Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-23-2024, 12:59 PM   #161
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Kawhi was at shootaround.

The line quickly moved from Mavs favored -1.5 to Mavs dogs at +1.5
Old 04-23-2024, 01:15 PM   #162
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Not feeling great about this game either especially with how lower seeds are faring.

We'll make it a game, but the Clippers out coach and out talent us espeically if Kawhi plays.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 01:21 PM   #163
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Jokic is great.

In other news... we have a game to win tonight and we need our MVP to step into his all-time great shoes and get it done.
That move jokic put on AD late in that game last night was sick to draw the and 1
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 02:24 PM   #164
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Not feeling great about this game either especially with how lower seeds are faring.

We'll make it a game, but the Clippers out coach and out talent us espeically if Kawhi plays.
Agreed, I see a close loss. Its going to come down to how Luka starts and the ball not sticking.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:49 PM   #165
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's weird, every other year I'm fuming, but I just don't care as much this time around. Maybe I'm getting old...

But mostly I think it's because we don't have a lot of FA drama this summer and can build something with this team. We're not desperate for anything anymore other than maybe a third reliable scorer.

Old 04-23-2024, 03:04 PM   #166
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's weird, every other year I'm fuming, but I just don't care as much this time around. Maybe I'm getting old...

But mostly I think it's because we don't have a lot of FA drama this summer and can build something with this team. We're not desperate for anything anymore other than maybe a third reliable scorer.
this is the most stressed ive been for mavs playoffs since 2011. because it feels real that they have a near complete team.

and i know we talk about injuries wrt Kyrie but this was the most games hes played in 5 seasons. even playing 58 games was a miracle for him and im not expecting him to beat that number next season.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM   #167
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Luka and Kyrie kick it up a notch.

I'm also not at all afraid of Kawhi and whenever he returns. I think the version of the Clippers we saw Sunday is much better than with a hobbled Kawhi. You cannot convince me he's 100% and won't get hunted for every switch. At the minimum, his conditioning can't be close after all this time off the knee. Wear him down and the rotation shock of him coming back negatively affects the Clippers.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:07 PM   #168
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Luka and Kyrie kick it up a notch.

I'm also not at all afraid of Kawhi and whenever he returns. I think the version of the Clippers we saw Sunday is much better than with a hobbled Kawhi. You cannot convince me he's 100% and won't get hunted for every switch. At the minimum, his conditioning can't be close after all this time off the knee. Wear him down and the rotation shock of him coming back negatively affects the Clippers.
Agreed, Kawhi, won't be much of a difference, we scored 8 points in the 2nd quarter. We shot ourselves in the foot. Then when you do that, got to play catch up the rest of the way.

Harden 8-11 on 3's, a career 36% from distance, will clang a few of those the rest of the way. He was their key to the Game 1 win.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:31 PM   #169
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Agreed, Kawhi, won't be much of a difference, we scored 8 points in the 2nd quarter. We shot ourselves in the foot. Then when you do that, got to play catch up the rest of the way.

Harden 8-11 on 3's, a career 36% from distance, will clang a few of those the rest of the way. He was their key to the Game 1 win.
Another concern is Zubac vs. Gafford/Lively.
Zubac gets 20pts and 15 rebounds. Gafford/Lively score 6 and grab 4 boards.

Mavs can't let Zubac push around their interior players. If Game 2 starts to look the same in this regard, Kidd should substitute Morris in at the 5 as an enforcer for 5-7 minutes just to get IZ rattled a bit. Gafford should be able to do that, but for whatever reason it didn't happen on Sunday. Same for whoever is guarding Westbrook. If you let those guys bully you, then the whole Clippers team gets energized. Mavs need to come out strong and land the first punch (so to speak).
Old 04-23-2024, 04:59 PM   #170
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post

For sure, I'd also add PG to that since he banked in a couple, and let's not forget Westbrick will return to form. But I do think they played with more flow without Kawhi and that helps all 3 of those guys, IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

Mavs can't let Zubac push around their interior players. If Game 2 starts to look the same in this regard, Kidd should substitute Morris in at the 5 as an enforcer for 5-7 minutes just to get IZ rattled a bit. Gafford should be able to do that, but for whatever reason it didn't happen on Sunday. Same for whoever is guarding Westbrook. If you let those guys bully you, then the whole Clippers team gets energized. Mavs need to come out strong and land the first punch (so to speak).
Zubac was getting way too much position early on. Not too many centers can contain that size starting at the block. Gafford was one of the only guys to take public accountability so I trust he will be fine.

Both guys seemed to be selling out on defense and put themselves out of position for a rebound. Led to a number of putbacks so I'm hoping they also adjust that. I'd love some Morris and like that idea.

I think Mavs come out with a fire. You guys may even see me on here since my wife definitely won't stay up for this one! lol
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 05:09 PM   #171
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
For sure, I'd also add PG to that since he banked in a couple, and let's not forget Westbrick will return to form. But I do think they played with more flow without Kawhi and that helps all 3 of those guys, IMO

Zubac was getting way too much position early on. Not too many centers can contain that size starting at the block. Gafford was one of the only guys to take public accountability so I trust he will be fine.

Both guys seemed to be selling out on defense and put themselves out of position for a rebound. Led to a number of putbacks so I'm hoping they also adjust that. I'd love some Morris and like that idea.

I think Mavs come out with a fire. You guys may even see me on here since my wife definitely won't stay up for this one! lol
True, the ball was moving around the floor so fast, a lot less dribbling, a lot less time for defenders to make up ground. Kawhi in there with his claw isolated on the elbow, watching the shot clock dwindle.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 06:59 PM   #172
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Kahwi is a game time decision but probably playing.

Old 04-23-2024, 09:24 PM   #173
Melonhead
Guru

Zubac 2 fouls let?s go
Old 04-23-2024, 09:27 PM   #174
Melonhead
Guru

Clippers decided to turn it back to January level play. They look so good defensively after being one of the worst last few weeks of the season
Old 04-23-2024, 09:29 PM   #175
Melonhead
Guru

Idk man Luka still doesn?t look right
Old 04-23-2024, 09:29 PM   #176
Melonhead
Guru

PJ 2 fouls fuck
Old 04-23-2024, 09:30 PM   #177
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

I think you just have to let them guard zubac 1v1. If he goes off and they want to cater their offense around it, go ahead. Just dont get in foul trouble trying to defend him. They have too many other weapons to stick with that. Last game we played right into their hand by doubling and leavi g others open. Then we were sent scrambling.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:32 PM   #178
Melonhead
Guru

Size is clearly bothering Kyrie he?s damn near invisible out there
Old 04-23-2024, 09:36 PM   #179
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Kyrie is Mr. fourth quarter. His whole career, he's struggled in the first quarters.

Bad news is that Luka is Mr. second and third quarters. Defense is going to have to keep us alive and we need something from the supporting case while our starts are 0-5
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:38 PM   #180
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

First Luka/Kyrie FG 7 minutes into the game and somehow have the lead
Old 04-23-2024, 09:38 PM   #181
Melonhead
Guru

Doncic b2b jumpers heat up man
Old 04-23-2024, 09:38 PM   #182
Melonhead
Guru

Gafford questionable to return. FUCK
Old 04-23-2024, 09:39 PM   #183
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kleber putting up excellent averages of 20% from the field and 0% from three
Old 04-23-2024, 09:39 PM   #184
Melonhead
Guru

Maxi lol
Old 04-23-2024, 09:40 PM   #185
Melonhead
Guru

Lfg Luka
Old 04-23-2024, 09:41 PM   #186
Melonhead
Guru

Just a horrible lineup offensively there, Luka has no one to pass to that ll make a shot
Old 04-23-2024, 09:41 PM   #187
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Once again, supporting cast starts off terribly. Kleber literally given multiple shots on a platter and can?t make one. Brutal
JTmoney2424 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:46 PM   #188
Melonhead
Guru

Kinda hard to win with the new guys when hurt or foul trouble
Old 04-23-2024, 09:48 PM   #189
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Luka 1-4 on are back threes but he hasn?t found one he won?t take
Old 04-23-2024, 09:49 PM   #190
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

4 blocks in a quarter? and none of them Gafford/Lively
Old 04-23-2024, 09:54 PM   #191
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Could sure use more than 2TO and 1reb from Kai
Old 04-23-2024, 09:54 PM   #192
Melonhead
Guru

Why does Luka look soooo unsure

So sloppy
Old 04-23-2024, 09:57 PM   #193
Melonhead
Guru

I?m sorry man what the fuck is this offense. Luka dribble dribble no movement
Old 04-23-2024, 10:00 PM   #194
Melonhead
Guru

Thank you Luka for driving and decisively floating it in.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:05 PM   #195
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

A few guys are much better tonight particularly DJJ, Exum, PJ and Lively on the defensive end
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:05 PM   #196
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

PJ and Lively killing them on FTs
Old 04-23-2024, 10:07 PM   #197
Melonhead
Guru

Kyrie let?s cook
Old 04-23-2024, 10:08 PM   #198
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Anyone have a good working stream?
Old 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM   #199
JTmoney2424

Second time in a row Luka turns it over and just gives up on defense. Thankfully Mann missed that wide open 3. He needs to stay more engaged.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:10 PM   #200
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Really need to attack Zubac

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote