due to Sammy, and if the season ended today then they would still be in the playoffs via the wild card spot.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:00 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Still playing well? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

There only playing .500 ball and turned a 3 game division lead into a 4 game deficit.

Old 08-30-2001, 06:02 PM   #4
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

.500 ball? Since when? They're still one of the top 3 teams in the NL and the only reason that they are so far behind is because Houston hasn't hardley lost a game in 2 months.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:04 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

5-5 in there last 10. But your right, the 'stros are HOT!

Old 08-30-2001, 06:05 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

OK...10 games. I thought you were trying to say like since the break or something.
Old 08-31-2001, 12:10 PM   #7
jabesly73

jabesly73 is on a distinguished road

Cubs will sneak into the playoffs as the Wild Card. I hope the Giants knock off Arizona. In fact, I would like Baseball to institute some type of cap so that the Yankees model of buying championships will fade into the past. Arizona may have succeeded in doing so this year, but I don't have to like it.

Phillies
Astros
Giants (lose to M's in the World Series, Bonds still not Mr. October)
Cubs

Yankees (deserve to lose)
Indians
M's (win it all)
A's

Who do you think will win it all? (Of course predictions get easier by Mid-September.)
Old 08-31-2001, 02:09 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

braves over the phillies in the east..
they have too much pitching, and will get back into the playoffs.
arizona wins the west...
and hopefully the giants will edge out the shit-hole cubs
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 05:36 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Still not a Cubbie fan, Murph? What is the key to a 7 game series? Pitching. And why are the Cubbies doing so well? Pitching. Plus they will soon get Wood and White back. They're set for the long haul.
Old 09-01-2001, 10:01 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't say the cubs would do poorly in a 7 game series..

actually, look at the national league playoff contenders..most teams have solid pitching

the braves, obviously
the astros, very deep
the cubs, yep
arizona, two starters as dominating as it gets

i'm just hoping the cubs dont' make it in the playoffs to begin with
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 01:54 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Oh...I know you never said that they were bad, but I knew you would join in on the conversation sooner or later so I offered the invitation. How 'bout that Chicago/Atlanta series going down. I like the outcome.